Mora's blog and McPimp

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Okay, when I read the bolded portion I swear I thought you were saying he ate half of the baby.

That was this other time. He was driving down LSD on LSD in a stolen police SUV eating babies with Ketchup.... It's Chicago people. Who puts Ketchup on babies.... Mustard only.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was this other time. He was driving down LSD on LSD in a stolen police SUV eating babies with Ketchup.... It's Chicago people. Who puts Ketchup on babies.... Mustard only.

This would make a great Haiku.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
For once Kerfuffle is right with this one. If you get two in a day, you get a cookie.

Being demoted after taking a team to the WCF is not the same as not having your contract renewed for being a good reporter. If we want to go apples to apples and all.

R K

For once Kerfuffle is right with this one. If you get two in a day, you get a cookie.

I don't see how. The Hawks own 20% of Comcast Chicago. So that would be even worse is that someone in the Organization used their "influence" to get someone removed.

Nice. Mcdonough was not Mora's boss. Far from it.

supraman

Liked Posts:
I don't see how. The Hawks own 20% of Comcast Chicago. So that would be even worse is that someone in the Organization used their "influence" to get someone removed.

Nice. Mcdonough was not Mora's boss. Far from it.

What I meant was that Tallon being reassigned = fired and Mora's contract not being renewed = fired. I don't for a second doubt that McD called the Prez of CSN-Chicago and told him to get rid of the problem or something like that. I don't like McD as president. I hope he gets promoted to Marketing Director of the NHL because love or hate the guy he's pretty good at marketing.

R K

What I meant was that Tallon being reassigned = fired and Mora's contract not being renewed = fired. I don't for a second doubt that McD called the Prez of CSN-Chicago and told him to get rid of the problem or something like that. I don't like McD as president. I hope he gets promoted to Marketing Director of the NHL because love or hate the guy he's pretty good at marketing.

I agree 100%. I would not work for him for any amount of money but that said he is good at "Marketing".

Although it's not hard to Market a product like he walked into either. It's not like they were poised to win the Stanley Cup or anything.

But you have to give him credit for the Winter Classic. And bringing all his "media" relations from the Flubs. No doubt that's where Dan Rohn and the boys came tail wagging.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

I don't doubt it happened at all. And I'm sure some sort of arrangement was made but I still don't quite get how the station itself could let something like this happen? Especially from a team president and not Rocky himself. McD own exactly 20% of jackshit in CSN. All he could do is restrict access to the team which would hurt the station and in turn hurt the team. The baffling thing to me in all of this is that the station let a guy who seemingly has no real control over what they do, force a personnel move, and a horrible one at that, upon the station. What happens if the president, VP, whatever, tells him to go fuck himself? I guess McD could restrict players for promos and interviews and things like that, but that would hurt the team and the station, which like I said would hurt the team again, not to mention the other stakeholders who would have to step in and do something. 20% is not a majority share, and for them to be able to make such moves that affect a station should not be taken lightly. What happens if the Bulls win the championship this year and their commentators start making fun of the hawks for their day in the sun being short lived, or they still have 3 more to catch up to the hawks, or something stupid like that. McD gonna try to start influencing things beyond his grasp too? I blame the station itself most for them losing Mora. It's just... no words for the BS that it is.

R K

interesting Mass.

Shame no one will probably ever know. In either situation, this or Tallon.

Ulitmately they won the Cup, but there is something about having integrity that botheres me. With the old man people may not have like him, and for some really valid reasons, but when you spoke with him you knew he really felt what he was doing was the right thing. He never told you want you "wanted" to hear verses what was really going to happen.

Integrity.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
interesting Mass.

Shame no one will probably ever know. In either situation, this or Tallon.

Ulitmately they won the Cup, but there is something about having integrity that botheres me. With the old man people may not have like him, and for some really valid reasons, but when you spoke with him you knew he really felt what he was doing was the right thing. He never told you want you "wanted" to hear verses what was really going to happen.

Integrity.

Certain things just ooze mishandling and red flags, and that's no way to treat people and run a business. For an organization that was building a great core when he got here, to have such high turnover in all management positions is very interesting.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Now I'm convinced that you're here solely to create circular threads. In the post to which I responded, you said there was no "apples to apples" comparison between Tallon and Mora. But it was clear that the post that elicited your response was comparing Foley and Mora. But whatever.

RK is right -- Mora never ripped anyone. He simply reported a story and everything he has said since he was let go indicates that he's not going to portray McD as the bad guy. That doesn't quite jibe with your claim that he was rightly fired for criticizing his "boss."

Of course, nothing really ever jibes with anything you say. Facts simply don't seem to register with you on any front. Ever.

Oh, and the Pahlsson for Wiz deal STILL is a good one, even in hindsight.
<

Supraman was pointing out that Foley criticizing Karpotsev (and indirectly Smith) was the same situation as Mora criticizing McD - Foley NOT getting fired for criticizing management, but Mora getting fired for criticizing management. To that I responded I didn't see this as an apples-to-applies comparison. And you responded with "Um . . . I'm pretty sure the comparison was between Mora and Foley, not Tallon and Foley. Tallon didn't rip anybody as far as I know. " The problem is no one was discussing Tallon nor did anyone say Tallon was ripping anybody. We were discussing the comparison of Mora to Foley. You didn't read and just reacted.

R K

I think if I count right there are four remaining employees from the old regime.

Could be five. MemberJ should be able to confirm that.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if I count right there are four remaining employees from the old regime.

Could be five. MemberJ should be able to confirm that.

If not for the fan support, Frank would have been out very quickly.

Not sure if that was a Mcd decision or not. It seems that it was when Rocky got in... so this post may be moot.