McCown to Tampa....

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
jordan palmer actually didn't look half bad last year in pre-season. i'm guessing he'll be the guy and the bears might draft a quarterback in the late rounds.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
This is a VERY big loss. Having a backup QB you can rely on is a rare treat in the NFL. The Bears had that. So much so that they had a controversy.

Most backups suck when they get in the game. McCown was anything but.

The inevitable annual Cutler injury may spell doom for this team now. Anyone comfortable with Jordan Palmer as the backup?

I'd really love to know what Emery is up to. I'm sure we'll hear it at the presser.

I know the sentiment is always to build via the draft, but is that really the case? Pittsburgh was known as THE draft team (along with GB) and their drafts have sucked of recent years. Denver and TB are rolling this free agent season. All comes down to cap space and contracts, but the last two days have made me nervous.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
good for him...at least he can cash in on his performance last year

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
The #Bucs deal for Josh McCown: It’s two years for $10M. He gets $4.75M this year, $5.25M next year.

I'm happy for him. He got a good payday.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well good for Josh, but the Bucs don't have the talent we have or the offensive system in place we have. Yea, Josh may be cashing some big checks but when he is losing and the Bucs are getting pounded and the media starts to criticize the move, lets see how much he likes the move then.
I actually think the Bucs will be pretty damn good next year. They have a really good defense and have some good players on offense with V.Jackson and the Muscle Hamster and the 7th pick which a lot people think will be Sammy Watkins.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
Josh McCown is now going to regress to his norm. With Trestman not there, or Marshall, or Jeffery, or Bennett, etc. He will not have the same impact. Also, we all know what Lovie can do with a QB.

I say this with nothing but love for McCown, i'm glad for him, he earned this money, this was his last shot and he got it. But I don't see the same production from him this year.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
The #Bucs deal for Josh McCown: It’s two years for $10M. He gets $4.75M this year, $5.25M next year.

LOL, that's ridiculous.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Josh McCown is now going to regress to his norm. With Trestman not there, or Marshall, or Jeffery, or Bennett, etc. He will not have the same impact. Also, we all know what Lovie can do with a QB.

I say this with nothing but love for McCown, i'm glad for him, he earned this money, this was his last shot and he got it. But I don't see the same production from him this year.
Wow. Strong analysis here. A 13:1 TD to INT ratio isn't sustainable?!?!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
he got paid but Tampa is not getting a proper ROI

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Josh shows no love to Trestman and Emery who made him relevant and just made him 10 million.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Man, that's a nice money(for him specifically). I guess that is a signal that he is truly competing for the starting job down there. Good for him.

BEARS

swz01

Liked Posts:
Good for him. We'll be able to get him back in week 5 for the vet min after he gets cut.