CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In all fairness to Fluff, most people could give a rat's ass about what happened to Dale Tallon.

Especially those that are not as into this team as much as many here are.

EG: I could give a rat's ass about the Cubs, so I don't care who got fired when McD was there and how fucked they are financially.

Not commenting on the fairness of the Tallon fiasco, but I would guess that most Hawk fans only care about the fact that they won the 'Cup for the first time in 49 years.

And nothing Josh says is going to diminish that.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly. But as a fan of the 'hawks I personally like to make sure that I have who's responsible for what correct. So, after most of Tallon's hard work is out of our system, If we go through an ebb, I personally want to remember that the product of our Cup was not the fruits of Bowman the Younger or McD, and as such, they should be held culpable for any lack of success afterwards when it comes to building another successful team; as opposed to believing that since they were the ones who put together the team that won the Cup and therefore should be immune.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't have gone down that way - firing is one thing - but to have someone manipulate something behind the scenes purposely and then blame me for it - I'd never take that sitting still. I don't see why Dale would either. That would also be a risky assumption by McD that he could pull this off and Tallon would just go away quietly without saying a word.

Manipulation and sabotage to get someone fired is not so far fetched. Seen it at every job I have worked at. We recently had an administrator "retire" due to those types of practices for years. Fortunately it caught up to them when they pushed it too far. And no not everyone pounds their fist on the table to get attention when they are the victim of it. Some just move on, others realize that doing so can hurt their career, and others just have a stiff upper lip.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you ever wonder, like I do, how many "other" people read a thread like this and think to themselves, "How do they know this?" Bwwwaaaaaa hahahahaha

Go to a newer fan, especially a Cubs fan as well, and try to explain what we are saying and you will be told, like I was, is that it is all bullshit. As others stated,

the average fan could care less. For some of us who feel that certain people were responsible for this team winning this Cup only to be shit on by those behind

the scenes, it is a huge deal. Even a reporter too close to the shrapnel was part of the fallout. Go talk to anyone who has been fired by McD and you will find

Mr. Hyde lurking.

The irony of this whole ordeal is how the entire Blackhawks organization looks bad in this ordeal from the standpoint of other veterans in the league who know

details and how it has and will continue to hurt us in the future. You only need to look at Dudley and Wilson to find it. Rather then the philosphy of keeping your

friends close and your enemies closer McD prefers to damn the torpedoes and burn any bridges.

Don't look down upon Fluff for his viewpoint. I find it challenging along the lines that it is the same opinion that 90% of other fans believe.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
Do you ever wonder, like I do, how many "other" people read a thread like this and think to themselves, "How do they know this?" Bwwwaaaaaa hahahahaha

Go to a newer fan, especially a Cubs fan as well, and try to explain what we are saying and you will be told, like I was, is that it is all bullshit. As others stated,

the average fan could care less. For some of us who feel that certain people were responsible for this team winning this Cup only to be shit on by those behind

the scenes, it is a huge deal. Even a reporter too close to the shrapnel was part of the fallout. Go talk to anyone who has been fired by McD and you will find

Mr. Hyde lurking.

The irony of this whole ordeal is how the entire Blackhawks organization looks bad in this ordeal from the standpoint of other veterans in the league who know

details and how it has and will continue to hurt us in the future. You only need to look at Dudley and Wilson to find it. Rather then the philosphy of keeping your

friends close and your enemies closer McD prefers to damn the torpedoes and burn any bridges.

Don't look down upon Fluff for his viewpoint. I find it challenging along the lines that it is the same opinion that 90% of other fans believe.

Spot on, in fact it happened to me last night. Adrian Dater, a hockey scribe who covers the Avs, wrote a column for Versus.com listing his top 5 franchises. In his section on the Hawks, he indicted Tallon for the QO situation. This prompted the following Twitter debate:

@eruns: Tallon had nothing to do with the qualifying offer fiasco. You should know better.

@adater: The late contract stuff he did! That's what I wrote

@eruns: Tallon was the fallguy, he was sick the entire week it went down & wasn't even in the office.

@adater: Sorry, doesn't pass the smell test

So there ya go, this guy is a member of the PHWA and should be "plugged in" enough to know better but doesn't. I told him to ask Pierre LeBrun and Allen Walsh what they thought actually happened and provided him with a link to Mora's blog. No reply.

R K

And they run with it which is even funnier. So Mcdonough succeeded to some extent. Eventually the true stroy will be told. Dudley was already gone but most certainly made some concerning interviews shortly after he left for Atlanta.

"doesn't pass the smell test".... LOL And anything Mcdonough does pass it? Um HUET!

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the guy obviously doesn't want his press credentials pulled by the Hawks. pass him the kool aid

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Spot on, in fact it happened to me last night. Adrian Dater, a hockey scribe who covers the Avs, wrote a column for Versus.com listing his top 5 franchises. In his section on the Hawks, he indicted Tallon for the QO situation. This prompted the following Twitter debate:

@eruns: Tallon had nothing to do with the qualifying offer fiasco. You should know better.

@adater: The late contract stuff he did! That's what I wrote

@eruns: Tallon was the fallguy, he was sick the entire week it went down & wasn't even in the office.

@adater: Sorry, doesn't pass the smell test

So there ya go, this guy is a member of the PHWA and should be "plugged in" enough to know better but doesn't. I told him to ask Pierre LeBrun and Allen Walsh what they thought actually happened and provided him with a link to Mora's blog. No reply.

Good points Eruns but consider this - even if Tallon was sick the entire week it went down and not in the office it would still be his responsibility to get out those contracts. I have staff myself and it doesnt' matter if I'm on vacation or sick, if someone does a major fuck up in the office it's my ass on the line because I have the ultimate accountability. I cannot go to others and say 'yeah but I was sick that week'. This was a critical piece with a hard deadline and Tallon should have kept an eye on it and ensured it went out. Now if by some strange chance it turns out Tallon got confirmation the packages were in the mailroom and ready to be sent and then somehow McD slipped in the back door and hid them or told the mail guy not to send them out then the plot thickens and I can give Dale some slack there. But ultimately he holds the accountability and should have seen to the completion of this task. He didn't.

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good points Eruns but consider this - even if Tallon was sick the entire week it went down and not in the office it would still be his responsibility to get out those contracts. I have staff myself and it doesnt' matter if I'm on vacation or sick, if someone does a major fuck up in the office it's my ass on the line because I have the ultimate accountability. I cannot go to others and say 'yeah but I was sick that week'. This was a critical piece with a hard deadline and Tallon should have kept an eye on it and ensured it went out. Now if by some strange chance it turns out Tallon got confirmation the packages were in the mailroom and ready to be sent and then somehow McD slipped in the back door and hid them or told the mail guy not to send them out then the plot thickens and I can give Dale some slack there. But ultimately he holds the accountability and should have seen to the completion of this task. He didn't.

Fluf, EVERYONE in the NHL knows that it is the responsibility of the Asst GM to make sure all the paperwork is filed and sent correctly and on time. Apparently you missed that part of the story. Did you also know that the GM and the Asst GM SHARED a secretary? Don't you find it even MILDLY curious that Tallon, who was an Asst GM prior to being GM, and had filed all the paperwork ON TIME for the years prior to being GM, would SUDDENLY, knowing that the President is looking to fire you, (which was no secret to anyone) FORGET to file the paperwork on time? It wasn't his job to get them out, but he took responsibility for the ineptitude of the secretary and his assistant GM. Which, IMO (and a few other's) was calculated anyway by someone who wanted the job. BTW, according to the NHLPA, the QOs have to be fed ex'd, so they should never have gone to the mail room in the first place.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

From the Hawks website...

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=47737

In his most recent role as assistant general manager, hockey operations, Bowman attended to the day-to-day administration of the Blackhawks’ hockey operations department with his primary responsibilities including all CBA-related matters such as contract negotiations, free agency, salary arbitration, player movement and player assignment.

R K

Barker should have held out and taken the Bruins offer. I'm quite sure the NHL would have made them all UFA's.

R K

In his most recent role as assistant general manager, hockey operations, Bowman attended to the day-to-day administration of the Blackhawks’ hockey operations department with his primary responsibilities including all CBA-related matters such as contract negotiations, free agency, salary arbitration, player movement and player assignment.

But but but it was totally Tallons responsibility. I have a staff and when my boss does something behind my back I DON"T FUCKING KNOW ABOUT IT!

E Runs

Liked Posts:

Actually I'd say making sure the QO's went out on time would fall under the "day to day administration" of the hockey ops department.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually I'd say making sure the QO's went out on time would fall under the "day to day administration" of the hockey ops department.

Six of one, a half dozen of the other.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
If McD would have took on the responsibility of firing Tallon without cause he would have been 100% responsible for anything that happen last year. He has never been the one to take a chance on looking bad.

With Tallon taking the balme, If the team had regressed Tallon could have still been a scape goat for fucking everything up. If he would have just cut him loose free and clear well... They win, and McD can still take the credit. They lose and he looks like a fucking Special person for letting a GM who took a team to the WCF go for "Philosophical reasons" that obviously were wrong.

It's a matter of McD creating a Win/Win situation for himself at the expense of someone else. And he's never hesitated to do that.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If McD would have took on the responsibility of firing Tallon without cause he would have been 100% responsible for anything that happen last year. He has never been the one to take a chance on looking bad.

With Tallon taking the balme, If the team had regressed Tallon could have still been a scape goat for fucking everything up. If he would have just cut him loose free and clear well... They win, and McD can still take the credit. They lose and he looks like a fucking Special person for letting a GM who took a team to the WCF go for "Philosophical reasons" that obviously were wrong.

It's a matter of McD creating a Win/Win situation for himself at the expense of someone else. And he's never hesitated to do that.

This makes the most sense.

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

BUT when McDonough (and company) tried to take the credit for the win, the International Press called the bullshit card on him, and gave the credit to Dale. Thus, a fail for McD. He still looks bad, and will never really ever be able to shake the Tallon story from his "legacy".

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
BUT when McDonough (and company) tried to take the credit for the win, the International Press called the bullshit card on him, and gave the credit to Dale. Thus, a fail for McD. He still looks bad, and will never really ever be able to shake the Tallon story from his "legacy".

If only that were true in the eyes of most of the new fan idiots who like to argue stupid things like "McD really turned this team around" and "WWW dying was the best thing that could have happen to this team"

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
And they run with it which is even funnier. So Mcdonough succeeded to some extent. Eventually the true stroy will be told. Dudley was already gone but most certainly made some concerning interviews shortly after he left for Atlanta.

"doesn't pass the smell test".... LOL And anything Mcdonough does pass it? Um HUET!

Cristobal+Huet+hockeyFribourg+Gotteron-Gerald-Metroz_71421_.jpeg