Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't you write "The bears were looking to trade him since last years draft?"

Same shit about Forte. He "only" had over 1200 all around yards after missing three games due to injury. The prior season he had over 1900 all around yards. Some ere "predicted" that Marshall was going downhill also. How'd that work out for them?

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Same shit about Forte. He "only" had over 1200 all around yards after missing three games due to injury. The prior season he had over 1900 all around yards. Some ere "predicted" that Marshall was going downhill also. How'd that work out for them?

That was in fact NOT the pertinent points with BM. He was shipped out b/c our GM and HC thought he would be detrimental to the locker room, and because they weren't competing for a SB with or without him last season and this season.

Why can't some people understand these decisions are often predicted on factors other than the players' personal statistics?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
in one year, the offense has lost a 1300 yard receiver, a 800-900 yard TE, and a 1500 YFS RB who happens to be the best pass catching RB in the NFL.

In lieu, we got a 5th round pick, a 4th round pick, and hot air.

Why are you guys OK with this?

No really. Especially theCutler nuthuggers. The team has lost 3000 yards of receiving and somehow this is cool with you?

It is like Pace is saying. I want all of the previous management to not take credit for anyone that I inherited. So I want them gone. That is the ONLY EXPLANATION that makes any sense at all because if a general manager just focused on the worth of his players, there would be no fucking way that they would get rid of them for the crap that they got in return. I also think that they trumped up these accusations about the supposed "malcontents" Bennett and Marshall in order to get some dumb assed fans on their side. Then they spread this narrative about Forte being "done" by not even talking to him about a contract. To me that was the fucking height of arrogance on Pace's part.

I gave this grade before about Pace. I give him a "C" over-all. He made some good moves defensively but lost big time ground offensively We will see how it plays out in the draft but thus far the team of Pace/Fox doesn't impress me.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quote Originally Posted by Mongo_76 View Post

in one year, the offense has lost a 1300 yard receiver, a 800-900 yard TE, and a 1500 YFS RB who happens to be the best pass catching RB in the NFL.

In lieu, we got a 5th round pick, a 4th round pick, and hot air.

Why are you guys OK with this?

No really. Especially theCutler nuthuggers. The team has lost 3000 yards of receiving and somehow this is cool with you?

YOu laugh about this? IT was spot on:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His numbers were average last year so how could we have gotten more?

Um. He had broken ribs and played through it. And his career was more than last season. I would have kept the guy and let him play for a contract. THey do that all of the time for other players. Hell, they had half a squad last season did they not? All playing on one year contracts. Yet they push him of town basically giving up an all-star caliber player and a draft pick for a slightly lower draft pick. Pace got snookered.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you wanted us to wait till Marty was a year older which dimishes value in order to get better value for him when he is clearly sulking out there and teams could just draft a TE instead of trading for one who comes with baggage? Brilliant

Are you listening to yourself? Bennett wasn't just going to sit on the sidelines getting a year older. He was going to PLAY for a CONTRACT. Sure he'd bitch and moan but SO WHAT? And name the tight ends in this draft that are better than Bennett? I say none. MAYBE ONE?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Standard operating procedure. Moves from the new regime get unwavering support and anyone they get rid of instantly becomes a scrub that was never any good. Marshall... scrub. Forte... scrub. Bennett.. scrub. Don't worry guys we'll be just fine without them!!

Then when the shine wears off from the new regime it flips and they all complain about all the moves they previously supported and whine that Cutler has no talent to work with. Gotta love it.

Great post. I would bet that the same people who anointed Emery and Trestman and company as the savior of the organization and at the end skewered them on a spit are the same lummoxes who christen Pace and Fox as the real saviors of the Bears and who will ride them out on a rail when they fail. And of course these same people will say how they never liked the organization in the first place:(

The bottom line to me is that I have been advocating for a long long time for the McCaskey's to step away from the Bears and either sell the franchise or appoint a real football tsar to run it properly. They(the McCaskeys) have never done that and the Bears are totally doomed as a franchise. The business model should be based on what Rocky Wirtz did when he took over. The only Rocky that McCaskey emulates is Bullwinkle's pal.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
That was in fact NOT the pertinent points with BM. He was shipped out b/c our GM and HC thought he would be detrimental to the locker room, and because they weren't competing for a SB with or without him last season and this season.

Why can't some people understand these decisions are often predicted on factors other than the players' personal statistics?

Just to be clear, I agree that this team does not have the talent to win the SB this year.

But every single HC in the NFL should be coaching his team and building them as if they can.

If Pace and Fox right now are sending messages to the team that they can't compete, this is going to be far worse shit-show of a season than you expect.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Olin, Url,,Hester, Peanut, BM, Briggs, Forte, MB.

Fanboys gonna fanboy, and meatballs gonna meatball.

The NFL is a business first, and a game second. Pace is fucking nailing this Offseason with solid additions and 100% necessary deletions, Vag-bleeding from the dimwitted notwithstanding.

How gross as well as being just stupid:(

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
Another whinefest thread ala the brandon marshall trade
You are just fans , deal with it or stop watching football, or go get a GM job,

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Because you people tend to "believe" the CRAP that the Bear's organization and their media lackeys put out there. Marshall wasn't even interviewed by Pace or Fox. So how would they know anything about him? Come-on. This shit either came down from the top by the McCaskey idiots or Pace decided he would remove every significant element of the previous management group. That is your problem of not seeing the forest through the trees/

I believe that the Bear's organization is one of the worst in all of sports and has been ever since Papa Bear died.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Olin, Url,,Hester, Peanut, BM, Briggs, Forte, MB.

Fanboys gonna fanboy, and meatballs gonna meatball.

The NFL is a business first, and a game second. Pace is fucking nailing this Offseason with solid additions and 100% necessary deletions, Vag-bleeding from the dimwitted notwithstanding.

You named 8 pro-bowlers incl 2 (possibly 3) HOF'ers....

Let me ask you this, let's say that White, (like many many other players who sat out their entire rookie season) doesn't pan out. What weapons do we really have now?

We have Alshon who is, so far, playing on a franchise tag, Langford, who had the highest drop percentage on the team, and.... ?

Miller? A guy who looked good in a few games but is often injured.

Royal? Injured often and was mediocre at best when he was in his prime.

No really.what weapons do we have surrounding a QB who needs weapons?

And lets not forget Pace tried to trade our QB last year.

And our OC just left in in his place is a midget who has never called a play in his life.

I have no issues with what has happened on D. In fact, extremely happy so far.

But we are now, seemingly, making all kinds of mistakes/bad decisions / bad trades on O.

You have to support both sides of the damn ball.

How is it, even you purely offensive minded fans, don't see what's happening?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I guess but you need a buyer.

Bennett was 28, had just finished his 3rd season as a starting TE, put up 900 yards, 90 catches, and was on a 2 year contract.

The Saints trade Graham, who had worse stats in 2014, (not saying Bennetts better) got a 1st round pick, Max Unger (pro-bowl center who just won a SB).

The market for TE's is and was higher than what we got.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Another whinefest thread ala the brandon marshall trade
You are just fans , deal with it or stop watching football, or go get a GM job,

The team has put up a 5 win season, a 6 win season, and an 8 win season over the last 3 years.

The previous 2 GM's and HC's have made questionable moves.

The current GM is making head-scratching moves.

We're allowed to question why he is jettisoning offensive weapons.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
BTW....

From everything that I have read or seen, Bennetts biggest issue is/was the contract.

Alshon is still not happy with negotiations. Won't agree to any deal on the table.

Is on a franchise tag. Essentially a one year deal that he's not happy with.

Time to trade our franchise contract on him for a 4th or 5th rounder?

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Bennett was 28, had just finished his 3rd season as a starting TE, put up 900 yards, 90 catches, and was on a 2 year contract.

The Saints trade Graham, who had worse stats in 2014, (not saying Bennetts better) got a 1st round pick, Max Unger (pro-bowl center who just won a SB).

The market for TE's is and was higher than what we got.
Correction, the market for Graham was higher. And if you want to talk about getting bent over just look at Seattle.
I'm sorry that we weren't the ones to bend Seattle over, but clearly they weren't buying what we were selling. Because the worst GM in the NFL would have taken that trade.
So lets not pretend Pace had the opportunity and turned it down.
We got exactly what Bennett was worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.