Moves Like Jeff Jaeger: Maroon 5 get SB Halftime Show

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
From the generation that gave us Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Arianna Granda.....

SMDH, bunch of no talent, cant write their own music, cant play an instrument, autotune talentless eff's. History will not be kind on this current crop of musicians. You could not be more wrong.

You totally misinterpreted my post, but enjoy your shitty rock-metal hybrid that was popular for maybe 7 years at most, I guess.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
There is a special place in hell for the person who made this decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There is a special place in hell for the person who made this decision.

Shoulda gone with Metallica, amirite? Super exciting, fun, great for all generations not just bitter old ones type of music.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
Shoulda gone with Metallica, amirite? Super exciting, fun, great for all generations not just bitter old ones type of music.
Fun for the whole family. I want to see a halftime show that pumps you up and gets you going for the 2nd half. Metallica would do that. Not some capri pants wearing fool bouncing around on stage with a squeaky ass voice, annoying the shit out of me for 20 minutes. I'm sure they'll an equally annoying guest performance from keisha or something for good measure. But maybe some people are in to that kind of thing.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
One way to encourage people to get into football: have a halftime performance by some old dudes named Metallica so they can play some super depressing cringe record from a gazillion years ago.

Must be Boomer mindset.

Always complaining..

Monster

Liked Posts:
One way to encourage people to get into football: have a halftime performance by some old dudes named Metallica so they can play some super depressing cringe record from a gazillion years ago.

Must be Boomer mindset.

Always complaining..

I’d guess more Gen X for that music.

It’s likely a tough call being fans span a wide range of age. I do like when they mix it up with stuff for all but there is limited time.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’d guess more Gen X for that music.
You're right, apologies. It's so natural for me to blame boomers as a millennial. This is a gen x issue for sure.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Fun for the whole family. I want to see a halftime show that pumps you up and gets you going for the 2nd half. Metallica would do that. Not some capri pants wearing fool bouncing around on stage with a squeaky ass voice, annoying the shit out of me for 20 minutes. I'm sure they'll an equally annoying guest performance from keisha or something for good measure. But maybe some people are in to that kind of thing.

While I agree with the sentiment, I have no desire to watch a bunch of 80 year-old dudes that still think they're hard AF during the superbowl. If it was 1993 I'd totally agree with you.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I saw a story online offering 70 better options than Maroon 5

Monster

Liked Posts:
You're right, apologies. It's so natural for me to blame boomers as a millennial. This is a gen x issue for sure.

I don’t think it’s an issue... people like what they grew up with. Takes them back as only music does.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They're never going to pick Metallica or some crazy rock band. Women and thee young kids only watch the superbowl for the halftime show and the commercials. You take away popular music, halftime ratings could drop

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
While I agree with the sentiment, I have no desire to watch a bunch of 80 year-old dudes that still think they're hard AF during the superbowl. If it was 1993 I'd totally agree with you.
Ya doesn't have to be Metallica, just something better than Maroon 5. When's the last time they had a rock act? Cant even remember. The past 10 years have blended together into a bunch of unmemorable performances. Last great performance I can remember was Prince

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I think we should have the Tupac hologram.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ya doesn't have to be Metallica, just something better than Maroon 5. When's the last time they had a rock act? Cant even remember. The past 10 years have blended together into a bunch of unmemorable performances. Last great performance I can remember was Prince

red hot chili peppers literally 2 years ago

one of the worst rated halftime shows of all time

make you think

makes you think even more when the dudes clamoring for it cant even remember it happening

Monster

Liked Posts:
I did like 05... before the game it was Ozzy as the Pats came out and McCartney at halftime... 2006 was the Rolling Stones and 2007 was Prince. Pretty fine 3 year run IMO.... but I say play what’s popular... the old guys love the game regardless.

Can’t remember who after that...
as I get older halftime is for making another drink, grabbing a bite and hitting the can.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
They're never going to pick Metallica or some crazy rock band. Women and thee young kids only watch the superbowl for the halftime show and the commercials. You take away popular music, halftime ratings could drop

My friend took his wife and kids to see Smashing Pumpkins at the United Center last month and they all had a blast. Point being, I bet people would like the popular songs of Metallica if they gave them a chance. You don’t have to play 101.9 pop whatever when in the car with your kids!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I did like 05... before the game it was Ozzy as the Pats came out and McCartney at halftime... 2006 was the Rolling Stones and 2007 was Prince. Pretty fine 3 year run IMO.... but I say play what’s popular... the old guys love the game regardless.

Can’t remember who after that...
as I get older halftime is for making another drink and hitting the can.

I think U2 did it if you consider that rock lol.