Mora's blog and McPimp

supraman

Liked Posts:
RK already does that, and has won 3 awards.

Next...

Alright so ban RK, and take his place it is then! RK you are going down!

jason.gif

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Just because you write a blog here once every two years doesn't mean you are qualified for anything.

Well maybe if I was more qualified I'd write more than once every two years! So there....

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
This thread is getting too friendly for my tastes. So, to everyone posting:

5dd3bc97a6f6.gif

supraman

Liked Posts:
Just because you write a blog here once every two years doesn't mean you are qualified for anything.

Shit there's writing involved I'm out.
threadjacked.gif

I just wanted to use that icon.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
I've read the article - several times. I think everyone but you understood what I meant. Mora reporting that story was a direct attack on McD - why do you think he was fired?

What colour is the sky in your world?

5,143 views on a topic is impressive

Eh, maybe if there were a way to track unique views. I've clicked this thing at least 10 times today alone.

R K

What colour is the sky in your world?

Eh, maybe if there were a way to track unique views. I've clicked this thing at least 10 times today alone.

Yea I'm not sure how that works. I'm going to dive in and find out though. I came in and left a couple of times to check and the views did not change.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was this other time. He was driving down LSD on LSD in a stolen police SUV eating babies with Ketchup.... It's Chicago people. Who puts Ketchup on babies.... Mustard only.

Aliotta, Haynes, and Jeremiah? One hit wonders.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This describes very well where I am on this whole thing. The QOs may have been intentionally botched, or they may not have been, but the whole thing sure went down in a very timely fashion given the rumors in the few weeks prior that McD and Tallon had been at odds and that McD wanted to fire Tallon. I frankly don't even care if they were botched. The fact remains that the whole fiasco didn't end up costing the Hawks THAT much last year, and that there probably wasn't enough overpayment involved that it cost the Hawks the ability to keep any of the guys they got rid of this past summer. But what it does show is that McD lacked the guts to fire Tallon for the simple reason that he wanted to do so. As Fluff has said a million or two times, McD could have fired Tallon at any time. So why didn't he? Why did he wait to use the QOs as an excuse for the firing? That's what stinks about the whole thing. Did Tallon make mistakes and overpay some guys (i.e., Bolland)? Sure. But McD didn't have the guts to fire him until the QO thing happened and that was a pretty lame excuse to fire the guy, IMO. It's that lack of guts that ticks me off regardless of whether or not the QOs were intentionally botched.

Is it possible to further derail an already derailed thread? Let me give it a try.

Don't put the Bolland contract squarely on Tallon's shoulders. Prior to that contract, the Bruins signed David Krecji in the same ballpark(And no Kerfluffle, I'm not talking about Fenway). Krecji was similar terms, maybe a bit more. Also, prior to the contract there was an article which indicated the swelling Scotty Bowman had in his pants when Bolland was discussed.

memberj

Liked Posts:
I think if I count right there are four remaining employees from the old regime.

Could be five. MemberJ should be able to confirm that.

I'm not sure how many are still left. I know about 4 or 5 people who worked there before the regime change and are still there.

But I do not believe there are more than a handful.

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea I'm not sure how that works. I'm going to dive in and find out though. I came in and left a couple of times to check and the views did not change.

I dont know if the site software is capable, but you could write the code to check the IP, each time the thread is clicked and if its new, record it as a new view, if the IP is already logged, ignore it.

EDIT:

Looks like it is already doing that, but it probably only stores that information for a day. I don't know where it stores it, but keeping a static database to store such trivial data as IP's logged to a specific thread when you think in terms of all the threads on the site could be alot of resource allocation. So it probably keeps a dynamic tally throughout the day, then dumps it, or a new view could require a completely new connection to the site or log out/login theres alot of variables that could be in play.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Is it possible to further derail an already derailed thread? Let me give it a try.

Don't put the Bolland contract squarely on Tallon's shoulders. Prior to that contract, the Bruins signed David Krecji in the same ballpark(And no Kerfluffle, I'm not talking about Fenway). Krecji was similar terms, maybe a bit more. Also, prior to the contract there was an article which indicated the swelling Scotty Bowman had in his pants when Bolland was discussed.

At the time Bolland was not over paid for his projected position. 2nd line center. If Dave would have got to that spot and did well there his paycheck would have been justified. As a 3rd line center bolly is over paid by 1.5 mil.