Nagy is an Embarrassment to Bears Fans

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is a bizarre narrative emerging around Nagy on here. Some weird deep dive on his psychology and personality traits and it's all being taken for granted as true. As if people here know him. Fuckin strange how people gotta turn someone into some kind of monster.

Isn't it enough for him to be a bad coach that is failing at his job?

I mean, by every account Nagy is a positive, respectful, selfless, caring dude.

We talkin about a guy that has never once thrown anybody else under the bus. A guy that has stood in front of the media shitstorm and just taken it all without mentioning anyone else.

Maybe he is a shit coach. To me that is enough. Don't need to cast him as some kind of villain caricature.

Bust

Liked Posts:
There is a bizarre narrative emerging around Nagy on here. Some weird deep dive on his psychology and personality traits and it's all being taken for granted as true. As if people here know him. Fuckin strange how people gotta turn someone into some kind of monster.

We talkin about a guy that has never once thrown anybody else under the bus. A guy that has stood in front of the media shitstorm and just taken it all without mentioning anyone else.

Maybe he is a shit coach. To me that is enough. Don't need to cast him as some kind of villain caricature.

This is all pretty fair assessment actually as to the goings on here, heh.

As an aside. Look at the Packer D coordinator who signed with the Bears in the offseason, Mike Pettine. He probably left GB cause he couldn't stand reporting to Matt Lafleur. He declined to sign an extension the year before. Then Lafleur calls out the defense scheme when Brady hit Miller for the TD at the half, yet the packer D created 3 turnovers that game and Lafleur's offense did nothing with it.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
This is all pretty fair assessment actually as to the goings on here, heh.

As an aside. Look at the Packer D coordinator who signed with the Bears in the offseason, Mike Pettine. He probably left GB cause he couldn't stand reporting to Matt Lafleur. He declined to sign an extension the year before. Then Lafleur calls out the defense scheme when Brady hit Miller for the TD at the half, yet the packer D created 3 turnovers that game and Lafleur's offense did nothing with it.
Yep, and LaFleur called a field goal at the end of the game instead of going for it. Must’ve trusted the D more than himself and Rodgers.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

No way dude, we all know he kidnaps damsels and ties them to train tracks.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
It's very hard for me to be embarrassed as a Bears fan after the Cutler NFCCG, and the Marc Trestman era.

We've seen the worst and we've lived to tell the tale. In the words of Norm MacDonald (r.i.p.): whatever doesn't kill you makes you extremely weak and feeble

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Haha! This is a joke, right?
He's 31-37 as a head coach. He's had one good season and is getting a reputation for running his players into the ground and is getting famous for not closing games out.

He's headed for 3rd place this year and better hope he picked the right QB.

What do you think is so great about him?

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
He’s a good leader and the players seem to enjoy playing for him and get behind him. Morale on the team is high and the players could have easily quit on him a long time ago and so far haven’t. He just sucks at play calling and in-game adjustments. If the Bears can take that away from him for good, he may be serviceable and you can maintain the continuity for Fields.
Who would you say is "behind" Nagy currently?

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
Bet you he gets a OC job in KC or an OC job in 2 years if he doesn’t get one after this season.
There is no way, not in KC (you obviously don't remember the play off game KC lost when they let Nagy call the offense) and not anywhere else. Not OC. Will his connections get him some gig, somewhere? probably but not OC for anyone who's been paying attention.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

I thought the narrative was he’s a shitty coach? What bizarre narrative are you referring to?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I was reading this article from The Ringer about the Fury vs. Wilder fight and damn near spit my coffee out when I came across this.

We are in Vegas the same weekend, coincidence?

Look, I think Nagy may actually be serviceable as a head coach, and Colin Cowherd brought up a good point that you can just as easily ruin a young quarterback by changing the coach and having Fields start over and have to learn a new playbook. I just do not want him to have anything to do with the calling the plays and making any adjustments. Let Lazor figure all that out.
If you don't want to change the game plan, Pederson is a much better option than Nagy.

If you don't mind having Fields learn a whole new offense, then Pederson is not a good option.

Keeping Nagy is never a good option.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Why do people still think Nagy could be a decent HC? Please list the qualities he possesses that would make you think this…
I have asked a few people who have defended him the same question.

Their only response was that Nagy took the Bears to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years.

When I pointed out that the Bears went to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years in spite of Nagy, their response was the sound of crickets.

They could not honestly respond.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He’s a good leader and the players seem to enjoy playing for him and get behind him. Morale on the team is high and the players could have easily quit on him a long time ago and so far haven’t. He just sucks at play calling and in-game adjustments. If the Bears can take that away from him for good, he may be serviceable and you can maintain the continuity for Fields.
If you want someone for the players to get behind dump Nagy and force Virginia to bring back the Honey Bears.

They will put a smile on their faces and would be as useful as an offensive genius as Nagy, unless one of the Honey Bears actually knows something about an offensive game plan. Then it would be more than Nagy.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think John Harbaugh or Pete Carroll are good examples. They don’t call plays for either offense or defense but do a good job of leading and motivating the team. I did say Nagy is serviceable, not good.
A bald tire on a car is serviceable, but would you trust your new born baby's health in a car with one of them installed?

Why should the Bears trust the health and development of their baby franchise QB with that literal and figurative bald one?

Replace it with a state of the art "tire" that will be able to weather Bears weather and be able to instantly adjust to the potholes of an NFL game while being able to safely drive beyond the 20 YPC of a Nagy kid zone speed limit.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
When is the last time a NFL coach threw a player under the bus in a press conference? Rarely happens these days.

The days of YOUR MIKE DITKA comedy post game pressers after a loss are long over brah
Who is talking about a press conference?

Nagy coaches up an extremely sloppy team with lots of penalties and poor basic execution. Most of us don't give a damn what he says about them during a press conference, but we sure would like him to kick some ass during the week to hold his players accountable to their own teammates.

Yet, Sunday after Sunday the same mistakes are repeated. That is on him and the coaches.

And since you brought up a press conference, when was the last time a HC tried to make all the positives during the game about him, like Nagy did after the game?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Only redeeming quality I see is that he hasn’t lost the team even though he has wasted the prime of some really good players. Just go back to trestman to how bad things can get with a weak ass figurehead
No proof, but I think he was on the verge of losing the team this week with the continued "Dalton is still QB1" talk.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Considering the continuity of Nagy's scheme with Fields as a reason to not move on from him idiotic. That's like not switching from Spam to filet mignon because you have built up a tolerance to make Spam not give you the shits.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Nah, more like Bob is a good CEO, his company believes in him and his vision and he has created a good company culture but he knows nothing about writing code, so he hired a Tim as a VP of engineering and delegates those duties to him.
No, in your scenario...

Bob decided to have Tim sit in his office as Bob took a manual (that he stole from Stan, the VP of engineering from another company whom he used to work for, bringing him bagels and coffee), randomly opened a page, and closed his eyes and pointed to an item on the page. He would then tell the software department to do what was on that page. Minutes later, he would repeat the whole process for the whole day.

After a month of poor performance, he finally allowed Tim to run the show. Tim, being an average VP of engineering, was able to get the software department to function well enough to not look completely awful.

Since the software department had survived the month and looked ok, Bob decided to play VP of engineering again because "it was fun". As before, the software department was an utter disaster under Bob. He blamed the software engineers, the secretaries and the janitorial staff for the failures instead of admitting that he was to blame.

The board met and forced him to give up VP of engineering duties to the VP of Engineering Tim. During the meeting, the chairwoman of the board lost her favorite pair of shoes when it ended up deep within Bob's poop chute.

Tim was able to have a big turnaround, admittedly during an especially weak month of productivity. Bob decided to take all the credit for everything that everyone else did, almost refusing to admit that Tim was the one responsible for the average basic concepts that caused for some success from the software division.

This is more to what really happened in your scenario and it reveals the stupidity of "Bob" and why he should be canned.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Brandon Staley...big difference between he & Nagy
He said Staley the Bear, not Brandon Staley.

The difference between Staley the Bear and Nagy is that Staley can at least give you a hug that might keep you warm during a December game at Soldier Field.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
And continuity for Fields. Changing everything is very risky for a young QB just learning in the NFL.
Ok, dump Nagy and bring in Pederson.

He is not ideal, but he is ten times better than Nagy ... and Fields does not need to learn a new offense.