Nagy just announced as HC

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel sorry for whatever GM hires McDaniels and the DC that's got to work with him.. You've got to be desperate to make that move.
But will you feel sorry for them this same time next year or will you be the sorry one? That's the real question.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
But will you feel sorry for them this same time next year or will you be the sorry one? That's the real question.

I'm confused with why you are SO upset with this move. It's not like the Bears have done something similar to this hire in year's past. You act like they just went with an old defensive minded coach, or a guy that is coming from Canada with no experience.

Sure I liked McDaniels but how the fuck was he any safer of a bet than Nagy? McDaniels already had a shot and flamed out in epic fashion. How is that any safer than going with a guy like Nagy?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you upset the we went with a relative unknown or are you upset that we're not trying to copy Belichick's model? Seems like you'd just rather try and mimic New England because that's safer even though all of Belichick's former assistants have crashed and burned, including McDaniels.
I'm just not looking for a babysitter for Trubisky. Was looking for a real HC.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Well done Pace. Nagy was my 1b) after Flip.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
But he was your choice for coach right?
Not because I believe him to be like Belichick. He went through that phase of trying to be like Belichick and is past it. Now is just a great football mind ready to lead.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
People see a young guy go to the Rams, then their QB is better and the team is going to the playoffs so, sure, get the young guy who will make the QB better and take our team to the playoffs. It's been all the rage with the dopes on this board for the longest time now. Doesn't work like that though IRL. Trubisky ain't Goff. Cohen ain't Hill. Nagy ain't McVay.

Defense finished 10th in Yards and 9th in points playing the 4th hardest strength of schedule behind the Falcons, Panthers and Packers. This despite the injuries at OLB that hurt our pass rush.

So the fact is that side of the ball is making progress and if Fangio stays, there is no reason to think it won't continue to do so. I have no clue who will be the better head coach but McDaniels has very little experience when it comes to the run game being the focal point of an offense. He has spent most of his career in New England where the run game is an afterthought. Something you do to give Brady a breather. They have run quite well recently but a lot of that is because of the fear of Brady.

While Nagy hasn't called plays, he at least has experience in an offense that features the run games. An offense that is more balanced in the sense that teams weren't geared up to stop Smith like they were Brady. Given our strength right now is at RB, I am not sure why you think Nagy is just a QB whisperer when Kareem Hunt experienced his most activity during the time Nagy was calling plays. If anything, it is Daniels who has very limited track record being committed to anything other than the passing game.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Not because I believe him to be like Belichick. He went through that phase of trying to be like Belichick and is past it. Now is just a great football mind ready to lead.
He tell you that personally, or is it a hunch?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm confused with why you are SO upset with this move. It's not like the Bears have done something similar to this hire in year's past. You act like they just went with an old defensive minded coach, or a guy that is coming from Canada with no experience.

Sure I liked McDaniels but how the fuck was he any safer of a bet than Nagy? McDaniels already had a shot and flamed out in epic fashion. How is that any safer than going with a guy like Nagy?
I don't think the correlation to Trestman would be entirely wrong in this case.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

You’re right, Trestman would have been a similar correlation to the Bears hiring McDaniels. Both had extensive experience being an OC on successful teams with HOF QBs, and both have proven they aren’t capable of being a leader. Glad we didn’t go down that road again.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

What is it in your mind that makes them so similar?

Why are you so confident McDaniels will succeed this time around?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Defense finished 10th in Yards and 9th in points playing the 4th hardest strength of schedule behind the Falcons, Panthers and Packers. This despite the injuries at OLB that hurt our pass rush.

So the fact is that side of the ball is making progress and if Fangio stays, there is no reason to think it won't continue to do so. I have no clue who will be the better head coach but McDaniels has very little experience when it comes to the run game being the focal point of an offense. He has spent most of his career in New England where the run game is an afterthought. Something you do to give Brady a breather. They have run quite well recently but a lot of that is because of the fear of Brady.

While Nagy hasn't called plays, he at least has experience in an offense that features the run games. An offense that is more balanced in the sense that teams weren't geared up to stop Smith like they were Brady. Given our strength right now is at RB, I am not sure why you think Nagy is just a QB whisperer when Kareem Hunt experienced his most activity during the time Nagy was calling plays. If anything, it is Daniels who has very limited track record being committed to anything other than the passing game.
He's very inexperienced and the main reason I would see the Bears taking him is because they do believe him to be that QB whisperer type. And I think a lot more should go into deciding your HC than that.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is it in your mind that makes them so similar?

Why are you so confident McDaniels will succeed this time around?
They were brought in for essentially the same reason, get the most out of the current QB. Neither ready to lead an NFL team though.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
John DeFilippo is probably to green for a job in the NFL right now. Eagles will probably promote him to offensive coordinator and let go Frank Reich.

Matt Nagy & Reich together would be fun.