Martellus Bennett traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
How would you like it if you came into a new job and after the first week your boss started yelling at you for all the things the employee before you did wrong and how this place is a shithole because of it?

That would be a compelling argument if the new guys hadn't coached or gm'd yet. They have, and we've seen a lot of the same old mistakes. From my point of view these guys, whether it was Trestman or Fox, have to show something and win some games before I start singing their praises. Here it seems like new coach = everything he does is right. Rinse and repeat.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I honestly can't remember the last time Mongo was actually right about something.

He said that no one would want to come to Chicago because of Cutler. Yet Cutler was mentioned by 3 of the signees as major reasons they signed. Hicks would rather play with Cutler than Brady. Freeman would rather play with Cutler than Luck.

He said that no one would sign Shea. Yet the smartest team out there ended up signing him with the 2nd smartest team almost signing him.

Still waiting for you to post where I said either of these....

Post it bitch

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you, for some reason, think losing a playmaker and getting jack shit in return is a "good thing", you're an idiot. And that is quite sad.

BB will just hold onto him for a time, then trade him away for a better pick then the Bears got for him. It's the BB way.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
ME:
Same with Omelet.

Oh, and you can't ask him who he likes in the upcoming draft either. He won't respond to that because if the Bears actually pick that player, he won't be able to bitch about it afterwards.

Mongo:
More bullshit.

Where did that occur?

Post it bitch.

Sure. How about I just ask again?

Who do you want the Bears to draft this year? List atleast 5 players you would take in the first round. And what positions would you like to fill overall in the draft?

This right here is all the proof. He won't respond.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
You get his services this year and receive a 5th rd comp next year. The 4th from the pats is essentially a early 5th rd pick anyway but you get the production from Bennett (in a contract yr) for one more season and keep the 6th rd pick.

I firmly believe we are trying to be a playoff team this season. However the Bears are worse today then they were two days ago.

Not a playoff-competitive team yesterday, tomorrow, or the day after. With or without MB.

Is this trolling or are you seriously this riled up over a TE with diminishing skills that wants out of Chicago and is apparently at odds with management, damn.....

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
That would be a compelling argument if the new guys hadn't coached or gm'd yet. They have, and we've seen a lot of the same old mistakes. From my point of view these guys, whether it was Trestman or Fox, have to show something and win some games before I start singing their praises. Here it seems like new coach = everything he does is right. Rinse and repeat.

That's kinda the M.O around here.

Bears can do no wrong.

But once they are no longer with the team, (retired, traded, leave in FA), they were cancers or horrible humans.

Same guys are pretending like losing a pro-bowl TE for peanuts is a good thing.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Not a playoff-competitive team yesterday, tomorrow, or the day after. With or without MB.

Is this trolling or are you seriously this riled up over a TE with diminishing skills that wants out of Chicago and is apparently at odds with management, damn.....

Why so negative? People don't like that around here.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
ME:
Same with Omelet.

Oh, and you can't ask him who he likes in the upcoming draft either. He won't respond to that because if the Bears actually pick that player, he won't be able to bitch about it afterwards.

Mongo:
More bullshit.

Where did that occur?

Post it bitch.

This right here is all the proof. He won't respond.

If Goff or Wentz are there at 11 and we pass, Pace shoudl be fired.

I'd also go with Ragland though he is much less of a need at this point. Ronnie Stanley might be a slight reach at 11, but I would short list him. And Hargreeves would be a CB I would be tageting.

I'd be happy with any of the above.

And, if we do draft one of them, and they suck, I will be the first to say so.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If Goff or Wentz are there at 11 and we pass, Pace shoudl be fired.

I'd also go with Ragland though he is much less of a need at this point. Ronnie Stanley might be a slight reach at 11, but I would short list him. And Hargreeves would be a CB I would be tageting.

I'd be happy with any of the above.

And, if we do draft one of them, and they suck, I will be the first to say so.

I forced your hand. Well done.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Lulz @ taking Ragland with the 11th pick in the draft.

Yeah even if we still were the most desperate team in the league at the position I don't think he would be much of an option. Now that we have legitimate LBs in the middle there is 0 chance.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Yeah even if we still were the most desperate team in the league at the position I don't think he would be much of an option. Now that we have legitimate LBs in the middle there is 0 chance.

As far as options, it should have been filed under the Picks Pace should be fired for.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears have 72mil in cap space next year (and that's with a conservative cap estimate). Even accounting for contracts to Jeffery and Long, they are going to have to sign far more FAs than they lose, therefore they would not receive any compensation for losing Bennett.

Thanks for playing.

Is that before or after any remaining cap rollover?

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that before or after any remaining cap rollover?

the Bears cap hit is 93 million next season.....it depends on what the cap is next year. Estimates I have seen put the Bears at right around 71 to 72 million

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the Bears cap hit is 93 million next season.....it depends on what the cap is next year. Estimates I have seen put the Bears at right around 71 to 72 million

So if we roll over say $15 mil or so we'll be sitting at $86-$87 mil? Damn… hope Miller and Wilkerson both hit FA. Haha

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if we roll over say $15 mil or so we'll be sitting at $86-$87 mil? Damn… hope Miller and Wilkerson both hit FA. Haha

The Broncos actually have more space than we do, so I don't see Miller going anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.