Mora's blog and McPimp

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It did not cost them millions more.

As for what you think about Josh, not knowing anyone involved, your opinion is flat out fucking wrong. I can tell you for FACT it is. Josh is not spinning a fucking thing. Only the extremely ignorant fans would think that.

Amen RK

Josh isn't spinning anything. He is getting all his legal ducks in a row before he names names about his situation. There are two people here, possibly 3, who can name the names of the people involved in the QO situation. 1 person (possible a second) knows which guys were going to sign for less that summer, but after the "re-assignment" didn't. The NHL job descriptions tell you who is responsible for getting the paperwork out. Josh has already confirmed that Tallon was terribly ill and not even in the office when they were to be Fed Ex'd.

The thing about the truth is, it doesn't care if you believe it or not. It can stand on it's own, and it always has a way of surfacing.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you read between the lines and are paying attention, it is threads like this that separate this board from others including the main one.

1- Because certain information would have been deleted by now.

2- It appears that there are those here who know information that you just don't get without knowing people. Many ASS U ME but some actually know.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
If you read between the lines and are paying attention, it is threads like this that separate this board from others including the main one.

1- Because certain information would have been deleted by now.

2- It appears that there are those here who know information that you just don't get without knowing people. Many ASS U ME but some actually know.

Good to have you back.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Thing is, Fuffle, if there's one thing I gathered about the unwritten rules of the business side of hockey from those more-in-the-know that I am, it's that you don't move out a GM ith the hockey background that Tallon has for no apparent reason just to put a yes-man in his position--especially if you're not a hockey man.

And McD is not a hockey man.

So could I see McD, a marketing guy, pulling something like this. Yes. And Eruns is right...we would have spent to the cap anyway, last year was the year to do it all.

But consider this - why wouldn't McD just announce that he was making a change due to philisophical differences in opinion? He could have put a positive spin on it to the press, thanked Tallon for his service and dedication to the organization, thanked Dale for leading them to the WCF, but then add something to the effect of "in order to take the next step forward toward our ultimate goal of winning a championship I believe a change was necessary". And leave it at that. Teams use that excuse all the time as a nice way of sugarcoating it. I just don't see why he would purposely spend the time and energy on this elaborate scheme behind the scenes - he also had no way of knowing if Tallon would call him out on that which would have been really messy. Think about it.

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But consider this - why wouldn't McD just announce that he was making a change due to philisophical differences in opinion? He could have put a positive spin on it to the press, thanked Tallon for his service and dedication to the organization, thanked Dale for leading them to the WCF, but then add something to the effect of "in order to take the next step forward toward our ultimate goal of winning a championship I believe a change was necessary". And leave it at that. Teams use that excuse all the time as a nice way of sugarcoating it. I just don't see why he would purposely spend the time and energy on this elaborate scheme behind the scenes - he also had no way of knowing if Tallon would call him out on that which would have been really messy. Think about it.

That Fluff, is what he should have done, but didn't.

R K

To a guy who just took this team to the Western Conference Finals for the first time in almost a Decade and a Half? Really?

He needed a reason. He made one up. It wasn't even Josh Mora who reported it in the first place. It was one of the most reputable NHL HOCKEY WRITERS in the Country. A person that has MANY avenues DEEP inside MOST NHL Organizations.

You don't have a clue. You know no one involved. There are several people here who DO know people involved. Haven't you figured that out yet?

Go back where you came from, please. Spare us all.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Tallon wouldn't have called him out anyway, it's not the kind of person he is. It seems like he cared too much about the team (the actual players) to let his "departure" become even more of a distraction than it already was.

R K

Tallon wouldn't have called him out anyway, it's not the kind of person he is. It seems like he cared too much about the team (the actual players) to let his "departure" become even more of a distraction than it already was.

100% correct, but Dudley most certainly called Mcdonough out. Twice that I know of.

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To a guy who just took this team to the Western Conference Finals for the first time in almost a Decade and a Half? Really?

He needed a reason. He made one up. It wasn't even Josh Mora who reported it in the first place. It was one of the most reputable NHL HOCKEY WRITERS in the Country. A person that has MANY avenues DEEP inside MOST NHL Organizations.

You don't have a clue. You know no one involved. There are several people here who DO know people involved. Haven't you figured that out yet?

Go back where you came from, please. Spare us all.

I enjoy when you have had enough. There is no telling someone who wants to believe McDummy the best thing since sliced bread.
<

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:

I think it's a Nixonian quirk of McDonough's -- he simply felt the need to create some justification. It's not rational; it simply is.

Even as it was, with the QO "justification," the firing of Tallon was completely frowned upon by the NHL community, if the ESPN Magazine cover story from the beginning of last season is to be believed. The NHL community apparently hated the way Tallon, a loyal soldier of the Hawks, was let go and they fully blamed McDonough for the way things went down.

IMO, and it's only my opinion, McDonough has his eye on one day being the commissioner of the NHL. I don't know if it'll happen but I think he felt if he gave himself some cover, the firing of Tallon wouldn't go over as badly or make him look as terrible in the eyes of the NHL community (which is very tight-knit). I also think he figured Tallon was loyal enough to the Hawks that Tallon would never, ever blab about what really happened because he wouldn't want to hurt the team or "his" players by making any comments -- and thus far he hasn't said much of anything.

It might not make any rational sense, but I don't see the thing as far-fetched at all.

E Runs

Liked Posts:

That Fluff, is what he should have done, but didn't.

Which is why, on face value, I don't blame people like Kerfuffle for finding this stuff unbelievable. I mean it is pretty outrageous when you think aboot it. Like Fan says, the secinaro presented above it what should have happened. The fact it didn't really speaks to McDonough's paranoia IMO.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:

I wouldn't have gone down that way - firing is one thing - but to have someone manipulate something behind the scenes purposely and then blame me for it - I'd never take that sitting still. I don't see why Dale would either. That would also be a risky assumption by McD that he could pull this off and Tallon would just go away quietly without saying a word.

R K

Which is why, on face value, I don't blame people like Kerfuffle for finding this stuff unbelievable. I mean it is pretty outrageous when you think aboot it. Like Fan says, the secinaro presented above it what should have happened. The fact it didn't really speaks to McDonough's paranoia IMO.

I just don't know where to go with that. I guess those people don't follow this team or the other team Mcdonough was with very much then. It's not like these are mass secrets or anything. I guess if your completely blind.

Again I go back to guys like Steve Stone, Soriano, and Fuckyoudome and Rest my Case.

Then you can add guys like Josh Mora, Cristohole Huet, and my god they look earily similar.

The only difference is Tallon built a team that could win the Cup regaurdless of the guy trying to flex is mass marketing muscles.

R K

I wouldn't have gone down that way - firing is one thing - but to have someone manipulate something behind the scenes purposely and then blame me for it - I'd never take that sitting still. I don't see why Dale would either. That would also be a risky assumption by McD that he could pull this off and Tallon would just go away quietly without saying a word.

Because you don't know Dale Tallon.

Funny Savard has never spoken out either. They wear the Indian Head and have bled doing so. Of course they wouldn't say anything.

You ever hear Mikita publicly blast Pulford? When in reality Pulford ended Mikita's career as a Hawk early? No, you don't.

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And don't kid yourself Fluf, McMonkey and his minions tried to take credit for the Cup winning team. What they didn't count on, is the International Press calling the bullshit card on them, and giving the man who actually deserved the credit his due. From that point on, the McMarketer had no choice but to acknowledge Tallon. To do anything less would be to expose himself to the masses for what he really is. But for some reason, I think you already know that.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
I just don't know where to go with that. I guess those people don't follow this team or the other team Mcdonough was with very much then. It's not like these are mass secrets or anything. I guess if your completely blind.

Again I go back to guys like Steve Stone, Soriano, and Fuckyoudome and Rest my Case.

Then you can add guys like Josh Mora, Cristohole Huet, and my god they look earily similar.

The only difference is Tallon built a team that could win the Cup regaurdless of the guy trying to flex is mass marketing muscles.

Follow with the same furvor most of us on here do? Probably not, that's why I said "on the surface". Sure when you start digging a lil and connecting dots (if one were to care enough to do) it becomes more apparent. It's so obvious to you because, knowing the people you do, are emotionally invested.

To twist your prespective: Many people in and around the Cubs have stated those were doled out on a mandate from Tribune Tower in order to increase the value of the franchise which they knew would be up for sale soon. Contracts like that would have been given no matter who the Pres was at the time.

I'm really not arguing or trying to pick a fight here, I'm just saying what went down is so crazy to comprehend to the "untrained eye" I don't blame people for not believing it at first. What happened its fucking coo coo after all! Now saying all that, after being "shown the light" you can only lead a horse to water....

R K

Yea but certain people have been around long enough to know better. I do understand where you are coming from.

R K

And don't kid yourself Fluf, McMonkey and his minions tried to take credit for the Cup winning team. What they didn't count on, is the International Press calling the bullshit card on them, and giving the man who actually deserved the credit his due. From that point on, the McMarketer had no choice but to acknowledge Tallon. To do anything less would be to expose himself to the masses for what he really is. But for some reason, I think you already know that.

That's what irritates me.

Dudley was quite clear on what was going on.

If I quote correctly it went something like "Mcdonough was becoming more and more involved with ON ICE HOCKEY OPERATIONS". Dudley has built or helped to build TWO STANLEY CUP CHAMPS in less than a decade with TWO different NHL Organizations, I'm quite sure he knows what he's doing.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuffle: For reasons that RK pretty much said--Tallon pretty much rectified all of his post-lockout mistakes, drafted some very good talent, and brought the team under continuous improvement. He wnt from near-last to just out of the playoffs to WCF exit. Anyone with half a brain would say that "philiopical differences" at that point are moot; 1-2 years on the same progression (in our case one), and we should reach the Cup. It's not like we were a Canucks/Sharks; we weren't a perennial playoff contender who just couldn't make the next step. Further, like I said. McDonough and Bowman the Younger are not hockey guys; McD is a marketer and Bowman the Younger is business. Tallon was a hockey guy and no hockey fan/writer/reporter worth their salt would think that anyone else but Tallon was the reason for success.

As such, even if McD made such an announcement, it would be patently obvious that there was philisophical differences and it would come down in the minds of hockey people/fans everywhere that it as the philosophy of a guy who's been all round the game his entire career and has shown some impressive success vs. the philosophy of a guy who successfully marketed a perennial loser out of obscurity, yet the team itself never won.

And that would harken back to the Pullfordian era which is exactly what McDonough wouldn't want.