Marvin Harrison, Jr. is the generational talent in this draft!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I was high him. True that.

Yup. Got me.

I still can’t figure out why he isn’t as successful as he should be. Maybe we can get him later on.

Okay. We all have misses. Nice going over the memories. I’ve been pretty consistent with picking good players, despite some misses over the years. Also, having said that, I’ve been very consistent on where players go and their draft value.
You haven't been consistent, though, obviously. I'm sure I can find plenty more.

And yes we all have misses. But not all of us relentlessly every day for months talk about the same players over and over, and call people names who like players that we don't.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
You haven't been consistent, though, obviously. I'm sure I can find plenty more.

And yes we all have misses. But not all of us relentlessly every day for months talk about the same players over and over, and call people names who like players that we don't.
The way that I look at it is if a GM drafts a player around where I valued him, I was right due to him being valued there as a pro. The three players you mentioned were all drafted around where I said they would go. The jury is still out on two of them.

As far as me putting the cult of Caleb Williams on blast, it is mostly because the hype is out of control. So, on top of the value of a trade down and MHJ being better than him, they are pushing him as a done deal Mahomes. Pleeeze. They get what they get.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The way that I look at it is if a GM drafts a player around where I valued him, I was right due to him being valued there as a pro. The three players you mentioned were all drafted around where I said they would go. The jury is still out on two of them.

As far as me putting the cult of Caleb Williams on blast, it is mostly because the hype is out of control. So, on top of the value of a trade down and MHJ being better than him, they are pushing him as a done deal Mahomes. Pleeeze. They get what they get.
Which posters are are pushing him as a done deal Mahomes?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Which posters are are pushing him as a done deal Mahomes?
I don’t call out posters. They’re apparent. In this thread alone, comps to Mahomes as if it’s a given. Please! He’s a top prospect. Nothing more.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don’t call out posters. They’re apparent. In this thread alone, comps to Mahomes as if it’s a given. Please! He’s a top prospect. Nothing more.
It's no one.

Comps to Mahomes is something different.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
It's no one.

Comps to Mahomes is something different.
It is most of them. The Comp to Mahomes is weak. He is just as likely to be Baker Mayfield or another bust. Actually, odds are that he busts. Beginning with the assumption he is Mahomes in every argument, come on! Literally calling him Jordan?

He is a very good prospect. He isn’t worth giving up what we could Get for him.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It is most of them. The Comp to Mahomes is weak. He is just as likely to be Baker Mayfield or another bust. Actually, odds are that he busts. Beginning with the assumption he is Mahomes in every argument, come on! Literally calling him Jordan?

He is a very good prospect. He isn’t worth giving up what we could Get for him.
It's literally no one.

If it is, just give me some names. Should be easy, there's a whole army of these guys apparently.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Really

the bungles had like 20 total wins the previous 4 years pre burrow

And

Bucs had 1 winning season previous 9 years with 0 playoff appearances pre brady

Any other fake info you want to provide?
What does that have to do with the discussion we are having? The year the Bengals made it to the SB and the year the Bucs won the SB there rosters were far superior than the Bears. Omg you are stupid.

greg23

Liked Posts:
What does that have to do with the discussion we are having? The year the Bengals made it to the SB and the year the Bucs won the SB there rosters were far superior than the Bears. Omg you are stupid.
"When was the last time a great QB took a god awful team to a Super Bowl?"

Those teams were bad to God awful....then the qb arrived and viola; they became good almost immediately and were in a super bowl in 1 and 2 years

The point being....the qb is the most important position; by a mile.....get that position right and you can be around average almost everywhere else.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I think MHJ is the best player in the draft I would find a way to get him if it were me.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
"When was the last time a great QB took a god awful team to a Super Bowl?"

Those teams were bad to God awful....then the qb arrived and viola; they became good almost immediately and were in a super bowl in 1 and 2 years

The point being....the qb is the most important position; by a mile.....get that position right and you can be around average almost everywhere else.
Those teams weren’t awful though. Awful teams don’t make it to a Super Bowl even with an amazing QB. Awful teams don’t make the playoffs with Mayfield as your QB.

You are right the QB is the most important position in the game. I am not arguing that. There are a handful teams I could list from 2023 that would not make the playoffs with Mahomes as QB because they were that bad.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Those teams weren’t awful though. Awful teams don’t make it to a Super Bowl even with an amazing QB. Awful teams don’t make the playoffs with Mayfield as your QB.

You are right the QB is the most important position in the game. I am not arguing that. There are a handful teams I could list from 2023 that would not make the playoffs with Mahomes as QB because they were that bad.
Mahomes couldn't win a Super Bowl with his own team cause of backup offensive linemen.

the quarterback alone will do it, sure, I guess. awful teams don't make it to the Super Bowl. great teams do. I think we can all agree on that.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Well everyone except @greg23
Pretty sure the last 25 years afc has had hall of farmers at th qb spot in the super bowl every year (except 1 with Flacco)

Nfc hasn't had those types of HOF qbs (maybe Brees, Warner, Stafford, rodgers) but generally the teams who've made it had elite qb play that year and/or best qbs in the leauge (ironically except for bears with grossman)

Qbs consistently ranked 20's thru 50's don't make it.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which is why whoever our QB is we need to get Harrison.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure the last 25 years afc has had hall of farmers at th qb spot in the super bowl every year (except 1 with Flacco)

Nfc hasn't had those types of HOF qbs (maybe Brees, Warner, Stafford, rodgers) but generally the teams who've made it had elite qb play that year and/or best qbs in the leauge (ironically except for bears with grossman)

Qbs consistently ranked 20's thru 50's don't make it.
You are right. Most SB teams have had very good QBs. You know what else they had? Extremely good teams. Like the entire team is really good. Like most positions on the team are good.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
You are right. Most SB teams have had very good QBs. You know what else they had? Extremely good teams. Like the entire team is really good. Like most positions on the team are good.
and it includes very good STs......Great post....it's the perfect example of saying little, yet saying alot.... what insightful people do.......I'm dumbfounded by how some posters don't realize this, yet at the same time posts how they know so much about the game. Well...they probably do know about a certain type of football, but I don't follow Fantasy Football so I can't relate......lol......