Martellus Bennett traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchapalooza

Not gonna lie, I liked Marty as a player. His persona wore our very quickly and got annoying. He seems like he doesn't give a fuck about the team and this past year he under performed. 2014 he had an incredible year.

I don't mind the trade.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
I liked Marty but he knew he was on the way out. He went from a losing organization to a winning organization. It's a good move for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have been very impressed with Pace's ability to take players that are not in the plans and turn them into picks or into higher picks.

I know people may snicker at day 3 picks, but every year those picks turn into very good players, and having more of them just makes it easier to come away with a good player.

Bennett forced his way out, and to get 77 spots in the draft out of it is a win.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was never going to be a Bears in 2017.

More than likely that 4th round pick will be a Bears 16, 17, 18, 19.

Just need to keep adding young players that can be developed in this system and grow up in the culture and locker room the Bears are creating.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was shit last year.....you know it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He wasn't great, but in a offense that was mediocre at best, why would he be great?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forte was old,Marshall was a head case and Marty couldn't catch

Come at me bro..

Trump 2016!!!!

Yes of course they all were issues....except the average guy running the ship.

Regardless he didn't want to be here, better to get something out of it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He was shit last year.....you know it

HE played in 11 games and got on everyone's nerves especially J.Fox's which is why they ended up going with Z.Miller so much more towards the end of the year when Bennett was healthy enough to play full time. When he's healthy and his head is right he's a top TE in the league easily.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
They are saying that we are getting the Patriots fourth and separately from that, we are swapping 6 round picks. So we still have three 6th rounders.

Liked Posts:
So they trade Bennett AND have to give up a pick just to get a pick?

Yeah I'm not sure I like this. I kind of understood with Marshall, but still was iffy about it. Bennett has money even after he's been paid. He has been a top TE in the league. I don't like getting rid of a good player like Bennett who may have had an odd sense of humor but always brought his A game, especially when it involves paying to do so.

I hope Pace gets more players in the draft that I like. Last year I really liked the Goldman, Grasu, Amos, & Langford picks, hopefully he can get another solid clip of players in this draft too. But yes, I do have trouble liking this trade myself.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
When he's healthy and his head is right he's a top TE in the league easily.

And when Jay is not throwing int's or making bone headed plays he's an elite QB.....easily!

Really could make that argument for half the league,man

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm now wondering which 6th rounder we gave up because our 6th will be close to the top of the round and the Patriots 4th will be close to the bottom.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm now wondering which 6th rounder we gave up because our 6th id close to the top of the round and the Patriots 4th will be close to the bottom.

According to Biggs it's the one we got from Bostic.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone seems to forget Bennett was hurt last year. Prior to that he was vg and it will not be easy to replace his production.

That said, if he had to go a fourth was more than I was expecting. So this could be worse, considering we got less than that for Marshall.

Sent from deez nutz.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I have been very impressed with Pace's ability to take players that are not in the plans and turn them into picks or into higher picks.

I know people may snicker at day 3 picks, but every year those picks turn into very good players, and having more of them just makes it easier to come away with a good player.

Bennett forced his way out, and to get 77 spots in the draft out of it is a win.

What's the 77?? Is that how many picks will be between the 4th we got and the 6th we gave up and if so then how do you know which 6th we gave them???

Status
Not open for further replies.