Marvin Harrison, Jr. is the generational talent in this draft!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Both teams you mentioned also had more complete teams than the Bears. They were far better.
The cult of Caleb Doesn’t do context — unless it is in CeeDubz’s defense. They understand context and potential and all that when it is CW.

In Joe Burrow's rookie year the Bengals weren't better than the Bears will be this next as far as talent.

I’m trying to follow the Joe Burrow comp. Is anyone, no way you, trying to say that Caleb Williams is as good of a prospect as Joe Burrows? Are people ignoring who else they drafted in the first round? The consequences of taking Chase over Sewell are why some draft pundits are arguing that WR is more valuable than OT!

MHJ is considered a better prospect than Chase!
CW is NOT considered to be a better prospect than Joe Burrow. Awe hell no!

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The cult of Caleb Doesn’t do context — unless it is in CeeDubz’s defense. They understand context and potential and all that when it is CW.

I’m trying to follow the Joe Burrow comp. Is anyone, no way you, trying to say that Caleb Williams is as good of a prospect as Joe Burrows? Are people ignoring who else they drafted in the first round? The consequences of taking Chase over Sewell are why some draft pundits are arguing that WR is more valuable than OT!

Revisionist history. Trevor Lawrence was indeed looked at as a better prospect than Joe Burrow and some GMs have CW above both of them.

Burrows arm strength, hand size and length of college production were scrutinized

dennehy

Liked Posts:

How do you even know what Burrow was like as a prospect? You never commented on him when he was one. I talked about him on here before he was considered even a first rounder on any draft site, and I've said many times he's my favorite QB prospect in years.

Other than that, I'm not sure what the rest of this rambling has to do with my post.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Revisionist history. Trevor Lawrence was indeed looked at as a better prospect than Joe Burrow and some GMs have CW above both of them.

Burrows arm strength, hand size and length of college production were scrutinized
Oh, are we doing this?
Dane Brugler had Drake Maye above CW! He may still have if he hadn’t caught such flack. Some dudes have CW as the second or third rated QB in this draft, which I think is BS as I see CW as clearly the best QB prospect in THIS draft.

Now, most would say Burrows, Lawrence, Stroud, and then Cdubs.

I’m sure you can always find somebody on the fringe who has certain QBs over ranked, like a bunch of guys had Kizer as the top QB in his class!

Now, assuming you know who Brugler is, you can stop now.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
How do you even know what Burrow was like as a prospect? You never commented on him when he was one. I talked about him on here before he was considered even a first rounder on any draft site, and I've said many times he's my favorite QB prospect in years.

Other than that, I'm not sure what the rest of this rambling has to do with my post.
I never talked about him because we never had a chance to grab him. I liked him a whole lot. Who didn’t?

Hey, if the shoe fits, wear it, but I’m directing this comment towards the cult of CW who think he is Jordan and Mahomes, even better than Joe Burrow. Come on now!

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh, we are doing this?
Dane Brugler had Drake Maye above CW! He may still have if he hadn’t caught such flack. Some dudes have CW as the second or third rated QB in this draft.

Now, most would say Burrows, Lawrence, Stroud, and then Cdubs.

I’m sure you can always find somebody on the fringe who has certain QBs over ranked, like a bunch of guys had Kizer as the top QB in his class!

Now, assuming you know who Brugler is, you can stop now.

So people can't change their stance before the combines even roll around? And yes I know who Brugler is.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I never talked about him because we never had a chance to grab him. I liked him a whole lot. Who didn’t?

Hey, if the shoe fits, wear it, but I’m directing this comment towards the cult of CW who think he is Jordan and Mahomes, even better than Joe Burrow. Come on now!

Don't need to be Jordan or Mahomes to be an upgrade over the current situation.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Don't need to be Jordan or Mahomes to be an upgrade over the current situation.
I absolutely agree.

Can you imagine Jordan playing QB? Seeing him play baseball is still the stuff of nightmares.

I’m just fucking with you, now.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Both teams you mentioned also had more complete teams than the Bears. They were far better.
Really

the bungles had like 20 total wins the previous 4 years pre burrow

And

Bucs had 1 winning season previous 9 years with 0 playoff appearances pre brady

Any other fake info you want to provide?

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
You basically can't have starting quality vet QB with that roster. If they did, they'd lose 2 or 3 premier players to pay the guy.
That's exactly why re-setting the QB clock is not a myth as some might believe.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Whatever floats your boat.

I wouldn't call other people cultish, though, if I had your history of straight up caping, day after day, for terrible and mediocre prospects.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
You're right....the reason Brady went to the Bucs was because he knew they were a great organization and only needed a QB to take them over the top. His insight made TB a 2nd Time SB Winner. BTW...can anyone explain to me why KC didn't even score a TD in that SB? I mean they had Mahomes. It couldn't have been TB's D, they were awful, because they were a bad organization. Now this season, someone posted,. . how bad their OTs are. Who the F*^* would believe this. It amazes me how people who say they watch the games come up with totally wrong observations. Please no dumb ass stats to make oneself sound superior. Try the eye test. It only fails, when your brain fails. ....lol......

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's exactly why re-setting the QB clock is not a myth as some might believe.
Its completely situation dependant...

Its not a binary yes or no on resetting the clock...that's what people were pointing out.

Originally talking heads were saying that drafting a new QB automatically resets the clock and the GM gets an extra year or two on his job security...

Its a myth to say that is automatic.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Whatever floats your boat.

I wouldn't call other people cultish, though, if I had your history of straight up caping, day after day, for terrible and mediocre prospects.
I’ve been pretty spot on with prospects I “cape” for. I can’t think of too many mediocre ones I’ve been wrong about, apart from KJ Hammler.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I’ve been pretty spot on with prospects I “cape” for. I can’t think of too many mediocre ones I’ve been wrong about, apart from KJ Hammler.
Which ones have you been right on? Robinson, but was easy. Past that?

I remember Leo Chenal, and he is barely a starter. Skyy Moore? Elijah Moore?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Which ones have you been right on? Robinson, but was easy. Past that?

I remember Leo Chenal, and he is barely a starter
I was high him. True that.
. Skyy Moore?
Yup. Got me.
Elijah Moore?
I still can’t figure out why he isn’t as successful as he should be. Maybe we can get him later on.

Okay. We all have misses. Nice going over the memories. I’ve been pretty consistent with picking good players, despite some misses over the years. Also, having said that, I’ve been very consistent on where players go and their draft value.