Martellus Bennett traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Yeah cause J.Fox hasn't proven shit in this league yet with taking two different teams to the super bowl. Yes i know i know, he didn't win the super bowls but taking two different teams there is a huge accomplishment and something a lot of good coaches will never do. Hahahahaha come on now.

Lovie took the Bears to the superbowl BFD, where is he now? No one wants to be taken to the superbowl, they want to win it. Which is why Elway got rid of Fox, and actually WON it. And none of that has anything to do with how he's performed on the Bears anyway, where he has us just on the outside of another top 10 pick.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lovie took the Bears to the superbowl BFD, where is he now? No one wants to be taken to the superbowl, they want to win it. Which is why Elway got rid of Fox, and actually WON it. And none of that has anything to do with how he's performed on the Bears anyway, where he has us just on the outside of another top 10 pick.

What record were you expecting last year?

Fox certainly isn't above criticism, but fans need to have realistic expectations as to what a team can accomplish after nearly a decade of bad drafting.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

You forgot to add that fox kept this team in every game but two with minimal and injured talent

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
What record were you expecting last year?

Fox certainly isn't above criticism, but fans need to have realistic expectations as to what a team can accomplish after nearly a decade of bad drafting.

My point isn't that I expected him to come in and win right away, my point is that he hasn't done anything that any of the other jokers we've had haven't done, so I see no reason to act like every decision he and Pace make are the right one, until he actually wins. People were high-fiving all of Trestman and Emery's stupid decisions too for no real reason in particular other than that they were new. It's like there's a two year homer grace period given before any critical thinking is utilized, and it just makes no sense given that the Bears have been mediocre forever. They should have to prove to us that things have changed, not have fans justify their every call.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Are you saying Gary Kubiak is a better coach than John Fox?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My point isn't that I expected him to come in and win right away, my point is that he hasn't done anything that any of the other jokers we've had haven't done, so I see no reason to act like every decision he and Pace make are the right one, until he actually wins. People were high-fiving all of Trestman and Emery's stupid decisions too for no real reason in particular other than that they were new. It's like there's a two year homer grace period given before any critical thinking is utilized, and it just makes no sense given that the Bears have been mediocre forever. They should have to prove to us that things have changed, not have fans justify their every call.

Wait, so he hasn't brought in top tier coordinators? Tell me, who was it that Trestman or Lovie brought in that could hold a candle to Fangio or Gase? Rivera, maybe? The prior two regimes were as dedicated to a youth movement as this current one? We all know that's not true. Perhaps they jettisoned players that they thought didn't fit within the locker room dynamic they want to foster? Hmmm...nope.

I could go on, but there is no point since you, like several others, just find every possibly reason to whine while completely disregarding anything that may be construed as positive.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Are you under the assumption there were other teams making better offers?

I'm under the assumption that a TE coming off a 90 catch, 900 yard, 6TD season is worth mor than moving up a few pics in the draft.

Like I said, even Olsen got us a 3rd.

And take a look at what was paid for Graham after a season where his stats were actually worse than Bennett.

But what is more important to me is the fact that there is a pattern happening here:

Don't like the Fox, or the coaches, Or Cutler, or the play calling, or the reps, or the pay or the # of targets? No problem, We'll trade you for peanuts.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
But Mongo, what would you give for a TE coming off a 53 catch, 439 yard, 3 TD season? Since that is what we're really talking about.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Tell me, who was it that Trestman or Lovie brought in that could hold a candle to Fangio or Gase? Rivera, maybe?

Marinellii, Toub...

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
It's a failure of the coaches if talented players want to leave the team. Kudos to the GM for making lemons out of lemonade, but overall it's a failure of the organization to not retain top talent.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
But Mongo, what would you give for a TE coming off a 53 catch, 439 yard, 3 TD season? Since that is what we're really talking about.

Didn't you write "The bears were looking to trade him since last years draft?"

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a failure of the coaches if talented players want to leave the team. Kudos to the GM for making lemons out of lemonade, but overall it's a failure of the organization to not retain top talent.

Lemons out of lemonade?

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Wait, so he hasn't brought in top tier coordinators? Tell me, who was it that Trestman or Lovie brought in that could hold a candle to Fangio or Gase? Rivera, maybe? The prior two regimes were as dedicated to a youth movement as this current one? We all know that's not true. Perhaps they jettisoned players that they thought didn't fit within the locker room dynamic they want to foster? Hmmm...nope.

I could go on, but there is no point since you, like several others, just find every possibly reason to whine while completely disregarding anything that may be construed as positive.

They could bring in Dick Lebeau, and Bill Belichick and if all they do is go 6-10 again next year I couldn't care less. It's not about a name, its about results. Gase is a decent example, he's lauded around here for what exactly, the 21st ranked offense? Not allowing Cutler to throw 30 picks? It certainly wasn't because the offense was a strong point of the 2015 Chicago Bears. Youth movement? As defined by what, cutting all your productive vets (Bennett excluded)? Time will tell there I guess. Locker room dynamic? Heard it all before with the other guys, like I said until he puts together some winning seasons he's no different from Trestman in that regard.

As to your last point, thats a shame because that's not how I see myself, and I don't consider you one of the unreasonable homers either, but to each his own.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Lemons out of lemonade?

in one year, the offense has lost a 1300 yard receiver, a 800-900 yard TE, and a 1500 YFS RB who happens to be the best pass catching RB in the NFL.

In lieu, we got a 5th round pick, a 4th round pick, and hot air.

Why are you guys OK with this?

No really. Especially theCutler nuthuggers. The team has lost 3000 yards of receiving and somehow this is cool with you?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
in one year, the offense has lost a 1300 yard receiver, a 800-900 yard TE, and a 1500 YFS RB who happens to be the best pass catching RB in the NFL.

In lieu, we got a 5th round pick, a 4th round pick, and hot air.

Why are you guys OK with this?

No really. Especially theCutler nuthuggers. The team has lost 3000 yards of receiving and somehow this is cool with you?

Is that you, Rick Morrissey?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kill this fucking thread. Marty is gone. Good riddance.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

According to whom?

Status
Not open for further replies.