Nagy is an Embarrassment to Bears Fans

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
I was reading this article from The Ringer about the Fury vs. Wilder fight and damn near spit my coffee out when I came across this.

When Fury changed his game plan for their second fight, Wilder had nothing for him. There were no adjustments. He still couldn't use his jab. He looked like the first boxer to be coached by Matt Nagy.

We are in Vegas the same weekend, coincidence?

Look, I think Nagy may actually be serviceable as a head coach, and Colin Cowherd brought up a good point that you can just as easily ruin a young quarterback by changing the coach and having Fields start over and have to learn a new playbook. I just do not want him to have anything to do with the calling the plays and making any adjustments. Let Lazor figure all that out.

Last edited:

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Nagy is a guy who has an extreme insecurity about his offensive prowess and play calling. He so badly wants to be Shanahan or McVay.

He can’t accept that he’s awful at it, and he will run the franchise into the ground with his ego and insecurity. I genuinely hate this guy.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Look, I think Nagy may actually be serviceable as a head coach
Respectfully, I don't understand how people think this way. How can someone that can't coach offense or defense be a good head coach? Do you want your head coach as a glorified fluffer?

Absolutely not. You want a head coach that runs an elite system and can train people under him to do the same. Coordinators come and go. You want a static head coach that you can plug and play good coordinators to get the job done.

The logic is absolutely insane. Elite head coaches in this league are installing complex and evolving schemes to try and outsmart other teams. Nagy is the one that keeps getting out-witted. The quicker he leaves Chicago and we get a real head coach in here the quicker the Bears will become a better team.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
Why do people still think Nagy could be a decent HC? Please list the qualities he possesses that would make you think this…
He’s a good leader and the players seem to enjoy playing for him and get behind him. Morale on the team is high and the players could have easily quit on him a long time ago and so far haven’t. He just sucks at play calling and in-game adjustments. If the Bears can take that away from him for good, he may be serviceable and you can maintain the continuity for Fields.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
He’s a good leader and the players seem to enjoy playing for him and get behind him. Morale on the team is high and the players could have easily quit on him a long time ago and so far haven’t. He just sucks at play calling and in-game adjustments. If the Bears can take that away from him for good, he may be serviceable and you can maintain the continuity for Fields.
I don’t think you understand how coaching works. You can’t be bad at those things in the nfl

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
Respectfully, I don't understand how people think this way. How can someone that can't coach offense or defense be a good head coach? Do you want your head coach as a glorified fluffer?

Absolutely not. You want a head coach that runs an elite system and can train people under him to do the same. Coordinators come and go. You want a static head coach that you can plug and play good coordinators to get the job done.

The logic is absolutely insane. Elite head coaches in this league are installing complex and evolving schemes to try and outsmart other teams. Nagy is the one that keeps getting out-witted. The quicker he leaves Chicago and we get a real head coach in here the quicker the Bears will become a better team.
I think John Harbaugh or Pete Carroll are good examples. They don’t call plays for either offense or defense but do a good job of leading and motivating the team. I did say Nagy is serviceable, not good.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Why do people still think Nagy could be a decent HC? Please list the qualities he possesses that would make you think this…

Cause he gathered together a triple threat of Desai, Lazor and Tabor . . .

If Nagy goes, those 3 break up guaranteed cause new staffs will want their guys

xvflutop

Liked Posts:
I think to be fair he has decent plays in his playbook. His problem is inability to pick the right play at the right time. He is the guy who has 100 plays and then runs the same 10 no matter the situation

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Explain to me how a mouthpiece with no accountability for himself or his players is a good leader. I’d argue he’s a terrible leader. Players don’t mind playing for him because he’s basically the equivalent of a substitute teacher. No discipline and no accountability. His teams have been very sloppy, undisciplined and his in game management is terrible. That’s not even taking into account his laughing stock offense and inept game planning.

He’s a bad leader and doesn’t possess a single redeeming trait to qualify himself as a good HC. He’s a straight up fraud and likely will have to go back to real estate or QB coach after he’s fired

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Nagy is a guy who has an extreme insecurity about his offensive prowess and play calling. He so badly wants to be Shanahan or McVay.

He can’t accept that he’s awful at it, and he will run the franchise into the ground with his ego and insecurity. I genuinely hate this guy.

Shanahan is overrated.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Explain to me how a mouthpiece with no accountability for himself or his players is a good leader. I’d argue he’s a terrible leader. Players don’t mind playing for him because he’s basically the equivalent of a substitute teacher. No discipline and no accountability. His teams have been very sloppy, undisciplined and his in game management is terrible. That’s not even taking into account his laughing stock offense and inept game planning.

He’s a bad leader and doesn’t possess a single redeeming trait to qualify himself as a good HC. He’s a straight up fraud and likely will have to go back to real estate or QB coach after he’s fired
Bet you he gets a OC job in KC or an OC job in 2 years if he doesn’t get one after this season.

Bust

Liked Posts:

When is the last time a NFL coach threw a player under the bus in a press conference? Rarely happens these days.

The days of YOUR MIKE DITKA comedy post game pressers after a loss are long over brah

Enasic

Liked Posts:
When is the last time a NFL coach threw a player under the bus in a press conference? Rarely happens these days.

The days of YOUR MIKE DITKA comedy post game pressers after a loss are long over brah
His teams have been undisciplined. I didn’t say anything about throwing a player under the bus on live tv…but it’s clear listening to this clown that he’s in la la land and doesn’t have the ability to hold players accountable. He can’t even hold himself accountable for being an idiot…offense looks completely different and functional when lazor takes over and instead of heaping praise on lazor and the offense, he lets everyone know “everything goes through me.” Talk about a comedy presser brah

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Only redeeming quality I see is that he hasn’t lost the team even though he has wasted the prime of some really good players. Just go back to trestman to how bad things can get with a weak ass figurehead

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Only redeeming quality I see is that he hasn’t lost the team even though he has wasted the prime of some really good players. Just go back to trestman to how bad things can get with a weak ass figurehead

At least with trestman, he was touted as offensive minded and the bears offense was passable (although he hired terrible DCs and the defense was giving up 50 every week)

Nagy was brought in to coach offense. The Bears have a top 3 worse offense every year he’s been here. Never seen such a deadweight in my life.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I agree personally. Running the ball is so 1990s. Throw that fucker around, I say, that’s the new NFL (just not with 5 man protection sets like Nagy does)

His run scheme is good, but he gets credited as an offensive genius and his track record doesn't back that up.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Bet you he gets a OC job in KC or an OC job in 2 years if he doesn’t get one after this season.
KC would be his only option where being the OC is basically title only. We all know who runs that offense and it’s Andy Reid. Barring that, no way any team hires him as OC within 2 years.