Nagy is an Embarrassment to Bears Fans

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do people still think Nagy could be a decent HC? Please list the qualities he possesses that would make you think this…
His teams seem to stay motivated under him....last week he finally looks like he is willing to learn and move forward....

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Players don’t mind playing for him because he’s basically the equivalent of a substitute teacher. No discipline and no accountability. His teams have been very sloppy, undisciplined and his in game management is terrible.
Perfect.

When I see issues where guys are confused on who to block in year 4...there are no excuses for that.

How long do ppl think a Bill Belichick coached team would have that issue?

It would be fixed by the very next week.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
His teams seem to stay motivated under him....last week he finally looks like he is willing to learn and move forward....
I’ve seen quite a number of times where the team has looked very unmotivated. I’ve seen the team legitimately quit against the packers last year. Combine that with poor tackling effort last season (EJ this season), penalties, confusion on assignments, not running back to the ball…I could go on. Nagy just doesn’t have it. The team hasn’t completely imploded which is great, but that doesn’t make you a qualified HC. Pace also deserves credit there because he brings in high character guys. Imagine if this bald fuck had Marshall and Bennett on the team lol…

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
KC would be his only option where being the OC is basically title only. We all know who runs that offense and it’s Andy Reid. Barring that, no way any team hires him as OC within 2 years.
Maybe. Plenty of bad NFL coaches have gotten 2nd chances. I could see some terrible NFL franchise thinking they could make it work with him if they force him to not call plays just based of getting to the playoffs 2/3 times. Even Dan Quinn is a DC right now. People give this league too much credit.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
Why do people still think Nagy could be a decent HC? Please list the qualities he possesses that would make you think this…

He can't even figure out which plays to thrown the red flag for a replay!

The only quality he may possess is his players want to play for him but in reality, we really don't know this for sure, it's just a guess on some people's part.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Only redeeming quality I see is that he hasn’t lost the team even though he has wasted the prime of some really good players. Just go back to trestman to how bad things can get with a weak ass figurehead

There ARE cracks though, for those paying attention.

• Allen Robinson drama (he's been a class act about it, but him and his agent have been frustrated the past 2 years).
  • The entire offense needing to go to Nagy this past week.
  • Eddie Goldman and dragging his feet coming back.
  • Foles popping off on Nagy here and there ever since he got here.
  • Nagy's own weird press conferences of late

Granted, any on their own could just be nothing - but all of these issues building here could indicate that the locker room isn't all seashells and balloons either.

To put it another way - I think if the Bears went on another 3-6 game skid, you could start to see some things unravel (although I don't think it would ever get Trestman-bad).

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
I think to be fair he has decent plays in his playbook. His problem is inability to pick the right play at the right time. He is the guy who has 100 plays and then runs the same 10 no matter the situation
This. Andy Reid runs the same offense successfully. Except Reid is an actual NFL play caller and also can be flexible and know when to adjust.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Haha! This is a joke, right?
Go check out how his offenses have faired and get back to me. He's generally bottom third in scoring offense. One winning season as a hc. He's living off his father's name.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He’s a good leader and the players seem to enjoy playing for him and get behind him. Morale on the team is high and the players could have easily quit on him a long time ago and so far haven’t. He just sucks at play calling and in-game adjustments. If the Bears can take that away from him for good, he may be serviceable and you can maintain the continuity for Fields.
You are basically saying he is good at being a bad HC. That he sucks but at least his players haven't checked out should never be a criterion to advocate for a guy being a HC. As a HC you have to do more than be good at keeping a bad team motivated.

Bob is a horrible sales executive, has no idea what the product actually is but hey he brings coffee and bagels.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
Bob is a horrible sales executive, has no idea what the product actually is but hey he brings coffee and bagels.
Nah, more like Bob is a good CEO, his company believes in him and his vision and he has created a good company culture but he knows nothing about writing code, so he hired a Tim as a VP of engineering and delegates those duties to him.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This. Andy Reid runs the same offense successfully. Except Reid is an actual NFL play caller and also can be flexible and know when to adjust.

I've heard it from multiple players and coaches before.

Most NFL playbooks have 70-80% the same plays no matter where you go. What's different is the terminology used to describe them, call them, etc. Its the vocab that is usually the hardest to digest, but once you know a play, you know a play.

Its the other 20-30% of plays that are unique that give any offense its "identity". That, and how the play caller uses those plays to stress and beat a defense.

Lazor can call a very basic game, but nothing in his history shows anything dynamic.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
So bizarre that the only reasonable comeback for Nagy staying as head coach is... players want to play for him.

But he can suck at everything else? Winning? Offense? Roster picks? Interviews? Head gear?

Don't the players want to play for Staley da Bear too? There has got to be a difference between Staley and the HC.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So bizarre that the only reasonable comeback for Nagy staying as head coach is... players want to play for him.

But he can suck at everything else? Winning? Offense? Roster picks? Interviews? Head gear?

Don't the players want to play for Staley da Bear too? There has got to be a difference between Staley and the HC.
Brandon Staley...big difference between he & Nagy

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Fields is built different. Super smart, catches on quick. He'll be fine.
Agree.

The nonsensical argument is... we have to have Fields continue eating crap (Nagy), because, well... continuity.

Woe to Fields and the Bears to try to switch gears and get a decent, possibly great head coach. That would surely mess him up.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'm ready for Nagy to Leave even if he gives up play calling.

How many times have we come out of a Bye week and looked flat, same goes with the first game of the season. Penalties are also a reflection of the HC....

I want Nagy to give up play calling this season and to be gone at the end of the year....