Minority Hires & Draft Picks

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'll explain it to you then. He is kinda dumb and somehow believes what he says matters to someone, somewhere. I just laugh when he comes at me. Kinda like a fly he can annoy but is harmless.
I love how the boards worst and dumbest posters stick together.

BTW why did you lie about what Bill Polian said about Mitch?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Bingo. Dude is an idiot. The word diversity triggers him to no end
I don't have a trigger my SJW friend. Black or white I'm sure the Bears will screw it up again. It's kinda what they do. If they wanna be racist and let color play a role they have that right because they own the team.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My stupidity has lead to a wonderful life full of close friends and a big family and more good people then I deserve to know. Not one person that knows me IRL thinks i'm stupid at all. Just some internet guys like you and a small handful of leftys. I can live with that. I don't agree with many of your opinions but I respect your right to form your own. Have a nice day.
1642556525924.png
deeeerp nun ov mah frenz tink im dummmm

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I love how the boards worst and dumbest posters stick together.

BTW why did you lie about what Bill Polian said about Mitch?
I like lieing, it's what gets me out of bed in the mornings. I get up and tell a whopper and then I know I'm going to have a great day. Or you can make up the rest of what you need to hear. I don't care either way.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The flip side to this is that if owners in the NFL thought this was true it'd be a bigger fraction than 1/32.

They implemented the Rooney Rule and token interviews were given. It's clear that it hasn't made much of an impact. So in response, the NFL amends the rule and gives franchises more incentive to try and do better. It sure seems as if you think the teams with openings are going to be tripping over themselves to hire minority GMs/HCs because of draft picks. Do you think it's even going to hit 50% for these openings?

You say it's racist, but how come I've yet to see you use that term for the owners who still haven't hired minority coaches?
Assigning different value to people = racist.

Not hiring someone because they’re a minority = racist.

But how do I know which owners are hiring because they’re racist and who’s just an idiot? I’ve seen people call the Bears racist for firing Lovie after 10 wins. I don’t think that makes them racist…. Idiots maybe…. But not racist.

Is there an owner out there that’s never hired a minority coach? If yes, then yeah, probably a racist.

And just to be accurate it’s not 1 out of 32. It’s 1 out of 23 or 24. Whatever the number is now. (Not that that makes it any better)

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I like lieing, it's what gets me out of bed in the mornings. I get up and tell a whopper and then I know I'm going to have a great day. Or you can make up the rest of what you need to hear. I don't care either way.
You lied about what Bill Polian said. I tried to google where Bill Polian said it and couldn't find anything. I even gave you a link to where he said thinks that conflict with what you claim.

You're a liar and a moron.
Which one is you and which one is your boyfriend?
I know you are but what am I? very cool and creative! Im sure you and all of your intelligent friends are cracking up over that one!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Assigning different value to people = racist.

Not hiring someone because they’re a minority = racist.

But how do I know which owners are hiring because they’re racist and who’s just an idiot? I’ve seen people call the Bears racist for firing Lovie after 10 wins. I don’t think that makes them racist…. Idiots maybe…. But not racist.

Is there an owner out there that’s never hired a minority coach? If yes, then yeah, probably a racist.

And just to be accurate it’s not 1 out of 32. It’s 1 out of 23 or 24. Whatever the number is now. (Not that that makes it any better)
Jerry Jones

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ok i'll go ask them. Stand by.
So i asked and they said they mock me in fun and don't want you to have another meltdown if they aren't following your CCS #1 clown lead.

They also said they aren't laughing at me but with me.

I win.
giphy.gif

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
mass post meltdown on a Tuesday lmao

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think race should be a big factor in hiring, but I'm not going to be mad if it's used. Reason I say this is because they use other factors sometimes to hire some candidates and minorities are at a disadvantage for that. There also seems to be a different standard for some coordinators compared to other coordinators. Race may not be the reason, but it's kinda weird. As someone mentioned above, Brady is used as a deterrent to hiring Leftwich but it was not used as a deterrent for Josh McDaniels. Manning wasn't used as a deterrent for Gase. Everyone still gave them a chance. Great we can say we learned that lesson and won't do that anymore. Nagy and Moore are inexperienced OCs and people wanted to hire them( I was one of them too) even though Leftwich has more experience. You can say not enough experience hurt Nagy. Great, we can learn from past experience. Totally cool.

However, there are some candidates with terrible histories but for some reason, we're not learning from past experience with them. Some people on this board give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe they learned something from their mistakes. Josh McDaniels who was hired because of Brady the first time, failed in Denver, in St. Louis, and that debacle he did with the Colts is still fresh...yet there are some people who are willing to overlook that. Now, we are not learning from past experience when it comes to this guy. Daboll failed everywhere except when he got a QB. However, we are not using his past experience against him. We just say he probably learned his lesson. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy with Daboll too.

Frazier and Caldwell also have a bad past experience and yet nobody wants to say that maybe they learned their lesson. Nobody is giving them the benefit of the doubt like they are Josh McDaniels and Daboll. The only minority with a bad past experience that people are ok with, are Flores and possibly Bowles.

To summarize, this is the general consensus of the board:

Not enough experience, we don't want him:
Eric Bienemy
Byron Leftwich

Not enough experience, we want him:
Nagy
Kellen Moore

He had Brady, we don't want him:
Leftwich

He had Brady, we want him:
Josh McDaniels

Has a terrible past coaching history, we don't want him:
Frazier
Caldwell

Has a terrible past coaching history, we want him:
Josh McDaniels
Daboll
Flores
Bowles is a maybe. I want him, but there are people who don't

So as you can see, there are certain people who get the benefit of the doubt and certain people who don't. Not saying race has anything to do with it, just saying that for the most part some coordinators get leeway and some don't. The ones who don't just happen to be "different". Anyway, sorry for the rant. At the end of the day, I agree with you that race should not play a role in hiring HC but if McDaniels for whatever reason keeps getting a pass, I don't mind if they use race.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think race should be a big factor in hiring, but I'm not going to be mad if it's used. Reason I say this is because they use other factors sometimes to hire some candidates and minorities are at a disadvantage for that. There also seems to be a different standard for some coordinators compared to other coordinators. Race may not be the reason, but it's kinda weird. As someone mentioned above, Brady is used as a deterrent to hiring Leftwich but it was not used as a deterrent for Josh McDaniels. Manning wasn't used as a deterrent for Gase. Everyone still gave them a chance. Great we can say we learned that lesson and won't do that anymore. Nagy and Moore are inexperienced OCs and people wanted to hire them( I was one of them too) even though Leftwich has more experience. You can say not enough experience hurt Nagy. Great, we can learn from past experience. Totally cool.

However, there are some candidates with terrible histories but for some reason, we're not learning from past experience with them. Some people on this board give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe they learned something from their mistakes. Josh McDaniels who was hired because of Brady the first time, failed in Denver, in St. Louis, and that debacle he did with the Colts is still fresh...yet there are some people who are willing to overlook that. Now, we are not learning from past experience when it comes to this guy. Daboll failed everywhere except when he got a QB. However, we are not using his past experience against him. We just say he probably learned his lesson. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy with Daboll too.

Frazier and Caldwell also have a bad past experience and yet nobody wants to say that maybe they learned their lesson. Nobody is giving them the benefit of the doubt like they are Josh McDaniels and Daboll. The only minority with a bad past experience that people are ok with, are Flores and possibly Bowles.

To summarize, this is the general consensus of the board:

Not enough experience, we don't want him:
Eric Bienemy
Byron Leftwich

Not enough experience, we want him:
Nagy
Kellen Moore

He had Brady, we don't want him:
Leftwich

He had Brady, we want him:
Josh McDaniels

Has a terrible past coaching history, we don't want him:
Frazier
Caldwell

Has a terrible past coaching history, we want him:
Josh McDaniels
Daboll
Flores
Bowles is a maybe. I want him, but there are people who don't

So as you can see, there are certain people who get the benefit of the doubt and certain people who don't. Not saying race has anything to do with it, just saying that for the most part some coordinators get leeway and some don't. The ones who don't just happen to be "different". Anyway, sorry for the rant. At the end of the day, I agree with you that race should not play a role in hiring HC but if McDaniels for whatever reason keeps getting a pass, I don't mind if they use race.
I think when you apply that lens to things it always looks darker than it actually is in nuance.

Yes there are some fears of some double standards, but all those stories and situations are deeper than that.

Kellen Moore and Leftwich seem similar on the surface. I who claim not to have a racial bias because I studied brains from the inside out and understand our similarities intricately before we get to skin organ pigmentation and cultural differences, do view them the same and want neither from a “safe” hire perspective, but would absolutely make sure I interview both to potentially identify a young genius if it’s there.

and with those two guys you might interview them to gather a file for 5 or 10 years down the road to revisit if they flash potential but it’s not the right fit currently.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
It would also be helpful if the clown in charge of the NFL wasn't working only at the interest of the owners, who as we all know don't want any of their dirty laundry out in the public, so Goodell's real job #1 is making sure the owners are clean.
Are you crazy? The Commissioner works for the owners, not the players. It' s in his job description. Duh