Mora's blog and McPimp

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
This post will make people hate me on this board, I think everyone already does, but reading all this non-sense is just crazy.

The above post is the most ludicrous post I have ever read. First of all, RK, your going to ignore him because he has a different opinion then you on how the qualifying offers got botched?

RK, from reading all your posts, I know for a fact that you do not know what happened with the QO getting messed up, and the fact that you act like you do, makes little no sense to me. I am not calling you a liar, maybe your misinformed, i dont know. But let me clear some things up. Before I begin, I would like to say I think it is horrible how Dale was let go, but I don't take it personally, like some of you on here

First off, I worked in the NHL for 10 years, there isn't a universl Asst. GM job description, so anyone who says " its always the Asst. GMs job to mail the qualifying offers is stupid and has no idea what they are talking about. It is a red herring argument, plain and simple. All hockey ops departments operate different ways. It was not McDonoughs, Tallon, or Stans fault.

Second of all, I know a handful of people inside the Blackhawks organ-I-zation, and I can promise you, the QO offers were not botched on purpose. the fact that so many people are 100% sure because they have "heard from their sources" is ridiculous, if this was the case, this would be a national story and it would've happened a while ago, if it was a true story, how would you guys be the only ones who have heard of it? gimme a break.

A lot of you guys on this message board want to hate the new regime so much, you guys want it to be true to justify the hate that you have towards McDonough, Blunk, Bowman, etc.

I will repeat, anyone who thinks the Blackhawks deliberately messed up the offers so they can fire Tallon are complete morons. If you can call someone an idiot for thinking McDonough or Stan was responsible for the offer messup, I can call you a moron for thinking otherwise. Because I know for a fact, you don't.

AAAK!!!! Kerfuffle has a twin brother with terrible grammar!

memberj

Liked Posts:
AAAK!!!! Kerfuffle has a twin brother with terrible grammar!

that's pretty much what i expect from people on this board, a random attack about my grammar....... and nothing about what i posted.

and by the way, ya i didn't check my grammar because its a fucking message board, i type fast and press 'add reply'

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
that's pretty much what i expect from people on this board, a personal attack.

and by the way, ya i didn't check my grammar because its a fucking message board, i type fast and press 'add reply'

Well if you feel so attacked because you lack elementary grammar skills when writing a multi-paragraph post.... I have one link for you: http://fans.blackhawks.nhl.com/community/

I was just fucking with you, but you took it personal.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
I predict this is about to turn into a memberj vs RK "I'm more in the know than you are" pissing contest.

I

CANNOT

WAIT

memberj

Liked Posts:
I predict this is about to turn into a memberj vs RK "I'm more in the know than you are" pissing contest.

I

CANNOT

WAIT

I am not here so start anything, i just know for a fact that the qualifying offers did not get botched from the business side, and it wasn't Stan or Dale.

I do not want to get into any " i know more than u " shouting match.

i just wanted to say what I know because that is a pretty big and untrue accusation.

Tommy 0

Liked Posts:
This is getting good where's the popcorn ?

R K

This post will make people hate me on this board, I think everyone already does, but reading all this non-sense is just crazy.

The above post is the most ludicrous post I have ever read. First of all, RK, your going to ignore him because he has a different opinion then you on how the qualifying offers got botched?

RK, from reading all your posts, I know for a fact that you do not know what happened with the QO getting messed up, and the fact that you act like you do, makes little no sense to me. I am not calling you a liar, maybe your misinformed, i dont know. But let me clear some things up. Before I begin, I would like to say I think it is horrible how Dale was let go, but I don't take it personally, like some of you on here

First off, I worked in the NHL for 10 years, there isn't a universl Asst. GM job description, so anyone who says " its always the Asst. GMs job to mail the qualifying offers is stupid and has no idea what they are talking about. It is a red herring argument, plain and simple. All hockey ops departments operate different ways. It was not McDonoughs, Tallon, or Stans fault.

Second of all, I know a handful of people inside the Blackhawks organ-I-zation, and I can promise you, the QO offers were not botched on purpose. the fact that so many people are 100% sure because they have "heard from their sources" is ridiculous, if this was the case, this would be a national story and it would've happened a while ago, if it was a true story, how would you guys be the only ones who have heard of it? gimme a break.

A lot of you guys on this message board want to hate the new regime so much, you guys want it to be true to justify the hate that you have towards McDonough, Blunk, Bowman, etc.

I will repeat, anyone who thinks the Blackhawks deliberately messed up the offers so they can fire Tallon are complete morons. If you can call someone an idiot for thinking McDonough or Stan was responsible for the offer messup, I can call you a moron for thinking otherwise. Because I know for a fact, you don't.

First I'll say since you've been a member here your sole purpose has pretty much been do discount me. So that said, I take everything you post with a grain of salt.

Second I go off of everything at hand. From the original story in the Boston Globe, to Josh Mora's blog, to Dudley suggesting Mcdonough was far to reaching into on ice operations, and yes, along with personal things I happen to know.

I too know some within the organization, all be it a lot LESS now a days, as they seem to desire. Unlike you, most here know exactly who I am and the fact I have absolutely nothing to grind other than being around many people in the organization for MANY years. And being fortunate to watch an organization pull it's self from the WORST FRANCHISE in Sports, to a Stanley Cup Champion from pretty damn close as a "fan" of the game goes. Of which 99% of the credit goes to those who worked in and around the ORGANIZATION BEFORE JM and Rocky hopped on the train. Make no mistake that STANLEY CUP WINNING TEAM was built LONG and DESIGNED long before they arrived.

Third, and even more important if you believe what you wrote up there, you are the moron. It's been talked about on just about every message board at length, except for one. I wonder why that is?

Lastly, if you have been around this organization and "know" people with in it, you'd most certainly know who I was. That's a fact. Just as there have been a few others in this thread you would probably know. At least three I can think of off hand without going all through the thread again and calling them out.

What do I believe? I believe JM needed an excuse to remove Tallon from his position. Something that appeared to be extremely troubling. It could not be anything minute as it ultimately had to diminish what the GM had just attained for this Organization and fans for the first time in 15 years. A trip to the Conference Finals with the Youngest team in NHL History along with an EXTREMELY bright future. Of which JM could take NONE of the Credit.

The only TRUTH will be if Tallon ever decides to write his autobiography, although I think being around him on and off for many years, he'd have too much class to do so.

I also believe that Josh Mora's and Steve Stone's stories would probably be similar. I'm guessing here as I know nothing of the Cubs organization other than what I hear and read.

R K

I am not here so start anything, i just know for a fact that the qualifying offers did not get botched from the business side, and it wasn't Stan or Dale.

i just wanted to say what I know because that is a pretty big and untrue accusation.

I don't think ANYONE said it was Stan or Dale that botched the offers. In fact I don't believe it was either. I believe it was suggested they were helped from higher above. I also don't believe anyone actually "accused" anyone of anything other than the circumstances surrounding the issues most certainly did not JIVE with what actually happened.

And where this thread is concerned, the MINUTE someone, NOT AFFILIATED with the HAWKS, reported on said story, his job was not only terminated, but the "blog" or Medium he used to report his story, was quashed.

Being such a Moot point as it's all way done and over with, maybe I should make this thread disappear just as every single thread talking about this subject on the officials did. Another tiny fact.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Okay. So you know for a fact that QO's were not botched from a business side, that leaves the hockey side. And if it was not Tallon or Stosh and Dudley was out the door, does not really leave much.

Knowing for a fact that it was not the business side implies you know for a fact exactly where the responsibility lies. So...who is responsible?

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
This is getting good where's the popcorn ?

1d26z94ujjttktu6nmo.gif

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Glad to see I'm not the only one questioning all the conspiracy theories surrounding these contracts. I'm almost 40 years old and the thing I've learned in life is not to accept "insider knowledge" as if it were law and always the truth. Even insiders make mistakes, misunderstand or misinterpret things, hear something and run with it without the full story. It is then leaked to wanting ears craving for a scandal and then it's twisted and turned until you have a story that is accepted as fact when in reality it's far from the truth. The fact is firings happen all the time at the GM and Coach/Manager level in professional sports. And yes many times it is a power struggle between one of them and a higher up. McD has a history of firing people left and right - both with the Cubs and now with the Hawks. I find it ironic that suddenly when it came to Tallon he would get cold feet and have to resort to a conspiracy to achieve his goal. McD is also well aware that if true that story would have leaked and become viral on the internet, ESPN, and news outlets - it didn't which says a lot.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad to see I'm not the only one questioning all the conspiracy theories surrounding these contracts. I'm almost 40 years old and the thing I've learned in life is not to accept "insider knowledge" as if it were law and always the truth. Even insiders make mistakes, misunderstand or misinterpret things, hear something and run with it without the full story. It is then leaked to wanting ears craving for a scandal and then it's twisted and turned until you have a story that is accepted as fact when in reality it's far from the truth. The fact is firings happen all the time at the GM and Coach/Manager level in professional sports. And yes many times it is a power struggle between one of them and a higher up. McD has a history of firing people left and right - both with the Cubs and now with the Hawks. I find it ironic that suddenly when it came to Tallon he would get cold feet and have to resort to a conspiracy to achieve his goal. McD is also well aware that if true that story would have leaked and become viral on the internet, ESPN, and news outlets - it didn't which says a lot.

Uhhh.... highly doubt anyone outside of Chicago would have given a shit about a firing in hockey operations. Hell most of the people are bandwagon fans anyways and think McD is somehow ASSociated with the assembling of the team that won the Cup.

R K

It's very interesting to say the least that now an "insider" has come to dispel the theory. No offense Fluff but it's just too ironic.

I smell a rat.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Uhhh.... highly doubt anyone outside of Chicago would have given a shit about a firing in hockey operations. Hell most of the people are bandwagon fans anyways and think McD is somehow ASSociated with the assembling of the team that won the Cup.

If it was just a firing then it would be an afterthought outside of Chicago. But if it was the full blown conspiracy being peddled as fact you bet it would be all over the sports news stations and media outlets.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure what I believe about the whole qualifying offer debate. I'm sure everyone is correct to a certain extent, which is usually the case.

I do believe that McD wanted Tallon out and his own guy in. It seems coincidental that the alleged botched qualifying offers came along at just the right time for McD to make a move before the 'Convention, get Tallon fired, deal with the heat from the additional press at the time, and then move on.

Face it, a couple of weeks after the 'Convention, hardly anyone was talking about Tallon's firing. Most stories don't last that long anyway, but one thing you can say aboot McD, he's an expert in controlling a news cycle.

Again, I'm not necessarily buying that McD orchestrated the whole thing. But I'm not discounting that possibility, either.

But it sure does seem convenient that a gift-wrapped excuse to fire Tallon happen to appear at just the right time.

Tallon seemed to be a provisional scapegoat: If the Hawks won the 'Cup, no one would care about any of this. If they didn't, Tallon and the qualifying offers were a ready excuse.

If I'm the head of a company or an organization and I want to remove a well-liked member of management in favor of my own guy, I want to have some cover for myself.

It seems as that's what McD did.

R K

If it was just a firing then it would be an afterthought outside of Chicago. But if it was the full blown conspiracy being peddled as fact you bet it would be all over the sports news stations and media outlets.

IT was fluff. It was reported by one of the most well known NHL writers out there. Where do you think Mora got it from?

You bring up ESPN which is a joke where Hockey is concerned. Meanwhile TSN talked about it, several hockey analysts talked about it.

Of course they aren't talking about it now it was a LONG time ago and the Hawks won the Cup either way. It's not some new revelation. It's old news. Also every message board discussed this topic in length except one. Which one was that?

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's very interesting to say the least that now an "insider" has come to dispel the theory. No offense Fluff but it's just too ironic.

I smell a rat.

I doubt he's a mole, if that's what you are suggesting. IHN is not a very big fish. Neither is BlackhawkZone or The300Level, for that matter.

He's just got a different opion.

I just wish he would expand on what he knows. He may not want to name names, but his comments are cryptic at best.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:
Not sure what I believe about the whole qualifying offer debate. I'm sure everyone is correct to a certain extent, which is usually the case.

I do believe that McD wanted Tallon out and his own guy in. It seems coincidental that the alleged botched qualifying offers came along at just the right time for McD to make a move before the 'Convention, get Tallon fired, deal with the heat from the additional press at the time, and then move on.

Face it, a couple of weeks after the 'Convention, hardly anyone was talking about Tallon's firing. Most stories don't last that long anyway, but one thing you can say aboot McD, he's an expert in controlling a news cycle.

Again, I'm not necessarily buying that McD orchestrated the whole thing. But I'm not discounting that possibility, either.

But it sure does seem convenient that a gift-wrapped excuse to fire Tallon happen to appear at just the right time.

Tallon seemed to be a provisional scapegoat: If the Hawks won the 'Cup, no one would care about any of this. If they didn't, Tallon and the qualifying offers were a ready excuse.

If I'm the head of a company or an organization and I want to remove a well-liked member of management in favor of my own guy, I want to have some cover for myself.

It seems as that's what McD did.

This describes very well where I am on this whole thing. The QOs may have been intentionally botched, or they may not have been, but the whole thing sure went down in a very timely fashion given the rumors in the few weeks prior that McD and Tallon had been at odds and that McD wanted to fire Tallon. I frankly don't even care if they were botched. The fact remains that the whole fiasco didn't end up costing the Hawks THAT much last year, and that there probably wasn't enough overpayment involved that it cost the Hawks the ability to keep any of the guys they got rid of this past summer. But what it does show is that McD lacked the guts to fire Tallon for the simple reason that he wanted to do so. As Fluff has said a million or two times, McD could have fired Tallon at any time. So why didn't he? Why did he wait to use the QOs as an excuse for the firing? That's what stinks about the whole thing. Did Tallon make mistakes and overpay some guys (i.e., Bolland)? Sure. But McD didn't have the guts to fire him until the QO thing happened and that was a pretty lame excuse to fire the guy, IMO. It's that lack of guts that ticks me off regardless of whether or not the QOs were intentionally botched.

R K

I doubt he's a mole, if that's what you are suggesting. IHN is not a very big fish. Neither is BlackhawkZone or The300Level, for that matter.

He's just got a different opion.

I just wish he would expand on what he knows. He may not want to name names, but his comments are cryptic at best.

I doubt you are correct.