McShay knows....

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's not playing a ball hawk position in college. He was CB plus other spots coming out of High School with 7 INTs.

Why would I draft someone at 4 to play a ball hawk position when you are telling me he's never exhibited those skills in his entire college career?

What Peppers has shown in college is that he can potentially be a great SS or LB. There is no real evidence that he's a great free safety. Maybe he has that ability and for some inexplicable reason, an NFL head coach like Harbaugh didn't recognize it but it is certainly not something I wish to gamble on with a top 5 pick when my main need is a ball hawk.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me, it's not about his play making. It's that he's a SS in the NFL and wouldn't even be our fastest one. He's a talent that will play in the league but I don't see him being that difference maker at the next level.

This has to be a joke right? Dude was apparently clocked at 4.34 seconds...please list the SS this fast. Also his speed translates to game speed as he is one of the fastest on the field constantly

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
He definitely game changed his only game with an INT.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I'd take Barnett at 4 before peppers I'd take Malik hooker at 4 shit I'd take deshaun Watson before peppers peppers attacks forward he has no real coverage skills. We need a fking cover 1 plays 25 yards back centerfield, before the ball is snapped can break on a freed WR/TE towards the sideline before the football is delivered FS.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I remember still how Kiper was insisting Clausen would be a top 5 pick and sure great qb.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Adams is without question a better option if he's available. I would have no problem taking him at 4. Take him and sign Jefferson and we have an impact tandom for 5 years. Berry is my top FA target but I doubt he gets out of KC. If he doesn't we should go after Poe. Put him at NT and move Eddie to 5 technique, yikes.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Didn't Todd say in a mock last year that we would take Dak Prescott in the 3rd or 4th round? That was after the DUI. And I was hoping for that. But it didn't happen.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
He's not playing a ball hawk position in college because he isn't a college ball hawk. He got moved to LB for a reason; because he's not a good safety. If you want a safety that makes plays in the secondary, draft one that has actually made plays from the safety position!

Peppers played in Michigan's secondary for two years before Harbaugh moved him to LB this season. In those two years he actually played as a DB full time he had ZERO interceptions.

He played 3 games his freshman year. Harbaugh moves him around to take advantage of his athleticism.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
No safety is with a top five pick. They do not draw double teams or touch the ball. Take Kizer in this scenario, or trade down.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
He played 3 games his freshman year. Harbaugh moves him around to take advantage of his athleticism.

My mistake on the two full years thing. He only played one year full time at safety. Still, for him to be this elite athlete that's supposedly a "game-changing, difference-maker," I don't see the impact plays from him at all. Tryon Matthieu at LSU is was Peppers is supposed to be and he doesn't come close to making the impact that Matthieu did. Peppers is all hype. He's good at a lot of things, great at none. Including getting the ball back to his offense which is most important.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I find it ridiculous that their are Mock drafts already. The draft order has not even been finalized yet and we have mocks out. On top of that, FA will play a big part into who people draft as well. The Bears could sign Berry in FA and someone else and then we have no need for S. I know, I know, Pace's dick is hard for BPA, but need does play a factor.
Mock draft mania is for losers.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
For those of you wondering what the OP is about.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/18266694/todd-mcshay-2017-nfl-mock-draft-10

Here's the top 10:

Browns - Jonathan Allen, DE
49ers - Garrett, DE/OLB
Jags - Jamal Adams, S
Bears - Peppers, S
Titans - Marshon Lattimore, CB
Jets - Tim Williams, OLB
Panthers - Fournette, RB
Saints - Marlon Humphrey, CB
Browns - Takkarist McKinley, OLB
Chargers - Mike Williams, WR

The fact that only two, two, players in the top 10 are offensive players is quite literally amazing.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I feel like the same shit was said about the Mariota draft, and both him and Winston are doing fine.

AussieBear

This has to be a joke right? Dude was apparently clocked at 4.34 seconds...please list the SS this fast. Also his speed translates to game speed as he is one of the fastest on the field constantly

troy polamalu???

proton

Liked Posts:
Teams who need a QB ALWAYS over draft them way earlier than they should. Would not be surprised if 2 out of the first 4 picks are QB's

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Already recanted, was thinking of a different player and read some bullshit somewhere. Took a minute of watching play to realize I had the wrong guy. Joke was on me and you are correct.

I'm not Remy and try to spin a fuck up or change the post after getting called out. I just admit I fucked up.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
If we sit at 4 or 5, honestly I don't mind not having a clear #1 and #2 ahead of us, because they will be long gone.

Pace, as far as I have seen, is a very good draft anticipator and uses this skill to move up and down the draft board.

Having 3 or 4 qbs with 1-2 round grades bodes very well for us getting a QB and a quality player very early.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
This QB class sucks......no QB going until #30

Has bears getting Peppers @4
I feel like we go through this almost every year but then teams watch film on prospects and a someone who was thought of as a third rounder or so jumps up to the front of the pack. Other guys also move up. Inevitably, someone takes a qb in the top 5

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk