Mora's blog and McPimp

R K

Hey Eric why don't you clean your your PM box?

I was just going to post it.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Part two is very interesting.

He exonerates the Blackhawks in his firing.

No matter what anyone thinks about McD, you've got to take Josh at his word on this if you are going to accept everything else he has written.

R K

I'm not quite sure I read it that way. More he believes they had no part in it, or they said they did not. As a whole there is no doubt they had a problem with the story. And moved on that problem.

I take Josh at his word and what he may or may not believe. I'm also still not sure he truly believes that PJ.

And he was not fired. His contract was not renewed. There is a difference.

Very interesting none the less.

And if you read the preceding paragraphs he suggest there is more he's not writing about. So I still believe there is more he's not letting out of the bag.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only thing I inferred on that is that management members of the 'hawks probably were cordial to his face but behind closed doors panned him for it and someone got at his bos at CSN Chicago.

Granted, no truth in what I say, just a gut feeling. After all, this is management we're dealing with, and their type of diplomacy is saying "Nice Doggy" while searching for a brick.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
what Phil Bedella did was to send the blog directly to an executive at the Blackhawks with a note that essentially said, “We just reported something on our website that you won’t like”.

From the onset it appears that Josh was being thrown under the proverbial bus and if the Blackhawks had no issue with Josh, why would they give him great recommendations? After they supposedly had no issues with his reporting of the facts then why (as partial owners of Comcast) didn't the Blackhawks support

Josh and fight for him to stay at Comcast?

A devil can look you in straight in the eye and still lie to you.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yet, it's still possible that, as Josh states, that the Hawks had nothing to do with his firing. (Sorry--Lack of renewal)

My guess, which is as good as anyone else's, is that someone at CSN was attempting to curry favor with McD by not renewing Josh, thinking that's what he wanted. Whether it is what he wanted, no one will ever know.

The Blackhawks had no reason to go to bat for Josh Mora.....Not sure why they should be expected to.

Not that I want anyone to agree with me....This thread would be no fun at all withoot blind McD hatred.

R K

To some it is blind............

Or blind ignorance on the reverse.

<

R K

Too deep for me. I think it's probably pretty close to the middle, leaning towards the dislike for apparently some very good, factual, issues.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To some it is blind............

Maybe. All I have to go on is what Josh said in his blog.

He must have figured his true meaning would need to be interpreted here.

How sporting of him!

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe. All I have to go on is what Josh said in his blog.

He must have figured his true meaning would need to be interpreted here.

How sporting of him!

1 + 1 does not always equal two?

Because McD surrounds himself with those that are loyal to him would it be a surprise to some that he would look people in the eye and tell them something that they do not mean at all and the staff around him respond the same way? There is enough wiggle room in JM's post to leave some reading between the lines IMO. Knowing that managing with an iron fist is in place I find it hard to believe the innocence portrayed. My concern on this matter may be my belief but the impression of some individuals is based on fact.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thus with the non renewal of Josh, I would have expected the replacement to be equal or an improvement. Chris Boden, not terrible but they should have done better.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel McD is an ego maniac and all about marketing/image.

Even a hint at a fault would make him bring out his claws.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Interesting to see Mora exonerate McD. As puckjim stated, it sounds more like a boss at Comcast was trying to curry favor with the Hawks by not renewing Mora. One thing I would have done if McD is figure out which staff members have a direct view of the office room where the meeting took place. Since Mora was told that Tallon left the meeting early and in an angry manner, whoever told Mora that obviously had a direct view of the door Tallon came out of. That's a great lead to find out who leaked the story - you can't have your staff breaking confidentiality and sharing internal things like this with the outside media.