Moving on From Fields

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this point we need to be honest about what we have and realize if a QB falls to us in the draft we should seriously consider it. Bears may even go with a veteran QB and move Fields to backup next season.
I think Fields will be the starter next year, but fans need to seriously ponder how much better is he going to get?

Surrounding him with more talent might not have as big an impact on his career as ppl think.

His production is the worst in the league. He's probably NOT special. Can he be top 15?

He's still got time. Just keep track of how often he throws high tho.

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels
I think Fields will be the starter next year, but fans need to seriously ponder how much better is he going to get?

Surrounding him with more talent might not have as big an impact on his career as ppl think.

His production is the worst in the league. He's probably NOT special. Can he be top 15?

He's still got time. Just keep track of how often he throws high tho.
I like that you stick to your convictions, but damn that post was all over the place. Every line was he can be good but sucks. We get it you don't like him... just stick to that lol.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky had flashes too. Lot's of guys flash. Flashes is becoming a dirty word for me.

I want consistency. Show me consistent growth. It can be slow... but show me growth.
Great game, shit game, shit game, great game, ok game. I don't know about consistency, just try like you know what you're doing.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Its from SportsMockery. They are doing this for clicks. No chance the Bears move on from Fields next offseason. They are going to ride this one out and put a team around him until at the bare minimum the end of NEXT season.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It's not really going out on a limb to say when a new GM doesn't do squat on offense for the 2nd year QB the GM already doesn't want him because he wasn't his pick.
And not doing squat when you don't have squat after the speeches he gave says he's in no rush. He'll milk his contract until he's almost there get an extension and then try to get the final pieces. He was a worthless player on the Bears, he knows how to play the owners and fans with the 10yr rebuild BS.

Will Levis and get a mid to late round pick for our current scrub.

You're not getting anything for a QB you make look extra bad and made it obvious you're not going to keep him.

Speed

Liked Posts:
If they weren't at least 'considering' moving on after how he's looked that's just about a fireable offense.

Internal discussions about how much he (And the entire offensive group for that matter)suck is one thing. Whether they 'actually' move on, is a different story.

He's DEFINITELY getting a year 3 with an improved O-Line and Receiving Group.
Poles: It's a process, we're learning on the job, build this up the right way, dry cupboard coming into this situation blah blah blah.

Also there might be a fake QB competition just to put a little artificial pressure on him. After that is anyone's guess, but they've got him under relatively cheap control. If he still sucks after presumably 2 more offseasons of putting some pieces into place on offense they might as well let this thing bottom out while Poles is waiting on "his guy" in the draft or whatever.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
First thing, Sports Mockery.

Second, the Bears have too many holes to give up on Fields already. The most they should do if they are not 100% sold on him by end of season is bring on a vet who could provide a little competition. Need to build a team around Fields and hopefully they will blossom together. I personally would give Field all of 2023 to prove himself. What do we have to lose at this point?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears still have multiple issues that need addressing, as those have pointed out above on Offense, but do not kid yourself if you think this Defensive Coash isn't going to demand a fix to the bad Run Defense the current D roster is exhibiting. I bet they will be addressing that in the off season as well.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Bears still have multiple issues that need addressing, as those have pointed out above on Offense, but do not kid yourself if you think this Defensive Coash isn't going to demand a fix to the bad Run Defense the current D roster is exhibiting. I bet they will be addressing that in the off season as well.

Yep, same old shit.
And I'd almost expect him to get the top 2 picks again.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears may even go with a veteran QB and move Fields to backup next season.

Haven't we already seen how that plays out multiple times?

Mike Glennon
Nick Foles
Andy Dalton
Jason Campbell
Todd Collins
Kordell Stewart

The list goes on and on.

Brad Johnsons and Trent Dilfers don't win superbowls anymore. Besides that, the Bears don't have even close to a competitive roster to take a journeyman QB (barf) and have them be successful. I'd rather lose more games and be developing what could be a franchise QB than insert a never-has-been QB to minimize mistakes and take all day check downs so we get a few more inconsequential wins. I'm fine with them using later picks to draft a QB every draft until you find "the one" over starting a backup, veteran QB just to wreck our draft pick order. I don't care if Trevor Siemian could get us one or two more wins. You either have a top 10 QB in this league and build around them to compete for superbowls and deep playoff runs each year or you're mired in mediocrity, drafting in the middle of the round at 8-9/9-8, and placating the mouth-breaking, ephemeral, instant gratification, mouth-breathing masses who just crave a couple of "hard nosed wins" a year.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I like that you stick to your convictions, but damn that post was all over the place. Every line was he can be good but sucks. We get it you don't like him... just stick to that lol.

He thinks he's clever. Its obvious he thinks Fields is a bust but puts all the other shit in for the pure sake of winning internet arguments and trying to artificially appear "unbiased"...

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Haven't we already seen how that plays out multiple times?

Mike Glennon
Nick Foles
Andy Dalton
Jason Campbell
Todd Collins
Kordell Stewart

The list goes on and on.

Brad Johnsons and Trent Dilfers don't win superbowls anymore. Besides that, the Bears don't have even close to a competitive roster to take a journeyman QB (barf) and have them be successful. I'd rather lose more games and be developing what could be a franchise QB than insert a never-has-been QB to minimize mistakes and take all day check downs so we get a few more inconsequential wins. I'm fine with them using later picks to draft a QB every draft until you find "the one" over starting a backup, veteran QB just to wreck our draft pick order. I don't care if Trevor Siemian could get us one or two more wins. You either have a top 10 QB in this league and build around them to compete for superbowls and deep playoff runs each year or you're mired in mediocrity, drafting in the middle of the round at 8-9/9-8, and placating the mouth-breaking, ephemeral, instant gratification, mouth-breathing masses who just crave a couple of "hard nosed wins" a year.

Stupid argument. Using your standard, we could actually say "Aaron Rodgers's don't win superbowls anymore." - Yet dipshit though he may be, how many Bears fans would have given their left kidney to have Rodgers in their prime.

And here is the key reason why it is a stupid argument - if your name isn't Tom Brady over the past 20 years, you had a slim shot of winning a Superbowl no matter HOW good a QB you were, and even if you did break through, good luck winning more than one. Living in the Tom Brady era screwed up all the shit on what you need to win the big one, because he's the fucking GOAT. As chicagoans we should know this - we lived the 90s Michael Jordan era, and it was the same damn thing. NBA was UBER talented in that era. Olijawan won back to back when Jordan retired. There were plenty of others who were stars in their own right too - Miller, Starks, Ewing, Barkley, Malone, Stockton, etc. But they weren't Jordan, so it didn't matter.

Brady has yet to really fall off. He's Football Jordan. I am willing to bet once he finally retires, we start to see more variety of teams winning the Superbowl....

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If they weren't at least 'considering' moving on after how he's looked that's just about a fireable offense.

Internal discussions about how much he (And the entire offensive group for that matter)suck is one thing. Whether they 'actually' move on, is a different story.

He's DEFINITELY getting a year 3 with an improved O-Line and Receiving Group.
Poles: It's a process, we're learning on the job, build this up the right way, dry cupboard coming into this situation blah blah blah.

Also there might be a fake QB competition just to put a little artificial pressure on him. After that is anyone's guess, but they've got him under relatively cheap control. If he still sucks after presumably 2 more offseasons of putting some pieces into place on offense they might as well let this thing bottom out while Poles is waiting on "his guy" in the draft or whatever.

I think you're too caught up on the typical narratives surrounding the QB situation.

Fields will be THE guy they ride with, at least for the rest of this season and all of next season. They will build a team around him. If at THAT point it still isn't working, they will draft a new QB to replace him, who will inheret a ready-made team to accelerate their growth.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Stupid argument. Using your standard, we could actually say "Aaron Rodgers's don't win superbowls anymore." - Yet dipshit though he may be, how many Bears fans would have given their left kidney to have Rodgers in their prime.

And here is the key reason why it is a stupid argument - if your name isn't Tom Brady over the past 20 years, you had a slim shot of winning a Superbowl no matter HOW good a QB you were, and even if you did break through, good luck winning more than one. Living in the Tom Brady era screwed up all the shit on what you need to win the big one, because he's the fucking GOAT. As chicagoans we should know this - we lived the 90s Michael Jordan era, and it was the same damn thing. NBA was UBER talented in that era. Olijawan won back to back when Jordan retired. There were plenty of others who were stars in their own right too - Miller, Starks, Ewing, Barkley, Malone, Stockton, etc. But they weren't Jordan, so it didn't matter.

Brady has yet to really fall off. He's Football Jordan. I am willing to bet once he finally retires, we start to see more variety of teams winning the Superbowl....
Lol Starks?
I get your point but Starks wasn’t some all star stud

Doubledown

Liked Posts:

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think you're missing my point. I think you're keying in on my statement that "Brad Johnsons" (an analogy to a mediocre, veteran QB that won a superbowl) too much. The suggestion I was responding to was saying that the Bears should/could bring in a veteran QB and put Fields as the backup, which I'm against for the simple reason it is short-sighted and doesn't progress your team into perennial contention/sustained success.

How many superbowl contending in the recent NFL era have top 10/15 QBs at the helm? I'm arguing that unless you have a top QB, you aren't going to be continuously in contention for a superbowl or making a run deep into the playoffs consistently. How often, besides Tom Brady, is an elite QB going to be available via free agency? Does Cooper Rush, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyrod Taylor, or the bevy of meh-veteran QBs vastly improve this team and sustain it for the future? Of course I'd want Rodgers in his prime or Pat Mahomes or Josh Allen or any number of the top QBs in the league. That's precisely what I'm conveying. I want the Bears to seek out or develop their own potential transcendent QB talent - not bring in a stop-gap, median game manager veteran QB to just get temporal, useless wins against low-tier opponents. I'm advocating thinking long term at QB, not kneejerk we need to win a couple more games a season journeyman QB options available to us now.