Moving on From Fields

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow!

This is beyond ridiculous for any media outlet.

Yesterday we found out exactly what happens when you get bad oline play, failure to commit to the run, dropped passes, and facing a good pass rush, and some off target throws.

If 2 qb's heading towards Canton can't win doing that, how will moving from Fields overcome this?

I hear the argument "place good qb X on the bears how would they do?" Well, yesterday, you should've seen the answer.

Neither Brady nor Rodgers looked very good when other components of their offenses performed poorly and they themselves weren't at their best.

Instead, why not spend money and resources and fix the obvious problems on this team and see what happens?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thing is, we are in year 1 of a turn around. As I sit here, Poles was given a, no matter what happens you have x number of years of no worry to build a team, contract. If that is 3 years or 4 or?? I don't know, but he is here for a bit and this is only year 1. Lets see what he does next year with a full draft and a butt load of cash.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
If Fields doesn't improve Poles will 100% take a QB with the Bears first pick. Poles didn't draft Fields. If you think he's going to pin his future on a bad QB who someone else drafted you're not paying attention.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Its from SportsMockery. They are doing this for clicks. No chance the Bears move on from Fields next offseason. They are going to ride this one out and put a team around him until at the bare minimum the end of NEXT season.
I mean yes, the most likely move is they do nothing at QB. And we all expect you to be a royal asswhipe saying you told everyone so and what a genius you are if that happens.

I do think saying there’s “no chance” though is foolish. None of us truly know what Pole’s eval of Fields is at this point.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
None of us truly know what Pole’s eval of Fields is at this point.
I think it was clear that Poles had his doubts when he did not add much offensive talent around Fields in the offseason.

Reactions: Myk

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think it was clear that Poles had his doubts when he did not add much offensive talent around Fields in the offseason.

I get the logic behind this and it may very well be correct. But I don't think we know for sure. Only thing I am sure about at this time is it should be a very entertaining off-season one way or the other.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow!

This is beyond ridiculous for any media outlet.

Yesterday we found out exactly what happens when you get bad oline play, failure to commit to the run, dropped passes, and facing a good pass rush, and some off target throws.

If 2 qb's heading towards Canton can't win doing that, how will moving from Fields overcome this?

I hear the argument "place good qb X on the bears how would they do?" Well, yesterday, you should've seen the answer.

Neither Brady nor Rodgers looked very good when other components of their offenses performed poorly and they themselves weren't at their best.

Instead, why not spend money and resources and fix the obvious problems on this team and see what happens?
y
I think that it was clear that he didn't have any draft picks and money to spend. I can't complain about his draft and addition of Eddie Jackson for the defense nor getting rid of a lot of salary for guys who dogged it and sat out much of the season.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
sounds like A Bears move Thought?

Highly doubt that. How about we draft OL in 1st and 2nd rounds for a couple years in a row and bring in some talent so we can actually compete and give Fields a shot? From current O roster, Id keep:Fields, Mooney, Monty, Herbert, Kmet, Teven Jenkins at RG and swing Braxton Jones to RT. Upgrade at all other positions, especially OL and WR. Defensive Backfield is set IMO, front 7 needs some talent added, but there is some talent there. Maybe for a change we could build the offense the right way, though the draft?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sucks that you have to fly out for fat camp. You should petition for your town to get one or at least ask mom to do it for you.
Why would someone fly to two different cities for fat camp? I ate real good this trip btw. Nice little A5 wagyu tomahawk Pittsburgh style. Endless smoked bbq. Mr Beef. How about you? Sucks to be poor and living in a psychiatric hospital… I get the Turkey sandwich is great though. When is Salisbury steak night?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you have a QB, or don't have a QB, you build the oline first no matter what. The Bears are just so historically stupid that they try to get QBs, WRs, RBs, TEs and pretend like the oline doesn't matter all that much. Like you can treat it like an old fucking tire and just patch it every time there is a hole.

Well, right now, we have RBs and potentially nothing else. We need 2-3 WRs, 4 oline, and a TE. With the cap space we have and draft picks we could get most of that.

We should get a 3-tech and just ignore defense. Build the team like it's 2022, and focus on offense. Make the Bears watchable again.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This dude's opinion in the video is a fucking joke. Lol. He's downplaying how bad the OL and WRs are. That's all you need to know.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Fields will be the starter next year, but fans need to seriously ponder how much better is he going to get?

Surrounding him with more talent might not have as big an impact on his career as ppl think.

His production is the worst in the league. He's probably NOT special. Can he be top 15?

He's still got time. Just keep track of how often he throws high tho.

I remember when the Bears surrounded Cutler with talented weapons & it didn’t help him play any better. He still played the same way. All he did was look for BM. Then Josh McCown took over and we found out how good Alshon was. McCown utilized all the weapons in the passing gm (Forte, BM, Alshon & Bennett the TE). If Fields doesn’t improve his ability to make reads and get the ball out quickly with anticipation. We will still see an inconsistent offense and the new weapons will start complaining.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This dude's opinion in the video is a fucking joke. Lol. He's downplaying how bad the OL and WRs are. That's all you need to know.

Go watch the Kurt Warner breakdown since you said you like those. It's pretty good.