Martellus Bennett traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
In the last 2 years we traded Marshell and Bennett for a 4th and 5th pick.

After years of complaining about no WRs in Chicago we trade our best in franchise history.

After Olsen trade we complained we have no TE then trade one when we find a replacement.

I don't get it.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I understand that but the trade value had nothing to do with him.

The trade essentially was Bostic and Bennet for a 4th rd pick.

Bostic was already gone. You can't make trades or not make trades today because of what happened yesterday.

Like fans who say to not draft a certain position because we failed at drafting that same position previously.

Bositic was gone. He has NO bearing on this trade. (And what was his worth anyway?!?)

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:

After years of complaining about no WRs in Chicago we trade our best in franchise history.

After Olsen trade we complained we have no TE then trade one when we find a replacement.

I don't get it.

we probably draft a TE in the 3rd or 4th rd. i am totally on board with that. We just got younger and got another mid rd pick.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I don't get it.

If they wanted Bennett gone, so be it. But I agree that we now are without our best TE, with not a whole hell of a lot to show for it.

In the grand scheme of things, I approve of what Pace is doing. And I trust him. And I also won't miss players who are pains in the ass.

But I don't quite get why it was so critical to get our best TE out of town, and I also wish players would bring higher picks in return.

OK, Ryan. Make it count.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I don't get it.

Because you think this is Madden and not real life.

In real life if guys are cancers or not buying in they do as much damage as good.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Bostic was already gone. You can't make trades or not make trades today because of what happened yesterday.

Like fans who say to not draft a certain position because we failed at drafting that same position previously.

Bositic was gone. He has NO bearing on this trade. (And what was his worth anyway?!?)

He may have no bearing but he was indirectly involved.

"Already gone". He only played 2 seasons before the trade.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense to those of us who see you are using terribly faulty logic when you keep including Bostic, as though that factors into today's trade.

We had a 2nd round pick who couldn't play in the NFL. Saying we traded him and Bennett together clearly implies we should have held onto one of them so as not to "overpay". So if we had Bostic back, what good would it do? Would you feel we made a better deal today if NE shipped him to us?

Then you could argue we "got a better deal", but it would not result in any more value on the field.

Bostic matters not in today;s trade.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He may have no bearing but he was indirectly involved.

"Already gone". He only played 2 seasons before the trade.

So.....if we draft a prospect, and we find out it was a mistake, and the guy can't play.....we should KEEP him, and PAY him, so as not to "lose" a deal?

Senseless.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It makes perfect sense to those of us who see you are using terribly faulty logic when you keep including Bostic, as though that factors into today's trade.

We had a 2nd round pick who couldn't play in the NFL. Saying we traded him and Bennett together clearly implies we should have held onto one of them so as not to "overpay". So if we had Bostic back, what good would it do? Would you feel we made a better deal today if NE shipped him to us?

Then you could argue we "got a better deal", but it would not result in any more value on the field.

Bostic matters not in today;s trade.

It's simple we received value, be it minimal, for Bostic then lost it to give away a valued TE.

I hate the 4th rd pick but it's worse when you throw in the additional pick

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Marty was an under achieving problem child for the Boyz. Trestman needed a TE to make his WCO work so we got him. Here he was a guy who would make big plays as often as he would drop an easy pass that could have been a big play. He was kind of self centered not really a team guy. If Miller stays healthy he has the speed and hands to make his forget what we have lost in Marty. Marty like Brendon Marshall are both two talented guys who can also be social misfits. There was always kind of a big price team cohesion wise for their considerable talents.

Hopefully Pace can turn this pick into a productive player like Langford who was drafted in the fourth round. That is entirely possible. As others have mentioned he now can use one of his two fourth round picks to move up in another round to nab a player they really like. Pace keeps hitting singles and doubles this off season which is cool. But part of me wishes he would take a big swing for a home run like Wilkerson but that is unlikely to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.