My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are the reads good?
is the pocket awareness good?
accuray above average?
Line calls and audibles against better Ds?
seeing the field and picking up LBs and DBs dropping under routes?

These are obvious things that your HC/OC should work to limit but don't pretend that Mitch doesn't limit an O as much as an O limits him. The issue here is that neither Nagy nor Mitch is complete. It's up to the HC to get the most out of his players and Mitch is likely functional+ in the right scheme but other teams also haven't fully assimilated what we're now doing and better Ds...

A bit premature to completely absolve Mitch and it's not like almost the entire board hasn't already been complaining about Nagy's playcalling and over complication for years. This is no revelation.

I won't hate too much on Mitch because he's not a dick and gives his best but he's somewhat limited and correspondingly limits an O. I'm especially disappointed in his deep ball. I think it may be hiding in there somewhere if he throws it running sideways off balance on instinct but that he can't line one up from the pocket is problematic.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy you ignore all the facts. I’ve laid them out the facts and predicted almost everything correctly this season.

Not only is Nagy the problem but every player seems to understand that. Which means Nick Foles too. Who was hand picked by the guy and then benched himself because he couldn’t be protected behind the awful line and Nagys shit play calls.

The only thing you focus on is how bad Mitch played in a situation it was almost impossible to play in with a clear mind. QBs miss when defenses apply constant pressure and Mitch was simply under pressure every play. Just because he gets a clean pocket and misses doesn’t make him a bad QB. It means he’s playing like the pressure is there even when it’s not.

that is what ruining a good QB is!

A lot of excuses. Everything is always someone else's fault. Pace and Nagy should be fired. That is a given.

4M has only been pressured 25% of the time this year. A guy like Watson is much higher at 35% as 4M has been lucky in playing mainly against bad teams.

In clean pockets Watson is 3rd in the NFL while 4M is 22nd. Watson has been sacked and faced more pressure in his career and still vastly outperformed 4M in clean pockets. I mean Watson had Hopkins taken away and his run game has been shit and he still vastly outperforms 4M in clean pockets. He also had shitty as BOB has a coach.

So your premise is bullshit. Good QBs take advantage when given the chance even if they face a lot of pressure. That is why Watson is a good QB and 4M is not.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of excuses. Everything is always someone else's fault. Pace and Nagy should be fired. That is a given.

4M has only been pressured 25% of the time this year. A guy like Watson is much higher at 35% as 4M has been lucky in playing mainly against bad teams.

In clean pockets Watson is 3rd in the NFL while 4M is 22nd. Watson has been sacked and faced more pressure in his career and still vastly outperformed 4M in clean pockets. I mean Watson had Hopkins taken away and his run game has been shit and he still vastly outperforms 4M in clean pockets. He also had shitty as BOB has a coach.

So your premise is bullshit. Good QBs take advantage when given the chance even if they face a lot of pressure. That is why Watson is a good QB and 4M is not.

Okay you don't believe in excuses. So no excuses then.

Trubisky 36
Watson 7

Trubisky with a higher win percentage. Thoughts?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Okay you don't believe in excuses. So no excuses then.

Trubisky 36
Watson 7

Trubisky with a higher win percentage. Thoughts?

Wins and losses are team dependent no?

Now why dont you post the things they actually control ie their stats.

And before you claim that is an excuse. It is not an excuse to point out you giving him credit for stuff he didnt do. 4M is not responsible for the D.

Who is the better QB?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wins and losses are team dependent no?

Now why dont you post the things they actually control ie their stats.

And before you claim that is an excuse. It is not an excuse to point out you giving him credit for stuff he didnt do. 4M is not responsible for the D.

Who is the better QB?

At the end of the day, the only stat that matters is wins and losses.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At the end of the day, the only stat that matters is wins and losses.

Not when judging an individual player because wins and losses isnt an individual stat.

We both know you dont honestly think 4M is better than Watson because of win % hence why you didnt answer my question as to who is the better QB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
and that's good enough to get everyone fired so...

Exactly. Pace and Nagy need to go. 4M needs a change of scenery if he is ever going to turn things around IMO. He just doesnt have the intestinal fortitude to handle all the baggage accumulated here. Although happy he seems to have found a spine after this last benching but I suspect he will be someone that pkays better with a fresh start.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that you guys are reading me all wrong. I personally think that Nagy screwed this up with stubbornness. I was thrilled in 2018 when this team by default turned into a running, defensive team, was 12-4 and could have won all 16 games, and should have had at least one playoff win, and who knows what else. But it wasn't HIS identity and you saw what he he did in 2019/2020.

Around this forum, excuses work for Watson but not for Trubisky. Pick and choose your stats, and run with them.

I personally think the Bears can now win out, and see how far they can take it. It is called being a fan, not someone sitting on their phone Miserably never happy with anything.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok this is absurd Watson is clearly better than Mitch.

Not the point. If Houston wins that game 36-7, the first page is flooded with all Watson shit, pulling back draft threads from 4 years ago, etc. Instead of giving the Bears and Trubisky some credit for last week, it's just Watson excuses. Bear fans, whatever. Imagine sitting on Bears message board just crying every day. Just go root for the 4-9 Texans then.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Not the point. If Houston wins that game 36-7, the first page is flooded with all Watson shit, pulling back draft threads from 4 years ago, etc. Instead of giving the Bears and Trubisky some credit for last week, it's just Watson excuses. Bear fans, whatever. Imagine sitting on Bears message board just crying every day. Just go root for the 4-9 Texans then.
It's not just Watson excuses, the Bears played a very good game obviously. You don't win by 29 unless you play well. Mitch played well too. I was happy to see them win, I hope they win this Sunday and make the playoffs.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not just Watson excuses, the Bears played a very good game obviously. You don't win by 29 unless you play well. Mitch played well too. I was happy to see them win, I hope they win this Sunday and make the playoffs.

I know that's how you feel!

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wtf is the argument here? Pace, Nagy and mitch need to go.

Pace for hiring an incompetent cosch, drafting an awful QB and constantly missing on the drafts and trades

Nagy for never learning to adjust to anything, throwing his kickers under the bus despite having multiple issues on the team and the nost painful, asking for Foles.

Mitch for just being a bad QB and apparently a spineless punk for years.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
About 1/3 of his games as a pro have been elite level play, which is impressive in and of itself in an offense that doesn't block in a Nagy offense that is just now learning to adapt to his strengths. Nagy's offense is inconsistent so the young QB is inconsistent but still, he makes the garbage offense work better than any other option, including "BDN"

Imagine being a 1 year starter in college and then being over drafted by a GM that "could have taken Watson" No one knew how good Mahomes would be. 8 other teams passed on him.

Mitch has a better career winning percentage than the quarterback we "should have taken" (that is currently being utilized to his strengths consistently in Houston) and just beat him head to head.

A third? Really? Doubt that.

Elite is not something Mitch does besides a handful of games in 3 years. Not a third

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wtf is the argument here? Pace, Nagy and mitch need to go.

Pace for hiring an incompetent cosch, drafting an awful QB and constantly missing on the drafts and trades

Nagy for never learning to adjust to anything, throwing his kickers under the bus despite having multiple issues on the team and the nost painful, asking for Foles.

Mitch for just being a bad QB and apparently a spineless punk for years.

Bad karma PiB. Looking forward to game Sunday. If/when mathematically eliminated my opinions would change. Still on a high from last week.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Are the reads good?
is the pocket awareness good?
accuray above average?
Line calls and audibles against better Ds?
seeing the field and picking up LBs and DBs dropping under routes?

These are obvious things that your HC/OC should work to limit but don't pretend that Mitch doesn't limit an O as much as an O limits him. The issue here is that neither Nagy nor Mitch is complete. It's up to the HC to get the most out of his players and Mitch is likely functional+ in the right scheme but other teams also haven't fully assimilated what we're now doing and better Ds...

A bit premature to completely absolve Mitch and it's not like almost the entire board hasn't already been complaining about Nagy's playcalling and over complication for years. This is no revelation.

I won't hate too much on Mitch because he's not a dick and gives his best but he's somewhat limited and correspondingly limits an O. I'm especially disappointed in his deep ball. I think it may be hiding in there somewhere if he throws it running sideways off balance on instinct but that he can't line one up from the pocket is problematic.

The accuracy is good. How can accuracy be better than what it is with constant anxiety from bad blocking.

you act like the LT puts his guy on an island 80% of the game. In fact he blows his assignment 80% of the game and barely holds up the other 20.

the playcalling has been better lately. But for 3 years Nagy forced an offense to run plays the bears were never equipped to run.

He still has to make all the throws? Pretend there isn’t constant pressure?

man you are a “fan”.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The accuracy is good. How can accuracy be better than what it is with constant anxiety from bad blocking.

you act like the LT puts his guy on an island 80% of the game. In fact he blows his assignment 80% of the game and barely holds up the other 20.

the playcalling has been better lately. But for 3 years Nagy forced an offense to run plays the bears were never equipped to run.

He still has to make all the throws? Pretend there isn’t constant pressure?

man you are a “fan”.
I root for him every Sunday and have been a fan longer than you. Thinks he gives us the best chance to win right now. If he continues this play, I even try and re-sign him at the right price but I keep looking because I'm a BEARS fan. I want what's best for the team. You're more of a Mitch fan 1st and don't get what being the fan of TEAM is.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The only reason Watson was brought up is because Chris was trying to claim that 4M getting pressured 25% of the time is the reason he sucks relative to his peers the 75% of the time he has a clean pocket.

So I noted that this year and in fact over the course of his career Watson has faced far more pressure but yet still excels in a clean pocket. So that excuse for 4M is bullshit.

What that has to do with wins and losses or a single Bears win last week is beyond me. No one was talking abiut that until you brought it up.

4M fans used to blame Watson being more successful on Hopkins. Now when Watson is still good without Hopkins and has much better numbers than 4M with pressure and without pressure suddenly 4M fans want to pretend win % is more relevant than the actual stats they put up.

Nagy is not the reason 4M cant make basic reads or throws when given the time too. 4M sucks because he doesnt have the brain for QB unless you make things incredibly easy for him.

Last edited:

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I root for him every Sunday and have been a fan longer than you. Thinks he gives us the best chance to win right now. If he continues this play, I even try and re-sign him at the right price but I keep looking because I'm a BEARS fan. I want what's best for the team. You're more of a Mitch fan 1st don't get what being the fan of TEAM is.

that’s ridiculous. Mitch was the best option for this team. I stated that. I was right. In fact I’ve been right about almost everything. So wtf?

Everyone here agrees that it’s the playcalling, the o line, LT specifically, and Mitch is better than anyone we have. Called this from the start.