Myles Garrett?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
nobody gives a shit about things that happened 70 years ago

Yes but the Lions havent won a SB last year, the year before that, the year before that, the year before that and so on and so forth. Yall have been trash for the entirety of the Super Bowl era and have never been in a Super Bowl. Yall did also choke away a Super Bowl appearence this past year so not sure what yall pumping your chests up about.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of good discussion here. However, I’m still on the no train for any big time FA acquisitions this year. I think this year should be about developing our QB. If we can get another deal for a sweat type player for a 2nd round pick, I would think about it. I’m not ready to blow up our draft capital to get a good, but expensive player for this year. I just don’t think it’s a wise decision. I don’t think we are one move away from the Super Bowl this year. Next year, I fully expect Austin Booker will make a jump to a quality starter. He just needs an off-season to build his body and work on his game. If that happens, a big time deal for Myles Garrett starts to look silly given the cost (nothing for Austin Booker to develop vs several quality draft picks to bring in myles Garrett who’s obviously better, but his acquisition takes future talent away from the team at other positions.)

I think we need to use our first three draft picks on oline in the next draft. If 2 of them pan out to be starters, we suddenly have an explosive offense that is very hard to stop. Right now, there’s an easy blue print to beating this team, get pressure up the middle. We should be trying to acquire Caleb Williams’ version of Jeff Saturday and I think we can do that with this upcoming draft.
I tend to agree with you here, but if we can find an elite DE/LT on a team that is tearing down, rebuilding, looking to move assets, I say go for it. I expect our 1st round pick will be middle of the first round, so we may miss out on any elite DE/LT. I'm sure there will be talent there. It's not like we don't need OL help as well. I keep hearing rumblings about RB (Jeanty) but that seems like a luxury pick, one we don't need.

QB: Set
RB: Set
WR: Set
TE: Set
OL: need help at all three positions, especially Center

DE: Could use an elite DE opposite Sweat
CB: Set
S: Set
LB: Set
DT: Need upgrade or depth?

ST: Set

So we're looking pretty good IMO. Did I miss anything?

Reactions: Myk

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I tend to agree with you here, but if we can find an elite DE/LT on a team that is tearing down, rebuilding, looking to move assets, I say go for it. I expect our 1st round pick will be middle of the first round, so we may miss out on any elite DE/LT. I'm sure there will be talent there. It's not like we don't need OL help as well. I keep hearing rumblings about RB (Jeanty) but that seems like a luxury pick, one we don't need.

Need S too. 1 guy is getting old and 1 guy has a pile of concussions. Were gonna need help here soon.
I can't say what we need on the Oline until we get more games in.
Also 1 injury away we are thin at DE.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes we sucked because Trubisky regressed. We know it was Trubisky because he went to other teams with seemingly better coaches and he still sucked and sucks to this day.

So the idea that the 2018 Bears would not have done better with Mahomes than with Trubisky is illogical to me. Mahomes is clearly the superior prospect and not it isnt just because of Andy Reid. He is innately better than Trubisky. Period.
Trubisky had more good games, prior to the Mack trade, than CW does now. Yet Bears fans want to go down the same road hoping for different results.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes but the Lions havent won a SB last year, the year before that, the year before that, the year before that and so on and so forth. Yall have been trash for the entirety of the Super Bowl era and have never been in a Super Bowl. Yall did also choke away a Super Bowl appearence this past year so not sure what yall pumping your chests up about.
yeah yeah yeah, every time the Lions lose a game it is a "choke". Curious how the same doesn't apply to the Bears? Currently, the Lions are better from the top down than the Bears, and that is widely accepted nationally, not just by Lions fans, so deal with it.

yada yada yada, if the Lions don't win the SB they are a failure. However, if the Bears manage to eek into the playoffs with a wildcard, massive success. Got it!!

alswank87

Liked Posts:

I’m not opposed to trading a day 1 or day 2 pick for 1 player. I thought the Sweat trade was great. Trading the farm for Myles Garrett is a desperate move and we will be competing with desperate teams for him, drawing up the price even more. I’d consider trading our first rounder and some trashy late day 3 picks for him, maybe even throw in a player we don’t need, like Herbert, but someone else will assuredly offer more.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Yes we sucked because Trubisky regressed. We know it was Trubisky because he went to other teams with seemingly better coaches and he still sucked and sucks to this day.

So the idea that the 2018 Bears would not have done better with Mahomes than with Trubisky is illogical to me. Mahomes is clearly the superior prospect and not it isnt just because of Andy Reid. He is innately better than Trubisky. Period.
It wasn’t just Trubisky that regressed. The entire team did including Nagy.

I’m not saying Trubisky was better, I’m saying Mahomes had better coaching and overall team. Mahomes doesn’t throw for 5000 yards and 50 TDs with the Bears.

Liked Posts:
If they can pull it off for less than a first round pick then I hope Poles is all over it.

If they can add Garrett or any other standout 10+ sack DE at the deadline for a reasonable cost then they're done rebuilding on the defensive side of the ball, outside of a couple/few mid late round depth pieces.

If you can add Garrett to this roster without giving up a first rounder this team will make the postseason and win at least one game in the postseason too.

They will be even better next year once they add 2 or 3 new Olinemen in the offseason also.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky had more good games, prior to the Mack trade, than CW does now. Yet Bears fans want to go down the same road hoping for different results.

He had 7 TDs and 7 Ints in 12 games and his QB rating was 77.5. He had 0 games with multiple passing TDs.

Caleb already has exceeded his TD total in just 6 games with 9 and has a higher QB rating at 88.7 and 3 games with 2 TDs or more.

We got Mack before the 2018 season jackass.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
yeah yeah yeah, every time the Lions lose a game it is a "choke". Curious how the same doesn't apply to the Bears? Currently, the Lions are better from the top down than the Bears, and that is widely accepted nationally, not just by Lions fans, so deal with it.

yada yada yada, if the Lions don't win the SB they are a failure. However, if the Bears manage to eek into the playoffs with a wildcard, massive success. Got it!!

Who said it didnt apply to the Bears.

Dont give a shit about what is widely accepted. Who is better will be decided on the field not in your head.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

He had 7 TDs and 7 Ints in 12 games and his QB rating was 77.5. He had 0 games with multiple passing TDs.

Caleb already has exceeded his TD total in just 6 games with 9 and has a higher QB rating at 88.7 and 3 games with 2 TDs or more.

We got Mack before the 2018 season jackass.
Whoopity shit, his last three games, the only games he has been decent in, where against pathetic opponents all well below .500.
how was his rating in the one game he did play against a quality opponent?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It wasn’t just Trubisky that regressed. The entire team did including Nagy.

I’m not saying Trubisky was better, I’m saying Mahomes had better coaching and overall team. Mahomes doesn’t throw for 5000 yards and 50 TDs with the Bears.

I already addressed this. Of course he isnt throwing for 5k yards and 50 TDs but we wouldnt have needed him to in order to win in 2018.

Trubisky had combined 27 TDs and 3700 yards. Mahomes is better so if he was say 4k yards and 35 TDs combined then that is probably a SB team given we had a top defense.

Bear in mind that year the Pats beat the Rams 13-3. We beat the Rams that year 15-6 and embarrassed Goff. We lost to the Pats that year by 7. So Mahomes in lieu of Trubisky and we still beat the Rams and beat the Pats as well IMO.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who said that?
a few have said they wouldn't be willing to move a 1st and 3rd, anything less than that is next to nothing, plus the bears would have to do some serious maneuvering to fit him within the cap with little available, so it's hardly has a chance of happening

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Whoopity shit, his last three games, the only games he has been decent in, where against pathetic opponents all well below .500.
how was his rating in the one game he did play against a quality opponent?

You were wrong jackass. Trubisky was not better. The end.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Did your Bears fandom have the blinders on?