Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I doubt you are correct.

I admit that it's possible. It's just seems kinda small and petty.

I would hope that the CBH wouldn't waste time worrying aboot silly-ass message boards.

But I guess nothing would surprise me.

R K

I admit that it's possible. It's just seems kinda small and petty.

I would hope that the CBH wouldn't waste time worrying aboot silly-ass message boards.

But I guess nothing would surprise me.

I'm on the same train of thought you are, but at the same time it's just too ironic.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm on the same train of thought you are, but at the same time it's just too ironic.

Word. I hope he or she keeps posting.

These type of lively debates on "controversial" topics is what make places like IHN, BHZ, or Stuy's place fun.

BTW: Why did "User" get banned?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Only only absolute fact that can be verified in this thread is that the entire situation from the QOs through Mora went down in a giant clusterfuck, and was handled just plain wrong. And there aren't too many people with enough power to manipulate a situation that ranges from something as simple as QOs on up to members of the media not having their contract renewed. And before you talk shit about Mora decision being separate. HE WAS AND STILL IS BETTER THAN ANYONE CURRENTLY AT THAT STATION. 0 reason not to renew.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Word. I hope he or she keeps posting.

These type of lively debates on "controversial" topics is what make places like IHN, BHZ, or Stuy's place fun.

BTW: Why did "User" get banned?

IMuser?

Let me check. I was unaware that he was booted.

Can't see why.

[edit] He's still here.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Only only absolute fact that can be verified in this thread is that the entire situation from the QOs through Mora went down in a giant clusterfuck, and was handled just plain wrong. And there aren't too many people with enough power to manipulate a situation that ranges from something as simple as QOs on up to members of the media not having their contract renewed. And before you talk shit about Mora decision being separate. HE WAS AND STILL IS BETTER THAN ANYONE CURRENTLY AT THAT STATION. 0 reason not to renew.

Agreed - I liked Josh and obviously he was fired for going forward with this story. But consider this:

- Either he didn't get the memo that the Hawks had an ownership interest in Comcast Sportsnet or he just decided to take the risk and go forward with a story critical of his bosses which is never a good idea. He rolled the dice and lost.

- He engaged in 'gotcha journalism' which seems to be more and more frowned upon these days. This is when the quest to be first with a story trumps the need to get all the facts (i.e. think Dan Rather and the 2004 fiasco he got himself into by running with a story before getting the full story).

supraman

Liked Posts:
Agreed - I liked Josh and obviously he was fired for going forward with this story. But consider this:

- Either he didn't get the memo that the Hawks had an ownership interest in Comcast Sportsnet or he just decided to take the risk and go forward with a story critical of his bosses which is never a good idea. He rolled the dice and lost.

- He engaged in 'gotcha journalism' which seems to be more and more frowned upon these days. This is when the quest to be first with a story trumps the need to get all the facts (i.e. think Dan Rather and the 2004 fiasco he got himself into by running with a story before getting the full story).

Even if they do have a 20% stake in Comcast. Let him speak. Don't rule with the iron fist. Let me paint a picture. I work in purchasing for a healthcare company. The building we work at has a purchasing side and an Accounts Payable side. AP is ran by a manager that uses intimidation, is completely inflexible, and lacks decent people skills. That department has high turn over, low morale, and productivity suffers. In purchasing the boss is a very hands off manager, is very, very flexible and has pretty decent people skills. In this department sure we bitch about pay since it sucks but other than that we are pretty much happy with how the department is managed.

My point is the iron fist approach isn't as effective. Imagine if Josh was allowed to say what he said and kept his job. McDonough might have actually earned some respect from people for not firing him. McDonough fired a successful and popular GM, he should have known people would have started poking around to find out why. Regardless of the official reason given, which was thin as it was. Josh did his journalistic duty and reported a story. Positive or negative of the hawks he reported the story. They did not renew his contract because he did his job. Kinda sad ain't it.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Even if they do have a 20% stake in Comcast. Let him speak. Don't rule with the iron fist. Let me paint a picture. I work in purchasing for a healthcare company. The building we work at has a purchasing side and an Accounts Payable side. AP is ran by a manager that uses intimidation, is completely inflexible, and lacks decent people skills. That department has high turn over, low morale, and productivity suffers. In purchasing the boss is a very hands off manager, is very, very flexible and has pretty decent people skills. In this department sure we bitch about pay since it sucks but other than that we are pretty much happy with how the department is managed.

My point is the iron fist approach isn't as effective. Imagine if Josh was allowed to say what he said and kept his job. McDonough might have actually earned some respect from people for not firing him. McDonough fired a successful and popular GM, he should have known people would have started poking around to find out why. Regardless of the official reason given, which was thin as it was. Josh did his journalistic duty and reported a story. Positive or negative of the hawks he reported the story. They did not renew his contract because he did his job. Kinda sad ain't it.

I want to add something separate to my own drivel. What if Foley would have been fired for ripping the shit out of Karpotsev? That rant was critical of the hawks because the hawks did opt to acquire him. Yet Foley kept his job. Regardless of any other info about Foley, I love him for that rant. Jesus I wish more guys like that spoke so damn bluntly.

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not here so start anything, i just know for a fact that the qualifying offers did not get botched from the business side, and it wasn't Stan or Dale.

I do not want to get into any " i know more than u " shouting match.

i just wanted to say what I know because that is a pretty big and untrue accusation.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with you. But frankly, nobody knows you from Adam and anybody can come on here and say "I know this or that for a fact".

Like right now, I can say i know for a fact you are lying because I worked with the NHL for 11 years. Prove me wrong, see how that works?

I take what anyone says on here with a grain of salt regarding insider info until I see results.

Is the McDoosh conspiracy true? who knows, but it all sure seemed awfully convenient. What I do know is that message board got run with an iron fist once he took over and I got banned for ridiculing McDonough. Not defending the Old Man in anyway, but good lord I had an avatar of him dressed like Osama bin Laden, and he was ripped on incessently and I never saw a single person get banned for it, including myself, but geez, put a hitler stash on McD and your internets get taken away.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
I want to add something separate to my own drivel. What if Foley would have been fired for ripping the shit out of Karpotsev? That rant was critical of the hawks because the hawks did opt to acquire him. Yet Foley kept his job. Regardless of any other info about Foley, I love him for that rant. Jesus I wish more guys like that spoke so damn bluntly.

Foley ripped players, not upper management. If he did he would have been canned by the old man back then. But, also remember, in that Karpotsev rant Foley actuallty praised upper management. Remember this bit --> ....."so kudos to management for trading Karpotsev for anything including a roll of tape....". (that's not an exact quote but best I could do from memory).

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Is the McDoosh conspiracy true? who knows. What I do know is that message board got run with an iron fist once he took over and I got banned for ridiculing McDonough. Not defending the Old Man in anyway, but good lord I had an avatar of him dressed like Osama bin Laden, and he was ripped on incessently and I never saw a single person get banned for it, including myself, but geez, put a hitler stash on McD and your internets get taken away.

You got banned on the o-boards for ripping McD? Wow! Was it that little weasel Kempenaar who did it? I remember he killed the entire NHTA forum because someone complained to McD about a subject line on a header that was actually pretty innocuous if they had read it. I complained to Adam that he overreacted and he went off on me. Yeah it's funny the stuff that we all could post over there a few years ago and now it's censored to the Nth degree.

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You got banned on the o-boards for ripping McD? Wow! Was it that little weasel Kempenaar who did it? I remember he killed the entire NHTA forum because someone complained to McD about a subject line on a header that was actually pretty innocuous if they had read it. I complained to Adam that he overreacted and he went off on me. Yeah it's funny the stuff that we all could post over there a few years ago and now it's censored to the Nth degree.

Seeing as he and KC were the only Mods at the time I assume so since it was KC that unbanned me when I PMed him about it. I just found it disturbing as it was rather minor, and ive done some rotten things in relation to the old man on that board and never so much as been warned.

Some of the mods over there now are quality posters, but I don't know why they waste their time over there other than for the lulz.

I peruse every now and again and get a kick out of the fact they have a thread dedicated to IHN hate and its stealing of their quality posters.

Also, on a side note fluff I don't dislike you. Just saying if we ever find a topic we agree on I can agree away, and conversations would be rather dull if there werent someone to disagree with and banter back and fourth whether the effort is fruitless, which in alot of cases it is, or not.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seeing as he and KC were the only Mods at the time I assume so since it was KC that unbanned me when I PMed him about it. I just found it disturbing as it was rather minor, and ive done some rotten things in relation to the old man on that board and never so much as been warned.

Some of the mods over there now are quality posters, but I don't know why they waste their time over there other than for the lulz.

I peruse every now and again and get a kick out of the fact they have a thread dedicated to IHN hate and its stealing of their quality posters.

Also, on a side note fluff I don't dislike you. Just saying if we ever find a topic we agree on I can agree away, and conversations would be rather dull if there werent someone to disagree with and banter back and fourth whether the effort is fruitless, which in alot of cases it is, or not.

Under which section is that thread?

I haven't been to that site in months but I'd like to read that one.

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread has had over 4000 views. Must be something to the topic.

Lets try and get it to 10,000.

John McDonough fired santa claus, because some presents didnt make it until Dec. 26th.

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Under which section is that thread?

I haven't been to that site in months but I'd like to read that one.

The thread was called "where have all the posters gone" or something like that, its in hawk talk. at about page 2 or 3 of the thread, it just turns into a rant about "the posse" and IHN and claims independant sites such as IHN, Wirtzsucks(Blackhawkzone), etc were "stealing" their good posters.

It actually surprised me with all the Closing of pointless threads, one as unrelated as hawktalk as that was allowed to flourish.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:
This thread has had over 4000 views. Must be something to the topic.

If there really is a thread dedicated to IHN, it'll probably be deleted so nobody comes here to read this thread.
<

(Is there really a thread dedicated to IHN hate? Really?)

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thread was called "where have all the posters gone" or something like that, its in hawk talk. at about page 2 or 3 of the thread, it just turns into a rant about "the posse" and IHN and claims independant sites such as IHN, Wirtzsucks(Blackhawkzone), etc were "stealing" their good posters.

It actually surprised me with all the Closing of pointless threads, one as unrelated as hawktalk as that was allowed to flourish.

If there really is a thread dedicated to IHN, it'll probably be deleted so nobody comes here to read this thread.
<

(Is there really a thread dedicated to IHN hate? Really?)

It is not dedicated to IHN, though the conversation went that way. It was initially questioning why there are so few posters at the beginning of the season. Various extrapolations brought it down that path for a time.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
I am not here so start anything, i just know for a fact that the qualifying offers did not get botched from the business side, and it wasn't Stan or Dale.

I do not want to get into any " i know more than u " shouting match.

i just wanted to say what I know because that is a pretty big and untrue accusation.

Ok, Josh basically said the same thing so whodunit then?

Okay. So you know for a fact that QO's were not botched from a business side, that leaves the hockey side. And if it was not Tallon or Stosh and Dudley was out the door, does not really leave much.

Knowing for a fact that it was not the business side implies you know for a fact exactly where the responsibility lies. So...who is responsible?

MacIssac?

Foley ripped players, not upper management. If he did he would have been canned by the old man back then. But, also remember, in that Karpotsev rant Foley actuallty praised upper management. Remember this bit --> ....."so kudos to management for trading Karpotsev for anything including a roll of tape....". (that's not an exact quote but best I could do from memory).

Not exactly, it was a thinly veiled attack on Mike Smith for even aquiring Karpotsev in the first place. In fact he will still bring that McCabe for Karpo trade from thime to time.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
It's very interesting to say the least that now an "insider" has come to dispel the theory. No offense Fluff but it's just too ironic.

I smell a rat.

A BIG COMMIE RAT

strangelove_wideweb__430x284.jpg