Mooney being shopped - PFF Brad

4THQUARTERCLUTCHLER

Liked Posts:
He's gonna be a part of the Justin Houston trade according to the source which is some guy living in his mom's basement. Mahomes to mooney ?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nice to see Brad taking time from shining his pocket protector to spew this nonsense.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ohh look, another football stupid report based on observations from a "journalist" who barely watches the team.

Mooney is not going anywhere, lol. So dumb.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This is like me going "Ohh, that Waddle guy is gonna want money, the Dolphins should probably trade him".

And these dudes get paid to do this shit.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not buying it. Claypool will play like 3 games this season so the Bears need all the WRs they can keep on the field.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I assume one of Claypool or Mooney gets extended right? They have to pay somebody and I don’t think any FA WRs will be available. I’m perfectly fine letting this play out.

This season is about Fields, is he the guy or not? We need every available weapon we can get to make this determination this season.

Now if a team is coming with a 1st round pick I see your point. But I think his value at the trade deadline would be similar to right now. The other possibility is he lost a step from the injury,
Once they got moore the other wrs importance really goes down in value. He’s going to open things up for everyone

Also it has been pretty obvious Mooney and Jenkins are on borrowed time on this team. It is what it is

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not buying it. Claypool will play like 3 games this season so the Bears need all the WRs they can keep on the field.

This isn't news, its just a PFF editor who worked for over the cap providing "insights" into who he thinks may be cut/traded.

Note I put insights in quotes, because its a fancy way of saying "making shit up for clicks"

Mooney is justins best buddy on the team. Zero chance he goes anywhere until his contract is up. Trading him for a 4th round pick makes about as much sense as trading for Johnathan taylor.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Might I suggest that you listen to a song from Disney's Frozen...

Mooney can go into the Chris Jones trade so we don't have to give up an extra draft pick.
I wouldn’t complain if they got Chris jones and Mooney was part of the package which saves bears from throwing a first round pick in the trade

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
That just isn't sensible. Even if you were to try to ship him away, Mooney's value is at its lowest point right now. Suppose that this conjecture has any meat on the bones, Mooney had a bad year last year and was dealing with injuries.

If you wanted to trade him, it would make more sense to feed him targets over the first few weeks of the season and wait for an important receiver on another team to get hurt. And even then, I think this is a bunch of BS conjecture.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It also talks about Mooney possibly being upset about the lack of talks which is silly. Guy had ankle surgery at the end of last year with added hardware. He'll get a better deal once he proves he's as durable as before, all the way back and I'm sure that's not lost on him. He may actually play better than he has over the last 2 years as he's had a lingering injury that needed repair before going down last year.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
LMFAO Claypool over Mooney 7 days a week. I am not sure what you guys see in Mooney.
What did you see in Mitch Trubisky in 2020 that made you say he was going to be the bears starting QB for the next decade?