Mooney being shopped - PFF Brad

msadows

Liked Posts:
It also talks about Mooney possibly being upset about the lack of talks which is silly. Guy had ankle surgery at the end of last year with added hardware. He'll get a better deal once he proves he's as durable as before, all the way back and I'm sure that's not lost on him. He may actually play better than he has over the last 2 years as he's had a lingering injury that needed repair before going down last year.

He probably would have already had a team friendly extension on the table if he didn't get hurt, much like cold cement did.

Poles & co have spoke nothing but praise of mooney. Fields is best buds with him. He's a long term piece here unless he can't return back to form or gets injured again.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you trade Mooney, I'd rather rebuild the core through the draft, with two 1st use one on a partner in Crime with Moore, and draft a guy you feel has high potential 3rd round or later.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He probably would have already had a team friendly extension on the table if he didn't get hurt, much like cold cement did.

Poles & co have spoke nothing but praise of mooney. Fields is best buds with him. He's a long term piece here unless he can't return back to form or gets injured again.
Fields didn't have anyone else to play with at the start of last year, LOL. Seems pretty tight with all 3 starters now. Would love to see both Mooney and Claypool perform and decide to keep the crew together along with Justin helping it work out. Not at all how the NFL usually operates but...

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Mooney on pace for a WR 3 contract, and I’m here for it

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Think if Mooney were to be traded it much more likely would happen during the season when the Bears can see for sure what they have in Claypool and Scott and if Mooney is healthy, and yes folks this entire post is one long run on sentence.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Also, this keeps being brought up in the media, that scott may be a replacement for mooney.

I don't see it, outside of their frail builds they are very different type of wideouts. Scott is a converted RB playing WR, he specializes in YAC and deep speed. Guy is going to get a lot of work on screens and sweeps. He's a replacement for Velus Bust Jr., not for mooney.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Also, this keeps being brought up in the media, that scott may be a replacement for mooney.

I don't see it, outside of their frail builds they are very different type of wideouts. Scott is a converted RB playing WR, he specializes in YAC and deep speed. Guy is going to get a lot of work on screens and sweeps. He's a replacement for Velus Bust Jr., not for mooney.

I may be the only one here but I haven’t given up on Velus.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Think if Mooney were to be traded it much more likely would happen during the season when the Bears can see for sure what they have in Claypool and Scott and if Mooney is healthy, and yes folks this entire post is one long run on sentence.
Yes but if they can get a good OL for him then pull the trigger Poles is what i say, MOD.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would also think that a trade partner would like to see him play after the surgery and before a deal.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Yeah let's get rid of Mooney, the only guy who has consistently been there for Fields, so we can really see what Fields can do with Moore and that's it. No other receiver stands out. This aint gonna happen if they're trying to see what Fields can do with at least Mooney and Moore.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
How can this possibly be interpreted as "Mooney being shopped?"

The emphasis of not getting an extension on his rookie deal makes me think this is not so much the Bears shopping Mooney as it is Mooney's agent shopping Mooney to try to get back to the bargaining table with the Bears.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I mean… if we can get a legit OL in return or a third or second round pick I wouldn’t hate it

Other than that it makes 0 sense

Mooney is basically worth very little at this point due to his minimal production + injury last year.

Trading him now is what bad GM's would do. If they do have a desire to trade him it would be at the deadline if the team is underperforming.