Martellus Bennett traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Why so negative? People don't like that around here.

I know a competitive team when i see one: Hawks. Cubs. Not Bears.

That's not negative, it's honest and healthy to admit.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Yeah, unfortunately this Bears team has that Cubs circa 2012 feel to me, so they'll need 2-3 years of rebuilding plus find a young QB of the future to be able to contend for anything down the road.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Broncos actually have more space than we do, so I don't see Miller going anywhere

Why you gotta rain on my parade?

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Yeah, unfortunately this Bears team has that Cubs circa 2012 feel to me, so they'll need 2-3 years of rebuilding plus find a young QB of the future to be able to contend for anything down the road.

That's an absurd comparison. The only talent on the 2012 Cubs was Castro and Rizzo. The Bears have Long, Jeffery, Goldman, Trevathan, and whatever Fuller, White, Amos and Langford turn into. On top of a very good coaching staff. Far more building blocks.

mecha

Liked Posts:
holy jesus mother of fuck, I didn't even know the Bears signed Trevathan. that's really good right?

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's kinda the M.O around here.

Bears can do no wrong.

But once they are no longer with the team, (retired, traded, leave in FA), they were cancers or horrible humans.

Same guys are pretending like losing a pro-bowl TE for peanuts is a good thing.

Id say the MO around here is seeing both sides of the coin. I see the good and the bad, i wish Marty was still a Bear too but he isnt. There are multiple possible reasons why he was traded and we dont know any of them as fact. Give me the facts and ill make a decision on whether its worth bitching about.
Your MO is more of a teenage girl who bitches about everything. You cant be a "realist" if you can only see one side.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
holy jesus mother of fuck, I didn't even know the Bears signed Trevathan. that's really good right?

Have you been in a coma the last week? Glad you woke up, man!

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
images

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow

Sent from my Nexus 5X

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Great, back to your cheerleading then champ. 6-10.

Just being a true fan of my team, but back to your negative life for you chump....ehem champ.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If you, for some reason, think losing a playmaker and getting jack shit in return is a "good thing", you're an idiot. And that is quite sad.

A playmaker?? yes, when he feels like playing hard which isn't all the time, but a clubhouse cancer which can spread to the younger players which is something any good coach doesn't want around their team. So please tell me what R.Pace is doing with the 4th round pick he got for him which you somehow seem to know and how he's gonna spend the $5 million he saved on that playmaker. So i'm not sure in what world (but yours and that other clown) $5 million to spend in free agency and a 4th round pick is jack shit but please stay in that world and i'll stay in the real world.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That would be a compelling argument if the new guys hadn't coached or gm'd yet. They have, and we've seen a lot of the same old mistakes. From my point of view these guys, whether it was Trestman or Fox, have to show something and win some games before I start singing their praises. Here it seems like new coach = everything he does is right. Rinse and repeat.

Yeah cause J.Fox hasn't proven shit in this league yet with taking two different teams to the super bowl. Yes i know i know, he didn't win the super bowls but taking two different teams there is a huge accomplishment and something a lot of good coaches will never do. Hahahahaha come on now.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That's kinda the M.O around here.

Bears can do no wrong.

But once they are no longer with the team, (retired, traded, leave in FA), they were cancers or horrible humans.

Same guys are pretending like losing a pro-bowl TE for peanuts is a good thing.

Lets see if you can answer this one very simple question......did BMarsh and M.Bennett have problems with the Bears in the locker room and on the sidelines with the coaches and their teammates?? I'll wait.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Goff or Wentz are there at 11 and we pass, Pace shoudl be fired.

I'd also go with Ragland though he is much less of a need at this point. Ronnie Stanley might be a slight reach at 11, but I would short list him. And Hargreeves would be a CB I would be tageting.

I'd be happy with any of the above.

And, if we do draft one of them, and they suck, I will be the first to say so.

Hahahaha So you would be happy with any of the players that are projected to go before we pick and R.Ragland even though he's much less of a need?? LOL wow you really put yourself out there on that one. I'd bet you'd also be happy with M.Jack or D.Buckner or J.Ramsey with our 2nd round pick as well??

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
(Rotoworld)The Chicago Tribune reports the Bears had "pervasive doubts" about Martellus Bennett's commitment.

Analysis: Per reporter Dan Wiederer, Bennett offered "minimal effort to conform to the unselfish and focus-driven culture" the Bears are trying to instill under coach John Fox. Wiederer also confirms Bennett's late season ribs injury, which landed him on injured reserve for four games, was essentially a sham. In the end, the sides' divorce boiled down to the fact that Bennett wanted a better contract and the Bears were dead set against it. So is life for a player in a league where teams monopolize the negotiating power with non-guaranteed deals.

(Rotoworld) Martellus Bennett and Rob Gronkowski lead all tight ends in yards after contact since 2013.

Analysis: Gronk is No. 1, with Bennett close behind. Bennett showed signs of decline last season— he missed five games with injury while averaging an anemic 8.3 yards per catch— but could bounce back as a big part of the Patriots' offense. Bennett just turned 29, and is a proven playmaker who scored at least five touchdowns every year between 2012-14. Bennett could be a low-end TE1 even with Gronk being the focal point of the Patriots' offense.

So...there is good and bad with Bennett, but I think we can see why he is no longer a Bear.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I know a competitive team when i see one: Hawks. Cubs. Not Bears.

That's not negative, it's honest and healthy to admit.

Well we are in the middle of a rebuild so i don't think teams can be considered competitive until the rebuild is at least close to being finished which i think we're getting closer to.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
(Rotoworld)The Chicago Tribune reports the Bears had "pervasive doubts" about Martellus Bennett's commitment.

Analysis: Per reporter Dan Wiederer, Bennett offered "minimal effort to conform to the unselfish and focus-driven culture" the Bears are trying to instill under coach John Fox. Wiederer also confirms Bennett's late season ribs injury, which landed him on injured reserve for four games, was essentially a sham. In the end, the sides' divorce boiled down to the fact that Bennett wanted a better contract and the Bears were dead set against it. So is life for a player in a league where teams monopolize the negotiating power with non-guaranteed deals.

(Rotoworld) Martellus Bennett and Rob Gronkowski lead all tight ends in yards after contact since 2013.

Analysis: Gronk is No. 1, with Bennett close behind. Bennett showed signs of decline last season— he missed five games with injury while averaging an anemic 8.3 yards per catch— but could bounce back as a big part of the Patriots' offense. Bennett just turned 29, and is a proven playmaker who scored at least five touchdowns every year between 2012-14. Bennett could be a low-end TE1 even with Gronk being the focal point of the Patriots' offense.

So...there is good and bad with Bennett, but I think we can see why he is no longer a Bear.

I saw this last night, now lets see how the Marty lovers dance around this one. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.