Cristobal+Huet+hockeyFribourg+Gotteron-Gerald-Metroz_71421_.jpeg

pure awesome.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That goalie stick helps him shoot at the walls of heartache.

R K

Well I can say one thing for sure you would not find this thread on the O's. It would have been removed. Why would it have been removed? Because someone would not like it if it were there.

And before someone says bullshit it was already REMOVED several times. That original blog was posted over there about four times and promptly removed.

I called him McSnake, which I believe is true, and even that comment was removed. I was told it was a violation of the COC and not by a Mod mind you. So it's not ok to call a PUBLIC FUCKING FIGURE names.

Yea, my ass.

supraman

Liked Posts:
But consider this - why wouldn't McD just announce that he was making a change due to philisophical differences in opinion? He could have put a positive spin on it to the press, thanked Tallon for his service and dedication to the organization, thanked Dale for leading them to the WCF, but then add something to the effect of "in order to take the next step forward toward our ultimate goal of winning a championship I believe a change was necessary". And leave it at that. Teams use that excuse all the time as a nice way of sugarcoating it. I just don't see why he would purposely spend the time and energy on this elaborate scheme behind the scenes - he also had no way of knowing if Tallon would call him out on that which would have been really messy. Think about it.

Philosophical differences weren't enough to get the fans to take it. Go ahead fire the guy that built the powerhouse team that was poised to win the cup and say it was because you didn't see eye to eye. The fans would simple think that McPimp should have seen it Tallon's way because Tallon's team was putting up the Ws. I'm still pissed we don't have Tallon. I really liked Tallon as a GM and I think with him at the helm we would be the next detroit because of his scouting talents. we might still get there but I liked our odds better with dale over scooter.

Give Dale 5 years and the panthers (barring the owners screwing him) will be a good solid playoff team.

R K

Jako can you have someone make that picture smaller for you? I hate to have to ignore you because of your sig picture!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
BUT when McDonough (and company) tried to take the credit for the win, the International Press called the bullshit card on him, and gave the credit to Dale. Thus, a fail for McD. He still looks bad, and will never really ever be able to shake the Tallon story from his "legacy".

McDouche didn't count on this though, he thought it might slip through the cracks.

Oh how I would love to sit down with McDouche and read through this thread.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Fluf, EVERYONE in the NHL knows that it is the responsibility of the Asst GM to make sure all the paperwork is filed and sent correctly and on time. Apparently you missed that part of the story. Did you also know that the GM and the Asst GM SHARED a secretary? Don't you find it even MILDLY curious that Tallon, who was an Asst GM prior to being GM, and had filed all the paperwork ON TIME for the years prior to being GM, would SUDDENLY, knowing that the President is looking to fire you, (which was no secret to anyone) FORGET to file the paperwork on time? It wasn't his job to get them out, but he took responsibility for the ineptitude of the secretary and his assistant GM. Which, IMO (and a few other's) was calculated anyway by someone who wanted the job. BTW, according to the NHLPA, the QOs have to be fed ex'd, so they should never have gone to the mail room in the first place.

I hear ya but the Asst GM reports to the GM - the GM is still the boss - and the boss has the ultimate accountability. Even if Stan junior fucked it up Dale is still on the hook for it - why would you not hold him accountable at all for this? And when you said above that Dale always sent them out on time and why would he miss it this time - I agree that is suspicous - but knowing McD is looking to fire him you would think he would make even more sure that this got done and confirmed it. Point I'm trying to make here is you have to hold Tallon accountable still - he is the boss and responsible for this even if the job title says his asst GM or secretary is supposed to do it - they still report up through him - the buck stops with him. Aside from McD doing something sneaky like hiding the contracts or telling the kid in the mailroom not to send them out the finger still points to Dale. I know that's not the way you see it but that's the way I do. And for the record, I do like Dale very much, I'm not trying to trash him but rather just pointing out how I would handle it as well. I have staff and managers that report to me and if a big deliverable is missed believe me I'm not just holding the junior staff guy accountable for it but also his manager for not checking and verifying it was done.

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hear ya but the Asst GM reports to the GM - the GM is still the boss - and the boss has the ultimate accountability. Even if Stan junior fucked it up Dale is still on the hook for it - why would you not hold him accountable at all for this? And when you said above that Dale always sent them out on time and why would he miss it this time - I agree that is suspicous - but knowing McD is looking to fire him you would think he would make even more sure that this got done and confirmed it. Point I'm trying to make here is you have to hold Tallon accountable still - he is the boss and responsible for this even if the job title says his asst GM or secretary is supposed to do it - they still report up through him - the buck stops with him. Aside from McD doing something sneaky like hiding the contracts or telling the kid in the mailroom not to send them out the finger still points to Dale. I know that's not the way you see it but that's the way I do. And for the record, I do like Dale very much, I'm not trying to trash him but rather just pointing out how I would handle it as well. I have staff and managers that report to me and if a big deliverable is missed believe me I'm not just holding the junior staff guy accountable for it but also his manager for not checking and verifying it was done.

Then what are you supposed to do when your staff tells you they have done it? Not believe them? There was nothing DT could have done to prevent what they did to him. zippo, nada, nothing. No matter how much you want the buck to stop with him, it lies in someone else's lap

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I work a job that is similar in the project manager/team member situation and deadlines. Were all grown fucking adults, your boss should be able to take you on your word. Anyhow, its unheard of for me, for the Project Manager to take the fall completely on his own in a situation where something like this does occur. In a situation if anyone got fired, in my line of work it would be the developer and the project manager would probably get reprimanded not fired.

Its not the least bit odd to you that the GM gets fired and the one who orchestrated the fuck up gets promoted? You are looking at this from a completely philosphical view that isnt based in reality. Regardless of whether the GM is ultimately responsible HE ISNT THE ONE THAT FUCKED UP.

Im not saying Dale isn't ultimately responsible, but really, i wish the real world worked how you say it does, because whenever I am not managing a project, i can just fuck off, and possibly get PROMOTED to his position when my PM gets canned for it, see how stupid that sounds?

Again im not saying the Boss shouldn't get punished, but its rather hilarious you see nothing odd about the underling the boss was supposed to be checking up on fucked up, and not only didnt get punished, but got promoted for it, thats not the way it works in my business.

I bounce all over the place from team lead to team member and there have been fuckups and miscues aplenty and have never seen events take place like they did with Dale, I have never ONCE seen a PM or Team Lead fired for a team members ineptitude EVER and its even more foriegn to me that that team member would get promoted to the fired team lead/PM's position upon that persons firing.

R K

It sure was awful convenient. Especially just after the team he built, some by default, went to the Western Conference Finals. Dales players were certainly behind him. Each and every one. Just look to the picture of the sign for that one.

Either way it's over and done. Those that care, will. Those that don't, or think they believe something other, with the tangible facts out there, so be it.

No Dale Tallon = No CUP.