Martellus Bennett traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
(Rotoworld)The Chicago Tribune reports the Bears had "pervasive doubts" about Martellus Bennett's commitment.

Analysis: Per reporter Dan Wiederer, Bennett offered "minimal effort to conform to the unselfish and focus-driven culture" the Bears are trying to instill under coach John Fox. Wiederer also confirms Bennett's late season ribs injury, which landed him on injured reserve for four games, was essentially a sham. In the end, the sides' divorce boiled down to the fact that Bennett wanted a better contract and the Bears were dead set against it. So is life for a player in a league where teams monopolize the negotiating power with non-guaranteed deals.

(Rotoworld) Martellus Bennett and Rob Gronkowski lead all tight ends in yards after contact since 2013.

Analysis: Gronk is No. 1, with Bennett close behind. Bennett showed signs of decline last season— he missed five games with injury while averaging an anemic 8.3 yards per catch— but could bounce back as a big part of the Patriots' offense. Bennett just turned 29, and is a proven playmaker who scored at least five touchdowns every year between 2012-14. Bennett could be a low-end TE1 even with Gronk being the focal point of the Patriots' offense.

So...there is good and bad with Bennett, but I think we can see why he is no longer a Bear.

Thanks for the post. But I think anyone with an IQ above that of an eggplant could see why MB isn't on the team. The Bears issues with him have been widely reported. He is 29 and this will be his 4th team; he wears out his welcome quickly. I can see why some might want to put up with his shenanigans because of his obvious talent. That argument has some validity. But it certainly doesn't trump an administration's desire to get everyone on the same page and get buy in from the team. Pretty simple.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I saw this last night, now lets see how the Marty lovers dance around this one. Can't wait.

This isn't a "marty lover" issue, you dunce. Personally, I think he's a jackass.

This is "Pace got fucked again in a trade" issue.

and/or

"Fox couldn't get buy-in from a play-maker" issue.

If you didn't get that from the 20x I said that, you're an idiot.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Your inability to comprehend Martellus Bennett's trade value is not Ryan Pace's fault.

"Martellus Bennett is now on his fourth team, so clearly this is a 'John Fox' problem."

Fucking brilliant.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This isn't a "marty lover" issue, you dunce. Personally, I think he's a jackass.

and/or

If you didn't get that from the 20x I said that, you're an idiot.

Well you're missing the biggest part of this......what you have to say means absolutely nothing and all you do on here is whine like a little baby about every little thing that the Bears do and you find the bad in it and blow it up like it's so much more than it really is you clown. Nobody cares about what you say and what your thoughts are.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Your inability to comprehend Martellus Bennett's trade value is not Ryan Pace's fault.

"Martellus Bennett is now on his fourth team, so clearly this is a 'John Fox' problem."

Fucking brilliant.

This ^... This thread is ridiculous

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Well you're missing the biggest part of this......what you have to say means absolutely nothing and all you do on here is whine like a little baby about every little thing that the Bears do and you find the bad in it and blow it up like it's so much more than it really is you clown. Nobody cares about what you say and what your thoughts are.

At least when I discuss things here, I discuss the team.

You whine and bitch like a little cunt about my posts... You pathetic ass wipe.

If you don't like them, and per you, don't care what I have to say, don't read them and constantly respond.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

His inability to get more value than a swap of a 6th and 4th for a pro-bowl TE is HIS fault.

But glad you're happy watching our new GM take it up the ass.

It's no fucking wonder half the morons on this site slurp Cutler. They love losing.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
At least when I discuss things here, I discuss the team.

You whine and bitch like a little cunt about my posts... You pathetic ass wipe.

If you don't like them, and per you, don't care what I have to say, don't read them and constantly respond.
Good point.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
At some point you just stop hitting the brick wall, because no matter how much "Sense" you make, you are still hitting a brick wall.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
His inability to get more value than a swap of a 6th and 4th for a pro-bowl TE is HIS fault.

It's no fucking wonder half the morons on this site slurp Cutler. They love losing.

If you are going to call Bennett a probowl TE, then you have to call Cutler a probowl QB. They have been to the same number of probowls.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

You should probably go take a look and recognize how trades and player values work. There are a ton of determine factors involved. Age, position, attitude, contract status, position of strength etc. Trading an aging TE who obviously didn't want to be here anymore for a fourth is great. Most major major football sites agree with me too.

The Bears were trying to trade Bennet since last year's draft. He isn't a team player hence why this is his fourth team.

What's hilarious though as you keep using Bill as an example for someone who does great trades after he just trading away one of the league's best pass rushers and rising stars and replaced him with an injured Chris long

TomWaddle

Liked Posts:

Are you under the assumption there were other teams making better offers?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
You should probably go take a look and recognize how trades and player values work. There are a ton of determine factors involved. Age, position, attitude, contract status, position of strength etc. Trading an aging TE who obviously didn't want to be here anymore for a fourth is great. Most major major football sites agree with me too.

The Bears were trying to trade Bennet since last year's draft. He isn't a team player hence why this is his fourth team.

What's hilarious though as you keep using Bill as an example for someone who does great trades after he just trading away one of the league's best pass rushers and rising stars and replaced him with an injured Chris long

He was one of the ones that wanted the Bears to trade Cutler for a late round pick last year. Talk about not getting value back...

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He was one of the ones that wanted the Bears to trade Cutler for a late round pick last year. Talk about not getting value back...

You mean our probowl QB who isn't a locker room problem? I'm sure mongo would have gotten a first for Cutler

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You mean our probowl QB who isn't a locker room problem? I'm sure mongo would have gotten a first for Cutler

He would've got 3 first round picks for Bennett

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Pro Bowl QB? Who, Cutler? Breh... that was like 19 years ago :lmao:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pro Bowl QB? Who, Cutler? Breh... that was like 19 years ago :lmao:

Still a pro bowl though. Which apparently means if we trade him we should get more than a 4th if you completely ignore value and all logical reason according to mongo

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Please list the other trade offers that were on the table for Martellus Bennett.

I'm not sure why this the particular image that keeps popping in your head when it comes to Ryan Pace. I guess Freud was right after all.

Happy Non-Sequitur Friday everyone! Mongo sends his best!

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Yeah, I'm not sure Pace could have gotten much better in a trade than he did, given the circumstances. I don't feel that he had leverage on his side, given that he had to offer a TE with diminishing skills, with well publicized locker room issues, along with the fact that he has only one year left on his contract (making him basically a one year rental), who has been pouting about his contract only 2 years after signing it. Some teams may have even thought that he would be released outright, thus making a deal that more difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.