Martellus Bennett traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
in one year, the offense has lost a 1300 yard receiver, a 800-900 yard TE, and a 1500 YFS RB who happens to be the best pass catching RB in the NFL.

In lieu, we got a 5th round pick, a 4th round pick, and hot air.

Why are you guys OK with this?

No really. Especially theCutler nuthuggers. The team has lost 3000 yards of receiving and somehow this is cool with you?

Lol.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Exactly. We should have gotten more in return this year. And definitely could/should have gotten even more last year.
So answer his question. What would you give for the production that Bennett put up last year?

mecha

Liked Posts:
in one year, the offense has lost a 1300 yard receiver, a 800-900 yard TE, and a 1500 YFS RB who happens to be the best pass catching RB in the NFL.

No really. Especially theCutler nuthuggers. The team has lost 3000 yards of receiving and somehow this is cool with you?

I'm not ok with it. I like Cutler, but I don't consider myself a "Cutler nuthugger". if the entire initiative is to rebuild the culture and dump whatever the previous GM did, then Ryan Pace is doing a good job of it. I think the whole "Bennett wasn't playing another down for the team anyway!" rhetoric is childish and complete bullshit. if that were the case then why didn't he tank last year? it wasn't his best year, but he also played hurt with a rib injury. what was the purpose of dumping Marshall? he was on a TV show? he gets pissed when they lose games and he calls people out? they're grown men. they'll get over it. that was a stupid trade, just like when they unloaded Thomas Jones. what was the purpose of that move? to give their shitty 1st round pick a chance to start? what was the purpose of dumping Forte? he would've worked for peanuts to stay with the team allegedly, and the team couldn't even make him an offer? listen, if Forte started the entire year and only had like 700 yards on the season, I'd buy your theory that he needed to go. he played as well this year as he had the last 3. that was a stupid move as well. but why? oh, he's 30. he's going to just fall apart now.

it's whatever. I don't agree with dumping good players and creating new needs when there's a laundry list of existing needs. like the entire defense. I just really hope Kevin White turns out to be all that and a bag of chips, cause that Marshall trade still pisses me off. you can all whine about "CANCER!" all you want, he was one of the best receivers the team ever had.

TomWaddle

Liked Posts:
I'm under the assumption that a TE coming off a 90 catch, 900 yard, 6TD season is worth mor than moving up a few pics in the draft.

Like I said, even Olsen got us a 3rd.

And take a look at what was paid for Graham after a season where his stats were actually worse than Bennett.

But what is more important to me is the fact that there is a pattern happening here:

Don't like the Fox, or the coaches, Or Cutler, or the play calling, or the reps, or the pay or the # of targets? No problem, We'll trade you for peanuts.

I understand you feel there is less talent on the team with Bennet gone... that is true.

But what isn't true is that Pace got bent over. Pace took the best available deal. You can't take deals that aren't offered.

If you think Marcellus Bennett is worth more than the deal Pace got, but no other GM in the NFL thought so... maybe you're wrong?

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where is all the whining about the Fox dog house? People whined nonstop about Lovie mistreating mediocre players in his imaginary doghouse. Fox is trading pro-bowl caliber players and the homers cheer.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not ok with it. I like Cutler, but I don't consider myself a "Cutler nuthugger". if the entire initiative is to rebuild the culture and dump whatever the previous GM did, then Ryan Pace is doing a good job of it. I think the whole "Bennett wasn't playing another down for the team anyway!" rhetoric is childish and complete bullshit. if that were the case then why didn't he tank last year? it wasn't his best year, but he also played hurt with a rib injury. what was the purpose of dumping Marshall? he was on a TV show? he gets pissed when they lose games and he calls people out? they're grown men. they'll get over it. that was a stupid trade, just like when they unloaded Thomas Jones. what was the purpose of that move? to give their shitty 1st round pick a chance to start? what was the purpose of dumping Forte? he would've worked for peanuts to stay with the team allegedly, and the team couldn't even make him an offer? listen, if Forte started the entire year and only had like 700 yards on the season, I'd buy your theory that he needed to go. he played as well this year as he had the last 3. that was a stupid move as well. but why? oh, he's 30. he's going to just fall apart now.

it's whatever. I don't agree with dumping good players and creating new needs when there's a laundry list of existing needs. like the entire defense. I just really hope Kevin White turns out to be all that and a bag of chips, cause that Marshall trade still pisses me off. you can all whine about "CANCER!" all you want, he was one of the best receivers the team ever had.

Bennett did tank last year.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

"Brandon Marshall is one of the best receivers that four teams have ever had, so clearly it's the Bears' fault for not learning how to live with this wonderful human being."

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

I think you move on from those players to replace them with younger talent that is a better fit under the current coaches and management. Are they all good players, yes. Do they all have knocks against them, yes. Are we still going to have wide receivers and tight ends and running backs that catch passes out of the back field this next season, yes.

So if you want to kick and bitch about Paces moves that's cool, but understand that some of us see that between him and Fox they are attempting to put this organization in a better place for a long run of success. Sometimes you let go of talent, even for less than it's worth, because you know you have to move away from that person for reasons beyond what the numbers and statistics show.

Cutler is on the list of guys that are going to get moved on from. They tried last year and were unable to. I think once he stayed last year the decision to keep him this year was made due to the guaranteed money and not having a QB to groom behind him. If we get a QB in this draft and he shows any sign of being a long term solution Cutty will be gone next year.

At this point we have scrubbed out most of the infected nasty skin (Sans Cutler) and hopefully the wound can heal and we can start winning some games that matter in January for a change.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I understand you feel there is less talent on the team with Bennet gone... that is true.

But what isn't true is that Pace got bent over. Pace took the best available deal. You can't take deals that aren't offered.

If you think Marcellus Bennett is worth more than the deal Pace got, but no other GM in the NFL thought so... maybe you're wrong?

I'm sure they did take the best deal offered - up to that point. But who is to say what is still out there? Who is to say what could have happened during the season. Bennett was under contract. The "best deal" was getting him to buy-in, understand that it's a contract year, and have him play. And holding him until a fair deal was there.

Pace is making rookie mistakes and not very good a deal making.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I think you move on from those players to replace them with younger talent that is a better fit under the current coaches and management.
Ok...

And in doing so, you want the most value for them as possible. No?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
So if you want to kick and bitch about Paces moves that's cool, but understand that some of us see that between him and Fox they are attempting to put this organization in a better place for a long run of success. Sometimes you let go of talent, even for less than it's worth, because you know you have to move away from that person for reasons beyond what the numbers and statistics show.

Would you agree that a 2nd or 3rd rounder would give us a better chance in helping the team to build long term success than swapping out a 6th for a 4th?

Would you agree that trading players under contract away when they aren't happy (for whatever reason) is setting a bad precedence and may impact long term success?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Exactly. We should have gotten more in return this year. And definitely could/should have gotten even more last year.

His numbers were average last year so how could we have gotten more?

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Would you agree that a 2nd or 3rd rounder would give us a better chance in helping the team to build long term success than swapping out a 6th for a 4th?

Would you agree that trading players under contract away when they aren't happy (for whatever reason) is setting a bad precedence and may impact long term success?
Nobody was going to give up a second or third for him. Not now, not before, not later.
DeMarco Murray is a far more valuable player. You know what the Eagles got for him? 13 spots in the fourth round.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
His numbers were average last year so how could we have gotten more?

When he went out, he was in the top 10 in yards and catches for a TE and top 3 in targets.

And his previous season numbers can't be ignored.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ok...

And in doing so, you want the most value for them as possible. No?

So you wanted us to wait till Marty was a year older which dimishes value in order to get better value for him when he is clearly sulking out there and teams could just draft a TE instead of trading for one who comes with baggage? Brilliant

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Nobody was going to give up a second or third for him. Not now, not before, not later.
DeMarco Murray is a far more valuable player. You know what the Eagles got for him? 13 spots in the fourth round.

Please don't compare a RB to a Te in a passing league....

Thanks

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
So you wanted us to wait till Marty was a year older which finished value in order to get better value for him when he is clearly sulking out there and teams could just draft a TE instead of trading for one who comes with baggage? Brilliant

Please show whereI said wait an entire year. Making crap up... Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.