Nagy is scaling back the offensive approach

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, gotta give the kid the entire season.. This isn't Madden. Sitting the kid this early could have irreparable repercussions

I would agree with that, if this wasn’t a playoff caliber team.

We’ll see if they can start scoring more than 16 to 17 pts a gm on offense. However if they can’t and the playoffs start slipping away, then you sit Mitch. There is no guarantee that the defense will be this good or healthy (so far) next year.

Rainmaker1600

Liked Posts:
I would agree with that, if this wasn’t a playoff caliber team.

We’ll see if they can start scoring more than 16 to 17 pts a gm on offense. However if they can’t and the playoffs start slipping away, then you sit Mitch. There is no guarantee that the defense will be this good or healthy (so far) next year.

Question.. Playoffs or possibly developing a franchise changing quarterback? Keep in mind, Andy Reid's offense is extremely complex. Don't believe me? See Wentz's rookie stats

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
Question.. Playoffs or possibly developing a franchise changing quarterback? Also, keep in mind, the Andy Reid offense is extremely complex. See Wentz stats his rookie yr Alex Smith's 2013 stats

I’m more in favor of a bird in the hand. We know the Bears have a playoff caliber team, we don’t know if Mitch is a franchise QB. I also know that winning is what will keep Pace & Nagy employeed, no matter who they do it with.

Like I stated earlier we’ll see how it goes. I’m just saying if the Bears start falling out of the playoff picture due to the QB, then they need to make a change. Hopefully Mitch starts putting points on the board.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Give me the preseason scaled back offense in KC game. Just use Mitch like they should have in the preseason.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Give me the preseason scaled back offense in KC game. Just use Mitch like they should have in the preseason.

They claimed that Mitch was "ready to go" and "didn't need more reps" and "more than enough reps in camp to get this offense". And that is why it was OK to sit him in the pre-season.

Do you now think the reason that they sat him had to do with wanting to not expose the fans to his unmistakable ignorance of the system? the same system they claimed he had perfected?

It's interesting that they now have to again, dumb down, that system for our QB that they have already dumbed down.

Remember when Martz had to do that for Cutler...?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
To the idiots that are all up in arms about this: have you noticed that the scripted plays to start the game have mostly been crisp as fuck? Do you know why that is? Because the offense practices those a shitton more than the rest of the playbook and are completely comfortable with them. Then, later in the game when Nagy starts delving deep into his bag to plays that maybe haven't been run in practice for a few weeks, guys run wrong routes, blocking assignments are missed, the QB is unsure of his reads, and so on.

I'm not really sure why this is such a difficult concept to grasp.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I dont mind this but i want to know if nagy handed Mitch and the offense the whole playbook and expected results?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They claimed that Mitch was "ready to go" and "didn't need more reps" and "more than enough reps in camp to get this offense". And that is why it was OK to sit him in the pre-season.

Do you now think the reason that they sat him had to do with wanting to not expose the fans to his unmistakable ignorance of the system? the same system they claimed he had perfected?

It's interesting that they now have to again, dumb down, that system for our QB that they have already dumbed down.

Yes. He did it in 11 and the results were pretty good

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
This will make the Bears offense more predictable and easy to defend. How will this increase offensive scoring?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...3e6aa2-c1d7-11e8-9451-e878f96be19b_story.html
I know it disappoints folks to think Trub can't mentally master the larger playbook...

And naturally, less plays, less options, more predictable, less potential...

But this is a very good move by Nagy. Trub has talent, and I don't think he's a moron. And I don't think all of Nagy's plays are good, or good for this team. This is simple process improvement. Trub could really play excellent with less plays that he understands by heart. Great news!

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Yes. He did it in 11 and the results were pretty good

You were good with Cutlers 85 QBr, 13 TD's, 2300 yards and 58% completion rate??

Or were you one of those "We were 7 and 3 and would have won the SB if Jay didn't get a boo boo" Bears fans?

Bears fans are so stupid. They remember the San Diego game at home. And Ignore that the week before, he completed just 9 passes. Which was less than half the passes he threw.

There was a game a few weeks earlier. Not sure exactly when, but we played the Panthers and he also only completed 7 passes.

We were winning despite Cutler. Not because of him.

But go ahead and show me why he was good that year...

I'll wait here.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I know it disappoints folks to think Trub can't mentally master the larger playbook...

And naturally, less plays, less options, more predictable, less potential...

But this is a very good move by Nagy. Trub has talent, and I don't think he's a moron. And I don't think all of Nagy's plays are good, or good for this team. This is simple process improvement. Trub could really play excellent with less plays that he understands by heart. Great news!

He has already done this. He has limited the playbook going into the season.

He's doing it again.

Im confused as to why after 15 NFL starts, Bears fans think this is a good thing.

It's not.

Newblood

Liked Posts:

Pretty sure most all of this was never said. But let's run with it mkay

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Holy fuck. This is literally how rumors start and why the media is sometimes not even worth paying attention to.

I heard what was said and it was in direct response to a question asked to Nagy. They then of course took that opportunity to follow it up with Mitch. And that is how you manufacture a story. In short, neither Nagy nor Mitch ever said the offense was going to be scaled back. I literally knew it the moment I heard this shit that this would happen.

Next time post about it before you claim you knew it would happen so at least you have a #calledit. All you have now is just the bolded.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
pretty sure you need to watch Nagy's pressers and him answering why he didn't play.

I have, that's why I know it's bullshit. But take it and run fatboy.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You were good with Cutlers 85 QBr, 13 TD's, 2300 yards and 58% completion rate??

Or were you one of those "We were 7 and 3 and would have won the SB if Jay didn't get a boo boo" Bears fans?

Bears fans are so stupid. They remember the San Diego game at home. And Ignore that the week before, he completed just 9 passes. Which was less than half the passes he threw.

There was a game a few weeks earlier. Not sure exactly when, but we played the Panthers and he also only completed 7 passes.

We were winning despite Cutler. Not because of him.

But go ahead and show me why he was good that year...

I'll wait here.

We were winning because of a great mixture of Forte and Cutler. Martz first came out with nothing but seven step drops which yielded failed results.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He has already done this. He has limited the playbook going into the season.

He's doing it again.

Im confused as to why after 15 NFL starts, Bears fans think this is a good thing.

It's not.

When did he limit the playbook the first time mongo?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
When did he limit the playbook the first time mongo?

Per Mongo, Nagy said that Trubisky perfected the playbook, therefore he scaled back the playbook in preseason. #mongologic #anotherweaktroll

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
To the idiots that are all up in arms about this: have you noticed that the scripted plays to start the game have mostly been crisp as fuck? Do you know why that is? Because the offense practices those a shitton more than the rest of the playbook and are completely comfortable with them. Then, later in the game when Nagy starts delving deep into his bag to plays that maybe haven't been run in practice for a few weeks, guys run wrong routes, blocking assignments are missed, the QB is unsure of his reads, and so on.

I'm not really sure why this is such a difficult concept to grasp.

Indeed. I believe they have 2 opening drive TDs which is already more than all of last season