McCown to Tampa....

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Whole money grab in Florida... Close to home too. Have they cut Revis yet? That deadline is close.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
That guy on Sportstalk Live last night said in his bold statement that McCown would have better stats with TB than Cutler will have with the BEARS this year. We'll see how that plays out.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
that's a lot of money for 1 yr production

Not even a full year. Roughly 6 games of work. Two of the bigger days were against Dallas and Minnesota. The St Louis numbers were comeback numbers and the Washington game was just blah.

Very nice guy and great story. That being said, he's still a journeyman in his late 30's with an unimpressive overall career. Tampa overpaid for him.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Josh shows no love to Trestman and Emery who made him relevant and just made him 10 million.

Nope but he did the intelligent thing for his financial situation. Bucs should be weary about his shit history before Trestman

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish him the best, he kept our team somewhat together during the Cutty injury but he's a system QB that really thrived under Trest. I can't blame him for grabbing the money since he'll only be in the league for another year or two. On a side note, I think Lovie is grabbing or intending to grab Bears players out of spite.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Glad to see Phil Emery tied his horse to an average at best franchise QB, while a top 5 QB last year goes to play for the old ball coach.

#FireEmery

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
melton to minnesota would suck testicles

Would be a surprise to me. I know Spielman likes to add to his team by subtracting from a rival's (he thought he did this with Berrian), but they just drafted Floyd in the 1st last year, they just signed Joseph, and I think they still have K Williams on their roster.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We could have done that and had an additional 18 million available to pick up the best free agents. Instead, we have an injury prone QB who is the highest paid this year in the NFL with no backup, great.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
LOL, that's ridiculous.

Dudes got a chance to elevate it to a $15 mil contract over 2 years. Great for him but there's no way the bears should even come close to that.

Glad to see Lovie is still over paying for mediocre offensive talent.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We could have done that and had an additional 18 million available to pick up the best free agents. Instead, we have an injury prone QB who is the highest paid this year in the NFL with no backup, great.

Lol

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Derp.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dudes got a chance to elevate it to a $15 mil contract over 2 years. Great for him but there's no way the bears should even come close to that.

Glad to see Lovie is still over paying for mediocre offensive talent.

I'm confused. I thought the Bears signed Cutler.

CuttyDoesIt6

Liked Posts:
Why is everyone so upset about McCown leaving? If Cutler doesnt get hurt this year, then he wouldnt even play a down of football unless they were blowing someone out. Trestman has already proved he can pick up a qb off the streets and make him 10x better. He was a freaking High School football coach 2 years ago! Good for McCown for getting a chance to start some where, but Im not to worried about it.