dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why would someone fly to two different cities for fat camp? I ate real good this trip btw. Nice little A5 wagyu tomahawk Pittsburgh style. Endless smoked bbq. Mr Beef. How about you? Sucks to be poor and living in a psychiatric hospital… I get the Turkey sandwich is great though. When is Salisbury steak night?
Tonight is Salisbury steak night, which is delicious, with tapioca pudding for desert. Can't wait.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They need to actually address the OL and WR before they can come close to evaluating him. The OL has been mostly bad, and the WR have not been much better.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Tonight is Salisbury steak night, which is delicious, with tapioca pudding for desert. Can't wait.
Congrats! Hope you don’t shit the bed too bad tonight! Thank god for male orderlies!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Haven't we already seen how that plays out multiple times?

Mike Glennon
Nick Foles
Andy Dalton
Jason Campbell
Todd Collins
Kordell Stewart

The list goes on and on.

It's amazing. It's like these "Bears fans" love to lose and want to keep repeating the reason the Bears are so often losers for the sake of that's how the Bears have been doing it.

I think it was clear that Poles had his doubts when he did not add much offensive talent around Fields in the offseason.

That much is obvious. If he cared about seeing if Fields could be the QB he would've done everything possible to protect him before he's injured.

I think that it was clear that he didn't have any draft picks and money to spend. I can't complain about his draft and addition of Eddie Jackson for the defense nor getting rid of a lot of salary for guys who dogged it and sat out much of the season.

And yet he managed to find defense in the draft where there were WRs who are already proving their worth taken a few picks later.

I remember when the Bears surrounded Cutler with talented weapons & it didn’t help him play any better. He still played the same way. All he did was look for BM. Then Josh McCown took over and we found out how good Alshon was. McCown utilized all the weapons in the passing gm (Forte, BM, Alshon & Bennett the TE). If Fields doesn’t improve his ability to make reads and get the ball out quickly with anticipation. We will still see an inconsistent offense and the new weapons will start complaining.

3 years later. Too little, too late. Don't ruin the QB and then claim you did everything possible when you tried everything but the obvious before getting him any weapons or protection.
Stop with that spin. It's BS and you know it.

When will we have anyone for Fields? They won't be rookies until after his 3rd year. We'd better be doing some costly FA moves all over offense next off season.
I've been saying Fields is as good as done because Pace didn't do much for him and Poles did nothing. Bears are determined to prove that yes you can ruin rookie QBs. The slew of vets for Nagy not looking any better proves it.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They need to actually address the OL and WR before they can come close to evaluating him. The OL has been mostly bad, and the WR have not been much better.

So conversely are you able to properly evaluate a WR before addressing the QB or at least until the QB has developed? Would the OL look better if the QB made quicker decisions?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
They need to actually address the OL and WR before they can come close to evaluating him.
Disagree. Is the pass on target? Was it the correct read?

I agree that the OL has made Fields more jumpy in the pocket but he misses a ton of throws and can't process quickly. The evidence is there. He is playing awful. He certainly has time to improve but to say he can't be evaluated is ridiculous. He is playing very poorly right now.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Did you see Zappe vs the Browns? It looks like he hit his first read (and stared them down) about 95% of the time (who were schemed wide open most of the time) and his pocket looked like the one Fields got at Ohio State lol.

Not saying the kid isn’t good, but I feel like even Fields would have butchered the Browns in that scenario. Ground game averaging 5.3ypc too? It would have been a typical Saturday afternoon for 2020 Fields.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So conversely are you able to properly evaluate a WR before addressing the QB or at least until the QB has developed? Would the OL look better if the QB made quicker decisions?

Do you think the OL is constantly getting blown by immediately because Fields is holding the ball too long?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you think the OL is constantly getting blown by immediately because Fields is holding the ball too long?

Well I don't know if they are constantly getting blown by. Despite this message boards opinion that the league is all about offense, I am seeing some pretty low scoring games throughout the NFL, maybe one or two really high scoring games a week and some incredibly low. Even the Rams have scored 10 or less in 3 out of 6 games.

QB's are under pressure everywhere. Probably 85% of fans think that their OL is bottom 5 in the league.

I don't think there is a person out there that doesn't think that Fields holds the ball too long, which is a really tough thing in the current NFL. He is a great athlete but to me the game is currently too fast for him at the QB position in the NFL.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well I don't know if they are constantly getting blown by. Despite this message boards opinion that the league is all about offense, I am seeing some pretty low scoring games throughout the NFL, maybe one or two really high scoring games a week and some incredibly low. Even the Rams have scored 10 or less in 3 out of 6 games.

QB's are under pressure everywhere. Probably 85% of fans think that their OL is bottom 5 in the league.

I don't think there is a person out there that doesn't think that Fields holds the ball too long, which is a really tough thing in the current NFL. He is a great athlete but to me the game is currently too fast for him at the QB position in the NFL.
Fields does hold onto the ball too long at times. Yeah he OL is objectively awful at pass pro.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Go watch the Kurt Warner breakdown since you said you like those. It's pretty good.
Yeah, i have it in a tab. I will tonight after I watch my Guardians smoke the fucking Yankees! (we're gonna lose...)

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Why would someone fly to two different cities for fat camp? I ate real good this trip btw. Nice little A5 wagyu tomahawk Pittsburgh style. Endless smoked bbq. Mr Beef. How about you? Sucks to be poor and living in a psychiatric hospital… I get the Turkey sandwich is great though. When is Salisbury steak night?

Dont knock Salisbury steak night! The meatloaf, okay, that would be fair. BUTZ the reheated Sodexo Salibury Steak kept me from being strapped to the bed and out of the padded rooms.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Fields will be the starter next year, but fans need to seriously ponder how much better is he going to get?

Surrounding him with more talent might not have as big an impact on his career as ppl think.

His production is the worst in the league. He's probably NOT special. Can he be top 15?

He's still got time. Just keep track of how often he throws high tho.
Surrounding him with more talent wont make him better? He hikes the ball and a guy is i his face. It would do wonders

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, i have it in a tab. I will tonight after I watch my Guardians smoke the fucking Yankees! (we're gonna lose...)

Need this rain to stop.

Go Yankees!!

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Need this rain to stop.

Go Yankees!!
Gross. Yankees fans are objectively terrible people. Don't do it! Or are you a White Sox fan?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Go watch the Kurt Warner breakdown since you said you like those. It's pretty good.
Alright, I watched it since the game is in rain delay. Nothing I disagree with. To me, Fields biggest issue is that hesitation and/or him going "is that open enough to throw?" and even just thinking about it too long means that the window closes or one of the 4 turnstiles we have on our OL gets dumped on by a defender. You hope that with more experience he'll start just seeing stuff like that and ripping it instead of thinking about it.

Also, his tendency to have a wonky arm angle when all his other mechanics look good is kind of odd. I wonder if that's him trusting his arm too much. But if he's missing throws because of that, that obviously needs to get cleaned up. That might have worked in high school and college, but can't rely on that in the pros.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Alright, I watched it since the game is in rain delay. Nothing I disagree with. To me, Fields biggest issue is that hesitation and/or him going "is that open enough to throw?" and even just thinking about it too long means that the window closes or one of the 4 turnstiles we have on our OL gets dumped on by a defender. You hope that with more experience he'll start just seeing stuff like that and ripping it instead of thinking about it.

Also, his tendency to have a wonky arm angle when all his other mechanics look good is kind of odd. I wonder if that's him trusting his arm too much. But if he's missing throws because of that, that obviously needs to get cleaned up. That might have worked in high school and college, but can't rely on that in the pros.

You know what would help with the hesitation?

Getting the kid a true #1 WR….