McShay knows....

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I haven't really watched Peppers, but I'm not sure why he's considered a top 5 pick when he's not a big time play maker. I realize he's versatile, but he doesn't seem like an eraser back there and the Bears desperately need play makers.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
No player is more overhyped than Peppers. Get him all the way out of my face.

"Top five safety" with one career interception.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I haven't really watched Peppers, but I'm not sure why he's considered a top 5 pick when he's not a big time play maker. I realize he's versatile, but he doesn't seem like an eraser back there and the Bears desperately need play makers.
Curious, if you haven't really watched him, what are you basing your opinion on?

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He has one pick and one forced fumble this season. 3 rushing tds, one punt return td, 15 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, 7 qb hurries and is up for a heisman. Mostly playing at lb. Last year he had 10 passes defended as a sophomore safety. But yeah, TOs is the only thing that changes games. Watch the games instead of cherry picking a stat that you were wrong about to begin with.

Rushing TDs mean squat.

Being up for Heisman means squat.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kizer might go. Watson could go to the right situation.

I don't see another first round talent. With so many 2-4 round guys in this class, it tempts the top 10 to wait and minimize risk, take their chance on a nice group of middle talent, or some late round picks like Mayfield and Kelly.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Rushing TDs mean squat.

Being up for Heisman means squat.
Rushing tds show he's versatile and is good with the ball in his hands. Being up for a heisman shows he's been one of the top college players this season. Does it translate to the NFL? Fuck if I know, but I've seen plenty of Michigan games, and he always seems to be making a play.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Curious, if you haven't really watched him, what are you basing your opinion on?

Honestly, I've only watched one game of his this season. He had an interception off a tipped pass. I guess I really don't have a full blown opinion on him, but looking at his stats, talking to other people who watch a lot of him, and reading stuff on the board, I'm just skeptical on his play making. What position will he play in the pros? Is he a ball hawk? Or is he a more of a solid, versatile player, who's utilized in a lot of different ways in college? Those are my concerns and questions.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
lol yeah lets draft a safety in the top 5 because he returns punts well!

you fucking moron
Lol, good thing no one said this. Maybe you should change your name to "I just want to learn to read."

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For me, it's not about his play making. It's that he's a SS in the NFL and wouldn't even be our fastest one. He's a talent that will play in the league but I don't see him being that difference maker at the next level.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
I don't see why Falk would return to CFB. His draft status will never improved because he wont be changing systems.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Kiper said the same thing. I would love to get peppers and Watson in the second.

But Kiper said that teams will take QB's in the 1st round because teams covet QB's.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No I'm not. They aren't going to sign any safety that would have a (perceived) bigger impact than peppers. Mostly because berry seems to be the only game changer available, and peppers is a game changer.

You are fixated on my example of using the Bears. The point of my post was that it serves no use to be making Mocks before the order is set and Free Agency happens. Say, for example, you have Team X that is drafting in the top 5. Team X has needs at DE, OL, and S. This mock draft has team X drafting a Safety, but during FA, Team X signs two Safeties which makes drafting one stupid. Moral of the story, this mock is ridiculous.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Malik Hooker is the best safety for us in the draft if we're going that route (I pray we aren't)

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No I'm not. They aren't going to sign any safety that would have a (perceived) bigger impact than peppers. Mostly because berry seems to be the only game changer available, and peppers is a game changer.

I like the LSU S J.Adams more than i like Peppers but i wouldn't be mad at taking Peppers.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

You have to remember that he wasn't able to focus on one position since he was moved around so much, not sure if that would matter for him making turnovers but it definitely could.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
For me, it's not about his play making. It's that he's a SS in the NFL and wouldn't even be our fastest one. He's a talent that will play in the league but I don't see him being that difference maker at the next level.
He supposedly ran a 4.34 40 this summer. Who's faster?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If Allen and Garrett are gone when we pick, why not take Humphrey? A shut down CB is more valuable than anything Peppers can become.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Interesting. I though I saw him get caught on that turnover. If he's that fast, I'm just wrong and he could play either safety. I'll watch some more film on him.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You are fixated on my example of using the Bears. The point of my post was that it serves no use to be making Mocks before the order is set and Free Agency happens. Say, for example, you have Team X that is drafting in the top 5. Team X has needs at DE, OL, and S. This mock draft has team X drafting a Safety, but during FA, Team X signs two Safeties which makes drafting one stupid. Moral of the story, this mock is ridiculous.
They do a mock every week from now until the end of the draft based on needs and falling/rising stocks. This shouldn't surprise anyone anymore.