McShay knows....

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
If Allen and Garrett are gone when we pick, why not take Humphrey? A shut down CB is more valuable than anything Peppers can become.

Because he's not a shutdown corner at all. He's been burned rather frequently in college.

He has great tools but hasn't put it together yet.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He supposedly ran a 4.34 40 this summer. Who's faster?

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk

Didn't take long to realize I was wrong. I take it back. He's got the speed you mentioned. Watching him more, I'd actually like to see him at FS. I had a talking out my ass moment, not seeing enough of him and reading some things I now don't agree with.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This QB class sucks......no QB going until #30

Has bears getting Peppers @4

If he has 3 QBs in the 1st round by the end of March will you go away forever?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Didn't take long to realize I was wrong. I take it back. He's got the speed you mentioned. Watching him more, I'd actually like to see him at FS. I had a talking out my ass moment, not seeing enough of him and reading some things I now don't agree with.
I could see fangio wreaking havoc with Floyd and peppers.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If he has 3 QBs in the 1st round by the end of March will you go away forever?
It depends who declares and then on the combine obviously. I really doubt the qbs stay rated this low. I think it'd be better for the bears though if they do.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If there is one then we need at safety, it's a guy that can be more of a ball hawk. Peppers is more of a SS/LB than he is a free safety.

If we truly were both taking a QB and Garrett and Allen were gone then I think we draft a CBS and maybe think about moving a guy like Fuller to FS.

That's not to say Peppers isn't a good player but that he's not really the right guy for our secondary IMO. We have a lot of SS types who are struggling in part because there isn't a true FS on the roster.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also if you are telling me that no one ahead of the Bears take a QB then if I am Pace I don't know that I pass on the opportunity to take the QB I like the most.

That seems to be a dumb move unless Pace truly has all these QBs as late 1st rounders or 2nd rounders. And even if that is the case you are pretty much guaranteed then they some QBs are going to get drafted before you pick again.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
if that is how the top ten shakes out I can see teams that have a second first rounder use it on qb or a team like us trade for a second first round pick for a qb

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Also if you are telling me that no one ahead of the Bears take a QB then if I am Pace I don't know that I pass on the opportunity to take the QB I like the most.

That seems to be a dumb move unless Pace truly has all these QBs as late 1st rounders or 2nd rounders. And even if that is the case you are pretty much guaranteed then they some QBs are going to get drafted before you pick again.

If the board truly is going to fall like this, there will be a team that is trading up for a QB. Jets, even Arizona could do it. I bet the Browns would be willing to deal.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If the board truly is going to fall like this, there will be a team that is trading up for a QB. Jets, even Arizona could do it. I bet the Browns would be willing to deal.

What would be our asking price to move down from 4 to 10? This year's 2nd and next years first?

Getting a Browns first is like gold.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What would be our asking price to move down from 4 to 10? This year's 2nd and next years first?

Getting a Browns first is like gold.

I have no clue. Isn't their a point system out there that values the draft picks? I think I've seen Windy post on it a few times.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Since 1952 the Bears have only drafted 4 QBs in the 1st round. That's 64 fucking years and only 4 QBs drafted in the 1st round. 1 was average 2 were serviceable and the other was a complete bust.

That is the sole reason this franchise is stuck in a shit swamp of bad QB play.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If there is one then we need at safety, it's a guy that can be more of a ball hawk. Peppers is more of a SS/LB than he is a free safety.

If we truly were both taking a QB and Garrett and Allen were gone then I think we draft a CBS and maybe think about moving a guy like Fuller to FS.

That's not to say Peppers isn't a good player but that he's not really the right guy for our secondary IMO. We have a lot of SS types who are struggling in part because there isn't a true FS on the roster.

He's not playing a ball hawk position in college. He was CB plus other spots coming out of High School with 7 INTs.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
He's not playing a ball hawk position in college. He was CB plus other spots coming out of High School with 7 INTs.

He's not playing a ball hawk position in college because he isn't a college ball hawk. He got moved to LB for a reason; because he's not a good safety. If you want a safety that makes plays in the secondary, draft one that has actually made plays from the safety position!

Peppers played in Michigan's secondary for two years before Harbaugh moved him to LB this season. In those two years he actually played as a DB full time he had ZERO interceptions.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I really like Jamal Adams, if we pick 4 that may be a little high for him but he is a really good player at a position of need.

I still wouldn't rule out a trade down scenario either.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's not playing a ball hawk position in college because he isn't a college ball hawk. He got moved to LB for a reason; because he's not a good safety. If you want a safety that makes plays in the secondary, draft one that has actually made plays from the safety position!

Peppers played in Michigan's secondary for two years before Harbaugh moved him to LB this season. In those two years he actually played as a DB full time he had ZERO interceptions.

Wait. Are you saying he got moved due to lack of production? He didn't play anything full time in 2014 and only got a few appearances towards the end of the year??? He's a redshirt sophomore for a reason. He also played an aggressive strong safety position and not center field. We would all like to see him get more picks but it's really not that big a deal for a guy that fields kicks and is Johnny on the spot in coverage. I'm not that concerned that they'll come.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could care less what Mel Kiper and McShay say about the QBs in this draft. I can see with my own eyes that the QBs in 2017 or better then 2016 QBs. Just to show how much the GMs listen to these so called experts, here is what McShay wrote in December of 2015.

McShay 2016

Posted December 16, 2015

1. Tennessee Titans
Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State Buckeyes

2. Cleveland Browns
Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis Tigers

3. San Diego Chargers
Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss Rebels

4. Baltimore Ravens
Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida State Seminoles

5. San Francisco 49ers
Jared Goff, QB, California Golden Bears

6. Dallas Cowboys
Jaylon Smith, OLB, Notre Dame Fighting Irish*

7. Detroit Lions
Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss Rebels*

8. Miami Dolphins
Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame Fighting Irish

9. Jacksonville Jaguars
Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida Gators*

10. St. Louis Rams
Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss Rebels*

11. New Orleans Saints
Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama Crimson Tide

12. Chicago Bears
DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon Ducks

Wentz at #30 Lol that's a long way from #2

30. Arizona Cardinals

Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State Bison

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I like Peppers but, to me, he is not worth a premium pick. If the Bears want an active tackling-machine type SS they can get Tony Jefferson at what will likely be a reasonable cost in FA. This is also an incredibly deep draft for DBs. Picking one top 5 is silly when there are 20+ high quality DB prospects in the draft.

Hopefully Pace has the chance to draft Watson or Kizer. If not there are other blue-chip talents on defense like Jonathan Allen or Derek Barnett that will likely be available.