Moves Like Jeff Jaeger: Maroon 5 get SB Halftime Show

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
They have to keep halftime as nationally,commercially acceptable as possible. Which surprises me how the Chili Peppers slipped in there.
But a night of Jane's Addiction and Iggy Pop ain't happening

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
You don't think that Maroon 5 is talented? Watchable?

Who would be your picks to do the show?

Pfff, here's a pretty simple test you can use to figure out if a band is or isn't talented/watchable (listenable really).

If you go to any song on their list and they have multiple songwriters that are not actual members of that group, they're probably not talented or listenable.

Any given Maroon 5 song will have anywhere between 3 to 6 songwriters on payroll to "help" Adam Levine right music for his album. Not to mention, the albums have like a dozen co-producers. Why does a single album need that many producers!?

Look at David Bowie's body of work. 25 albums, and he co-produced or produced every one from Hunky Dory and with VERY few exceptions, he is the sole songwriter for all of his material.

I know I shouldn't hold Adam Levine up to the same standard as the Thin White Duke, and honestly the idea of comparing the two is making my stomach turn, but it shouldn't be too much to hold pop stars to a certain legitimate artistic standard, and stop half-assing it in the creative department.

Sad thing is that what Maroon 5 does is extremely common in the mainstream. You have a handful of songwriters hired by these music labels to write music for these mainsteam stars and they completely saturate the top of the charts. You look at Billboard's top 100 songs, and pretty much all of them have several independent co-songwriters.

There have always been music stars that have utilized co-songwriters, but it is FAR more prominent now than it has ever been.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pfff, here's a pretty simple test you can use to figure out if a band is or isn't talented/watchable (listenable really).

If you go to any song on their list and they have multiple songwriters that are not actual members of that group, they're probably not talented or listenable.

Any given Maroon 5 song will have anywhere between 3 to 6 songwriters on payroll to "help" Adam Levine right music for his album. Not to mention, the albums have like a dozen co-producers. Why does a single album need that many producers!?

Look at David Bowie's body of work. 25 albums, and he co-produced or produced every one from Hunky Dory and with VERY few exceptions, he is the sole songwriter for all of his material.

I know I shouldn't hold Adam Levine up to the same standard as the Thin White Duke, and honestly the idea of comparing the two is making my stomach turn, but it shouldn't be too much to hold pop stars to a certain legitimate artistic standard, and stop half-assing it in the creative department.

Sad thing is that what Maroon 5 does is extremely common in the mainstream. You have a handful of songwriters hired by these music labels to write music for these mainsteam stars and they completely saturate the top of the charts. You look at Billboard's top 100 songs, and pretty much all of them have several independent co-songwriters.

There have always been music stars that have utilized co-songwriters, but it is FAR more prominent now than it has ever been.

No half time show ever is about the songwriting.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My kids and i roll with a country soul, Darius Rucker for the win. Mofo Oh and the wife does too

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Pfffffff.

Songwriters have been around and widely used forever now.

Frank Sinatra

Elvis Presley

The Rolling Stones

Aerosmith

KISS

Also...is Taylor Swift better than any of those acts because she wrote songs herself???

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
My kids and i roll with a country soul, Darius Rucker for the win. Mofo Oh and the wife does too

Fatman, you and I are not among the popular crowd....thank God :)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
From a marketing standpoint, they should always have young pop/rock bands. Us old shits will watch ball no matter who plays. Besides, we need the break for whisky, food and extra pissing. All the bands I like would probably not be into left sharks. It's a fucking circus anyway. Nothing wrong with that as sometimes it's entertaining. Not a fan of Katy but I thought the Perry, Lenny Kravitz, Missy Elliott halftime was a riot. Nice cross culture well produced musically pleasing show. Loved seeing Missy and her unique take out there. Shania Twain, No Doubt, Sting was a nice mix but a little pale.

The other one I liked was the the 1st Jackson/Timberlake with Nelly etc. Unfortunately, that show fucked it up for a while. Could have done without the presetup controversy.

Maroon 5? Even if Cardi shows, Really? Are they anyone's favorite band? I'd rather listen to fucking Coldplay. How about James Taylor plus Radiohead and Drake. Grande, Cia and Robert Cray? Have Cia do a song with Zero 7 if they're willing for one song.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Led Zeppelin is literally a cover band. That doesn't stop anyone from seeing them.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeebus.

I had done a nice job repressing the Jim Belushi Blues Brothers show, but thanks for the reminder.

I also enjoyed this quote about The Who show:

"I know this is when we reached Peak Old White Guy Band with the Super Bowl halftime show, and the NFL finally woke up and realized they couldn’t just keep doing this every year."

The defense rests, your honor.

And yet, we have the totally forgettable, and current at the time Bruno Mars, and the equally cringe worthy Black eyed Peas halftime shows.

The defense lost........

I will admit though, Lada Gaga wasn't bad, incredibly talented woman, even if I don't care for the genre

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well if you're feeling nasty how about Janet Jackson, well do ya punk?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And yet, we have the totally forgettable, and current at the time Bruno Mars, and the equally cringe worthy Black eyed Peas halftime shows.

The defense lost........

I will admit though, Lada Gaga wasn't bad, incredibly talented woman, even if I don't care for the genre

Did you just dumpster Bruno's performance, then place GaGa on a pedestal?

Wtf..

I think you should go now

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you just dumpster Bruno's performance, then place GaGa on a pedestal?

Wtf..

I think you should go now
For serious.

That was probably the best performance since Prince sang 'Purple Rain' and God Himself made it rain for the set.

(Hard to top the Lord Almighty doing your prop work)