Martellus Bennett traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
You get his services this year and receive a 5th rd comp next year. The 4th from the pats is essentially a early 5th rd pick anyway but you get the production from Bennett (in a contract yr) for one more season and keep the 6th rd pick.

I firmly believe we are trying to be a playoff team this season. However the Bears are worse today then they were two days ago.

You clearly have no idea how compensatory picks are awarded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_draft#Compensatory_picks

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
You get his services this year and receive a 5th rd comp next year. The 4th from the pats is essentially a early 5th rd pick anyway but you get the production from Bennett (in a contract yr) for one more season and keep the 6th rd pick.

I firmly believe we are trying to be a playoff team this season. However the Bears are worse today then they were two days ago.

You won't get a comp pick next year assuming that the Bears sign more guys in FA than they give up. Given our cap space, we will be signing more players and thus no comp pick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I find the bad when there is bad.

Have you not watched this team for the last couple of years?

6-10...

No, you take every little thing said about the Bears and find the bad in it and blow it up on here and i mean EVERYTHING. It would be easier to ask you what you do like about the Bears and what they're doing cause then you wouldn't have anything to say. It's really quite sad.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Inside sources. How does anyone ever find out about anything before it is announced by the team. You think a GM is the one calling Adam Schefter?

Well us on here are lucky enough to find out all our inside info from GatorMike/FloridaMike.............well we used to anyway. BANNED

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would hope not but it was widely believed not known.

Pace and Fox publicly stated that Bennett was under contract for 1 more year when asked about his status. Again I believe he would have played this year with the Bears and we did not receive fair value but WTF do I know.

It's amazing how much time you're putting into this one thread about Bennett being traded and yet you're being over ruled on this by like 100 to 1 but you're still going. No job hah???

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
This is from an article in the Trib that sums it up for me.

...it’s impossible to look at Wednesday’s trade and argue that the Bears’ offense got better because of it. In the past 13 months, the Bears have now parted with Bennett, Matt Forte and Brandon Marshall, three proven playmakers who all lent big-play firepower. That still needs to be replaced.

Fox and Pace can stand tall and say with conviction that each of those moves was thoroughly considered with a bigger picture in mind. Fourteen months into his job as GM, Pace deserves credit for being decisive. When it's become clear to him and Fox that a player doesn’t fit with the program or doesn’t embrace the vision being sold, action has been taken. Time is rarely wasted.

These are cultural seeds being planted and standards being established with little room for confusion. Get with the program or someone else will...

For the entire article go here: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...s-bennett--bears-divorce-20160317-column.html

Can anyone on here say with any conviction that Marshall and Bennett were not "me first" players? I didn't think so. Forte's release was purely age related. If he were even 1 year younger I believe he would still be a Bear.

Last edited:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No, you take every little thing said about the Bears and find the bad in it and blow it up on here and i mean EVERYTHING. It would be easier to ask you what you do like about the Bears and what they're doing cause then you wouldn't have anything to say. It's really quite sad.

Same with Omelet.

Oh, and you can't ask him who he likes in the upcoming draft either. He won't respond to that because if the Bears actually pick that player, he won't be able to bitch about it afterwards.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Same with Omelet.

Oh, and you can't ask him who he likes in the upcoming draft either. He won't respond to that because if the Bears actually pick that player, he won't be able to bitch about it afterwards.

Or maybe he just doesn't know much about football or the Bears.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:

What's there to like about the Bears in the past few years? They've done nothing but make bad decisions and lose games in embarrassing fashion. You can grab the pom poms and talk about how Trestman, and Emery, or Pace and Fox are geniuses, and rationalize all their decisions, but at the end of the day they've still sucked.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
You won't get a comp pick next year assuming that the Bears sign more guys in FA than they give up. Given our cap space, we will be signing more players and thus no comp pick.

It's unassured the amount of money available for next year. After Jefferey and Long pending contacts we will have 10 FAs next year.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

The Bears have 72mil in cap space next year (and that's with a conservative cap estimate). Even accounting for contracts to Jeffery and Long, they are going to have to sign far more FAs than they lose, therefore they would not receive any compensation for losing Bennett.

Thanks for playing.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It's amazing how much time you're putting into this one thread about Bennett being traded and yet you're being over ruled on this by like 100 to 1 but you're still going. No job hah???

Haha this isn't a competition and yes I am employed.

It's just my option, which I said means nothing, but people on here seem to think it does by all the responses to try and correct my thinking.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The Bears have 72mil in cap space next year (and that's with a conservative cap estimate). Even accounting for contracts to Jeffery and Long, they are going to have to sign far more FAs than they lose, therefore they would not receive any compensation for losing Bennett.

Thanks for playing.

This is a game?

72mil holy shit!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What's there to like about the Bears in the past few years? They've done nothing but make bad decisions and lose games in embarrassing fashion. You can grab the pom poms and talk about how Trestman, and Emery, or Pace and Fox are geniuses, and rationalize all their decisions, but at the end of the day they've still sucked.

Well if you can't seem to see the changes going on with this new group of coaches and GM then that's your problem but i see this team getting better under this new regime. Nobody was talking to you anyway.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

How would you like it if you came into a new job and after the first week your boss started yelling at you for all the things the employee before you did wrong and how this place is a shithole because of it?

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Well if you can't seem to see the changes going on with this new group of coaches and GM then that's your problem but i see this team getting better under this new regime. Nobody was talking to you anyway.

Great, back to your cheerleading then champ. 6-10.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Same with Omelet.

More bullshit.

Where did that occur?

Post it bitch.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

If you, for some reason, think losing a playmaker and getting jack shit in return is a "good thing", you're an idiot. And that is quite sad.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
More bullshit.

Where did that occur?

Post it bitch.

Sure. How about I just ask again?

Who do you want the Bears to draft this year? List atleast 5 players you would take in the first round. And what positions would you like to fill overall in the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.