Martellus Bennett traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
HE played in 11 games and got on everyone's nerves especially J.Fox's which is why they ended up going with Z.Miller so much more towards the end of the year when Bennett was healthy enough to play full time. When he's healthy and his head is right he's a top TE in the league easily.
He moved us up 77 spots in the third day of the draft. Does that sound like the value of a top TE?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Bennett is a one year rental for the Pats.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not if he plays well. They can get back to the 2 tight end shit they use to do.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
He moved us up 77 spots in the third day of the draft. Does that sound like the value of a top TE?

I like Bennett a lot as a player but the 5 million in space has to be mentioned in the deal. Depends what we use that money on. Could use to pay Jeffery without affecting what we had cap wise before the trade.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
What's the 77?? Is that how many picks will be between the 4th we got and the 6th we gave up and if so then how do you know which 6th we gave them???

"@BradBiggs: #Bears trading #Patriots Marty Bennett & 6th rd pick (204th overall) for 4th rd pick (127th overall). 204 came to CHI from NE for Jon Bostic"

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
When Jones is traded for a shitty bust of an OG and a 2nd round pick, B.B. is a genius since he knew that Jones would get paid like crazy and the Pats got something in return before he left.

When Marty's traded for a 4th rounder, because Marty was also on his last year of a contract he wasn't happy with, he would get paid at the end, didn't fit with the new team culture, was a headcase and injured half of last season, and Pace wanted something in return before the player left anyway... but Pace is still an idiot.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Good riddancw
Value bettwr than nothing but depends on which 6th we gave up

4th pick in r 6 vs 3rd to last pick in r4 = moving up a round and a half at best

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I liked Marty. He made some great plays. He also dropped some balls, and was slow to get back to the huddle. He was a weird dude and I loved that about him. Fun to listen to. Obviously he wasn't happy here, and we were probably going to cut him. Shame. But I think Pace did good work here. 127 is worth 47 points. That could move you up from 2nd to 1st to snag somebody.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
When Jones is traded for a shitty bust of an OG and a 2nd round pick, B.B. is a genius since he knew that Jones would get paid like crazy and the Pats got something in return before he left.

When Marty's traded for a 4th rounder, because Marty was also on his last year of a contract he wasn't happy with, he would get paid at the end, didn't fit with the new team culture, was a headcase and injured half of last season, and Pace wanted something in return before the player left anyway... but Pace is still an idiot.

who said this?

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
"@BradBiggs: #Bears trading #Patriots Marty Bennett & 6th rd pick (204th overall) for 4th rd pick (127th overall). 204 came to CHI from NE for Jon Bostic"

So it is Marty and Bostic for a 4th at the end of the day.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Sweet! We traded Martellus to the Pats.

Hope we talked them into giving up Chandler Jones.

Oh....

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
who said this?

Oh no one in particular on this site. Sorry I should have clarified. If you go to NFL.com or ESPN and look at the comment section, you'll see a lot of this.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh no one in particular on this site. Sorry I should have clarified. If you go to NFL.com or ESPN and look at the comment section, you'll see a lot of this.

That's why you don't read nfl.com or espn.com comment sections.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Exactly. So we wasted a 2nd rd pick on Bostic and a huge TE that won't be easy to replace for a late pick in the 4th rd.
The damage was long past done with Bostic and a rapidly declining TE with a gay nickname is easy to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.