Mooney being shopped - PFF Brad

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Let's say Fields doesn't work out. That means, bare minimum, BOTH #1 picks next year are being used to get the next QB, why would you start to trade off WR pieces?

GSHSoldier

Liked Posts:

Bears WR Darnell Mooney: With D.J. Moore and Chase Claypool taking targets away from Mooney, the Bears may look to trade him.

Pretty wild but if they like Scott and don't want to pay Mooney it makes sense.

I said from day one, no way the bears keep both Mooney and Claypool in their contract years. Only one will be retained and Claypool has the size. I’d take a 4th or a 5th for Mooney aka a sixth round pick. He’s undersized

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I said from day one, no way the bears keep both Mooney and Claypool in their contract years. Only one will be retained and Claypool has the size. I’d take a 4th or a 5th for Mooney aka a sixth round pick. He’s undersized
When Poles traded for Claypool, DJ Moore was no where near the picture. Best case scenario sans Moore is that one of those two guys could step their game up to be a low end WR1 while the other was a good WR2 and you might have drafted a guy at WR3. Yea, now there's no chance you keep both alongside Kmet and Moore. It's just a matter of seeing which one balls out and is worth keeping going forward, which is a good problem to have.

No way is either guy traded midseason unless the team really sucks. But if the team really sucks then chances are they're not worth much anyway.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So Poles goes out and trades what ends up being the 32nd pick for Claypool, then gets DJ Moore back in the deal for the #1 pick, all because he correctly identifies that his potential franchise QB needs weapons to be successful. Then thinks about trading the only other viable receiver on the roster other than the 2 aforementioned ones.

That makes less than zero sense.
It's like these people just seem to keep forgetting that developing Justin fucking Fields should be the number one priority especially now going into his 3rd year. If not then you should of just traded Fields and drafted Young or Stroud at #1.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Let's say Fields doesn't work out. That means, bare minimum, BOTH #1 picks next year are being used to get the next QB, why would you start to trade off WR pieces?
If Fields doesn't work out this year then we could end up with or right around the first pick again because this defense definitely isn't keeping this team in any games.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I Notice the usual suspects disliking this

LMFAO, what the hell do you see in Clayshit
Size, speed, catch radius, clutch. Can run any route. Loved him at ND. I like Mooney too. Want both. Think higher upside with Claypool. IMO.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only read 1st page of this RE to a clickbait Tweet which, as always on a slow news day ==> Dozens of "articles" about "might be...", "could shop him"...etc. Reminds me of "Ancient Alien Theorists consider the possibility that..."

Smells the same as the weeks of "Bears are shopping Justin Fields" before the draft. If they move anybody, it won't be this week without some blockbuster trade for pass rush, but just my opinion.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ive never seen such a massive double post/double failure before. Unless he was posting the Lions Super Bowl history.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Mooney still possibly, maybe, could be being shopped?