dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Been on vacation the past several days in Illinois. On the way back to Kansas City as we speak. Heard some idiot call in and say Chiefs fans are laughing at the Bears and saying, “Get ready for all bubble screens and runs up the middle.”

As many of you know, I live in Kansas City and work in a job that puts me in direct contact with tons of fans and indirect contact with members of the Chiefs coaching staff. I don’t know who that dude was talking to, but he either has got to be lying or talking to some fans who are in the extreme minority. The vast vast majority of the fans I’ve spoken with love Nagy, lovingly and uncreatively referred to as “Nags”. They credit him with helping save the Chiefs season, since they were 6-6 when he came in to call plays, then undefeated afterward.

They’re well aware that Reid/Peterson/Nagy are to thank for making Alex Smith look All-Pro and Nagy is largely credited with making Mahomes look good the other game (although I personally don’t think Mahomes has the skills to start in the NFL, there’s no denying Nagy’s plays set him up to succeed and made him look good.)

I would’ve been cool with a few different options, but I’m ecstatic with this pick. At worst, Nagy will make Trubisky look very good. We’ve got our offensive mind.

Actually they went 3-1 after Nagy took over play calling but whatever cause he did a good job with his minimal play calling duties.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
Totally on board with this hire. Nagy and Flip were my 2 favs and we got one. No worries about an OC leaving us after 1 or 2 years if Trubisky lights it up, learning new playbook/terminology/etc. Also - this guy will get Shaheen & Cohen on the field and in good positions unlike Dowell & Fox.

If we keep Fangio, I'll be even more thrilled. If Nagy can somehow get Toub to come back to Chicago for ST, I will be absolutely fired up.

I am impressed with Pace taking some quick, bold actions. He found his guy and grabbed him. Now lets go draft a few more pieces, sign a few more FA's, and lets put this damn puzzle together finally.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Don't forget about Mizzell either! He has a lot of the same abilities as Cohen I think. Could be a three-headed monster. I do really like Benny Cunningham, he played great this year.

If we don't bring Benny back then i'm sure Pace will find a pass catching RB in free agency to take his spot, that's if they don't feel Mizzell can produce as the #3 RB.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like what I like and dislike what I dislike. I call it objectively. You just put a negative trolling slant on everything. I think you just hedge your bets. If you're wrong, you can be happy about the Bears. If the Bears fail, you get to enjoy CCS more. Win win, am I right?

Of course I am.
No, you're not right. Wasn't the right move for a team this lost. Wanted a good football mind not someone you think will make your QB better.

I was turned off by Nagy quickly with him getting all kinds of credit for all kinds of things while assuming no blame. I also made it clear I felt McDaniels was the best choice so certainly wasn't looking to hedge any bets on that.

People see a young guy go to the Rams, then their QB is better and the team is going to the playoffs so, sure, get the young guy who will make the QB better and take our team to the playoffs. It's been all the rage with the dopes on this board for the longest time now. Doesn't work like that though IRL. Trubisky ain't Goff. Cohen ain't Hill. Nagy ain't McVay.

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
No, you're not right. Wasn't the right move for a team this lost. Wanted a good football mind not someone you think will make your QB better.

I was turned off by Nagy quickly with him getting all kinds of credit for all kinds of things while assuming no blame. I also made it clear I felt McDaniels was the best choice so certainly wasn't looking to hedge any bets on that.

People see a young guy go to the Rams, then their QB is better and the team is going to the playoffs so, sure, get the young guy who will make the QB better and take our team to the playoffs. It's been all the rage with the dopes on this board for the longest time now. Doesn't work like that though IRL. Trubisky ain't Goff. Cohen ain't Hill. Nagy ain't McVay.
Give It Up. You are always the first one to second-guess everything but never have the stones to First guess anything.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:

Just like McDaniels isn't Belichick

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Give It Up. You are always the first one to second-guess everything but never have the stones to First guess anything.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
I guessed McDaniels, jackass. Let's see who does better this time around.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I guessed McDaniels, jackass. Let's see who does better this time around.

I feel sorry for whatever GM hires McDaniels and the DC that's got to work with him.. You've got to be desperate to make that move.

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Too much credit. Bears offense was the kid jamming a crayon in his ear while shitting in the corner.

Look man, it's hard to keep lunch in without an afternoon poop break, alright?

I mean.. Oh yeah, that kid. That definitely wasn't me.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I like what I like and dislike what I dislike. I call it objectively. You just put a negative trolling slant on everything. I think you just hedge your bets. If you're wrong, you can be happy about the Bears. If the Bears fail, you get to enjoy CCS more. Win win, am I right?

Of course I am.
This man is right.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies

Are you upset the we went with a relative unknown or are you upset that we're not trying to copy Belichick's model? Seems like you'd just rather try and mimic New England because that's safer even though all of Belichick's former assistants have crashed and burned, including McDaniels.