Mora's blog and McPimp

supraman

Liked Posts:
Foley ripped players, not upper management. If he did he would have been canned by the old man back then. But, also remember, in that Karpotsev rant Foley actuallty praised upper management. Remember this bit --> ....."so kudos to management for trading Karpotsev for anything including a roll of tape....". (that's not an exact quote but best I could do from memory).

And who brought in these players? The GM right? So criticism of players is kinda like criticism of the guys that signed the players.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Lets try and get it to 10,000.

John McDonough fired santa claus, because some presents didnt make it until Dec. 26th.

I heard McD once stole candy from a baby, shit on it, ate half of it, then gave it back to the kid.

In that order.

My 30 year old ass has worked for the NHL for 54 years, and I know people. This is a fact.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
Well, I've been in the city since I was two, and I certainly wouldn't say that I was stuck in a rut...stuck in a rut...stuck in a rut...stuck in a rut...stuck in a rut...

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
And who brought in these players? The GM right? So criticism of players is kinda like criticism of the guys that signed the players.

Yes although it wasn't blatent - you had to read between the lines a bit with Foley's rant. And he covered himself by praising management in the same rant - giving them kudos for ridding the organization of Karpotsev. So I don't see it on the same playing field as Mora ripping McD.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Yes although it wasn't blatent - you had to read between the lines a bit with Foley's rant. And he covered himself by praising management in the same rant - giving them kudos for ridding the organization of Karpotsev. So I don't see it on the same playing field as Mora ripping McD.

Blatent or not management was ripped. My point is before McD club criticisized nothing happened, with McD club criticisized, guy sent packing.

R K

Did you even read the fucking blog? No where in there does "MORA RIP MCDONOUGH"! Quite the contrary he "mora" since you didn't read the fucking article, says he does not agree with how the story was reported on the QO's.

At no time did he once rip Mcdonough.

Man in your simple world you create shit to make your point sound better. Unlike TSD Fluff, I do not like you.

R K

Blatent or not management was ripped. My point is before McD club criticisized nothing happened, with McD club criticisized, guy sent packing.

And that guy, MORA, never even said he tended to agree with the Boston Globe reporter, yet was just reporting the story.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:

I just don't see this as an apples-to-apples comparison as you are. Mora stating McD secretly held up the contracts to fire Tallon is not on the same level as Foley ripping Karpotsev while at the same time praising management (and a dig at Smith through the lines).

R K

I just don't see this as an apples-to-apples comparison as you are. Mora stating McD secretly held up the contracts to fire Tallon is not on the same level as Foley ripping Karpotsev while at the same time praising management (and a dig at Smith through the lines).

READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE!!!! Mora did NOT suggest that. He reported on someone ELSE who suggested it. MORA himself clearly stays towards the center of the issue, and even goes as far to say he doesn't believe that would be possilbe.

You are posting opinions in a thread where it's quite fucking clear you never even read the blog on the thread. OI VEY! You wonder why very few people even want to read the shit you type. Well there you go.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Did you even read the fucking blog? No where in there does "MORA RIP MCDONOUGH"! Quite the contrary he "mora" since you didn't read the fucking article, says he does not agree with how the story was reported on the QO's.

At no time did he once rip Mcdonough.

Man in your simple world you create shit to make your point sound better. Unlike TSD Fluff, I do not like you.

I've read the article - several times. I think everyone but you understood what I meant. Mora reporting that story was a direct attack on McD - why do you think he was fired?

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:

Um . . . I'm pretty sure the comparison was between Mora and Foley, not Tallon and Foley. Tallon didn't rip anybody as far as I know.

R K

I've read the article - several times. I think everyone but you understood what I meant. Mora reporting that story was a direct attack on McD - why do you think he was fired?

It was not an attack on Mcdonough. It was a reporter, reporting a story. No one here understands you Wiz. Thats the fucking problem.

Again at no time did this article suggest an attack on Mcdonough.

Go back to where you came from.

Oh and he wasn't fired. MOra that is. He was not renewed. Because had he been FIRED then the Law Suit would have arrisen.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Um . . . I'm pretty sure the comparison was between Mora and Foley, not Tallon and Foley. Tallon didn't rip anybody as far as I know.

Huh? Go back and re-read my post - I didn't say Tallon ripped anybody.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:
I heard McD once stole candy from a baby, shit on it, ate half of it, then gave it back to the kid.

In that order.

My 30 year old ass has worked for the NHL for 54 years, and I know people. This is a fact.

Okay, when I read the bolded portion I swear I thought you were saying he ate half of the baby.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
It was not an attack on Mcdonough. It was a reporter, reporting a story. No one here understands you Wiz. Thats the fucking problem.

Again at no time did this article suggest an attack on Mcdonough.

Go back to where you came from.

Oh and he wasn't fired. MOra that is. He was not renewed. Because had he been FIRED then the Law Suit would have arrisen.

That's a technicality and you know it. He was canned. For the record, Tallon wasn't fired either - he was 'reassigned'. But everyone here knows that means he was fired.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:
Huh? Go back and re-read my post - I didn't say Tallon ripped anybody.

Now I'm convinced that you're here solely to create circular threads. In the post to which I responded, you said there was no "apples to apples" comparison between Tallon and Mora. But it was clear that the post that elicited your response was comparing Foley and Mora. But whatever.

RK is right -- Mora never ripped anyone. He simply reported a story and everything he has said since he was let go indicates that he's not going to portray McD as the bad guy. That doesn't quite jibe with your claim that he was rightly fired for criticizing his "boss."

Of course, nothing really ever jibes with anything you say. Facts simply don't seem to register with you on any front. Ever.

Oh, and the Pahlsson for Wiz deal STILL is a good one, even in hindsight.
<

R K

That's a technicality and you know it. He was canned. For the record, Tallon wasn't fired either - he was 'reassigned'. But everyone here knows that means he was fired.

He was not fired in fear of the lawsuit that would have followed for wrongful Dismissal. Which, Illinois is a Right to Work State so I'm not sure how much leeway Mora would have had.

Everyone here agrees on many things. You being one of them.

R K

Now I'm convinced that you're here solely to create circular threads. In the post to which I responded, you said there was no "apples to apples" comparison between Tallon and Mora. But it was clear that the post that elicited your response was comparing Foley and Mora. But whatever.

RK is right -- Mora never ripped anyone. He simply reported a story and everything he has said since he was let go indicates that he's not going to portray McD as the bad guy. That doesn't quite jibe with your claim that he was rightly fired for criticizing his "boss."

Of course, nothing really ever jibes with anything you say. Facts simply don't seem to register with you on any front. Ever.

Oh, and the Pahlsson for Wiz deal STILL is a good one, even in hindsight.
<

Yup and his time has about come to an end.

supraman

Liked Posts:

For once Kerfuffle is right with this one. If you get two in a day, you get a cookie.