Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been watching this one for a while. I am hoping that the Cubs are heavy bidders and not the typical runner up for this guy. Here is what Bleacher Nation had on him.

Gonzalez threw last week in a performance that Jeff Passan says “wowed scouts,” working in the mid-90s and touching 97 mph. Although the price tag on Cubans is always tough to pin down – I’ve read that the professional range of opinions on Yasiel Puig’s value topped out at $42 million by the Dodgers, but sat as low as less than $1 million by other teams – Passan suspects Gonzalez is going to get a huge sum of money, potentially the biggest deal ever for a Cuban. It seems like it would be tough to top Puig’s deal, but who really knows?

The guy is 26 and so he wouldn't count against the international signing pool, and could be major league ready now or very soon.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Somewhere between what Ryu got and what Darvish got is my guess.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you mean what Darvish and Ryu got with their contract or contract and posting fee combined.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you mean what Darvish and Ryu got with their contract or contract and posting fee combined.

Just contract, no posting fee. Posting fees are dumb.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
th

Better off leaving it alone. So far, whatever Boy Blunder touches seems to turn to shit in a hurry.

It just hasn't happened once or twice........................

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Heyman reporting LAD are in him big time. No way Cubs outbid that ownership group

Red Sox and Rangers aren't afraid to throw money around either and are heavily involved. Cubs could certainly use a mid 20s something starter with mid 90s fastball.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
So the Cubs are going to trade away Garza for lottery picks and then toss another $60 million at a lottery ticket?

Yes I am aware that it might be Garza's decision to not want to sign with the Cubs, but with the garbage the front office has surrounded him with the last couple seasons and the appearance that there will be several more seasons of garbage at least, can anyone really blame him?*

* = 100% baseball related content

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Wonder why it will be ok to throw a lot of money at this lottery ticket when it will be several years into his contract before the team will be competitive but not ok with already established major league players?*

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter if the Cubs sign him or not, as long as their are scouts watching him, at least they are trying.

Maybe they can finish second in the bidding again. Wouldn't that be something to hang our hats on? Finishing second for Cespedes, Darvish, Puig, Sanchez etc seems to be a feather a lot of people wish to stick in their hats.*

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Maybe they can finish second in the bidding again. Wouldn't that be something to hang our hats on? Finishing second for Cespedes, Darvish, Puig, Sanchez etc seems to be a feather a lot of people wish to stick in their hats.*

And how would they have helped the Cubs? They would still be a .500 team.

Brie.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Doesn't matter if the Cubs sign him or not, as long as their are scouts watching him, at least they are trying.

This is always the problem I have with GMs. They have to do their due dillegence when they try to sign people. You only get so many points for trying in my book. The fact that some people continue to apologize for GMs across the boards saying they tried, it falls on my hollow ears. At some point, Theo has to bring home the bacon and there's only so much more apologizing I can accept.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is always the problem I have with GMs. They have to do their due dillegence when they try to sign people. You only get so many points for trying in my book. The fact that some people continue to apologize for GMs across the boards saying they tried, it falls on my hollow ears. At some point, Theo has to bring home the bacon and there's only so much more apologizing I can accept.

plastic-surgery-repair-of-ear-gauging-indianapolis-dr-barry-eppley.jpg
???

I have no idea how to evaluate guys with next to no video on 'em...especially when we don't know how old any of them actually are...I'd like to bring home good American bacon at some point though.

mmmmm....

bacon....