Nagy just announced as HC

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
yeah but there is so much behind the scenes stuff going on that if Pace really wanted Nagy and Nagy really wanted the Bears job and both sides know this.. Then as long as he doesn't blow the interview then its a "done deal"

So it was pretty cool that Reid gave him the time to prep for it

Eh, I'd want Reid or Nagy to confirm before I really believe this. Don't think it is cool from the perspective of a Chief's fan. I find it more likely that Reid simply decided he would call plays because he thinks he is good at it and didn't want to risk an OC whose heart wasn't completely into the game.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe Taquan Mizzell will see the field? He has good hands, so the Ravens fans said. Could Bellamy finally be gone? The scrubs the Chiefs kept employed as WRs for years doesn't necessarily foretell of big changes.

How bout being Excited about what he's gonna do with our starting running back Jordan Howard!

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How bout being Excited about what he's gonna do with our starting running back Jordan Howard!

Right but, Jordan needs to work out his fear of balls thrown, not handed to him. I really like him as our RB, don't get me wrong. He literally does almost everything else great (falls forward always, good pass blocker, shifty). He can't outrun most DBs I guess, but I'm okay with that.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Is Nagy a Reid mini-me? I can't find any experience outside working for Andy Reid. I don't know much about him. Why is this a better hire than Shurmur, Defillipo or McDaniels? I wonder if the top tier candidates turned the job down.

I want to get excited about this hire, but I don't know his background outside of Andy Reid.

The reason he is better than McDaniels is he is not McDaniels.

Imagine that smarmy punk on our sidelines and having to root for him. No thanks!

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Eh, I'd want Reid or Nagy to confirm before I really believe this. Don't think it is cool from the perspective of a Chief's fan. I find it more likely that Reid simply decided he would call plays because he thinks he is good at it and didn't want to risk an OC whose heart wasn't completely into the game.

well yeah im just speculating. all we have is the tweet about it (which came from inside the team) its just that if everyone in the building knew it was a "done deal" before the actual interview then my speculation fits that.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If this guy is the reason that Alex Smit went from game managing scrub to a decent starting qb then im with this hire.

Alex Smith got better when he got to KC. Naggy worked with him. So, this makes me feel good about the hire.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Been on vacation the past several days in Illinois. On the way back to Kansas City as we speak. Heard some idiot call in and say Chiefs fans are laughing at the Bears and saying, “Get ready for all bubble screens and runs up the middle.”

As many of you know, I live in Kansas City and work in a job that puts me in direct contact with tons of fans and indirect contact with members of the Chiefs coaching staff. I don’t know who that dude was talking to, but he either has got to be lying or talking to some fans who are in the extreme minority. The vast vast majority of the fans I’ve spoken with love Nagy, lovingly and uncreatively referred to as “Nags”. They credit him with helping save the Chiefs season, since they were 6-6 when he came in to call plays, then undefeated afterward.

They’re well aware that Reid/Peterson/Nagy are to thank for making Alex Smith look All-Pro and Nagy is largely credited with making Mahomes look good the other game (although I personally don’t think Mahomes has the skills to start in the NFL, there’s no denying Nagy’s plays set him up to succeed and made him look good.)

I would’ve been cool with a few different options, but I’m ecstatic with this pick. At worst, Nagy will make Trubisky look very good. We’ve got our offensive mind.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Don't forget about Mizzell either! He has a lot of the same abilities as Cohen I think. Could be a three-headed monster. I do really like Benny Cunningham, he played great this year.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Believe it or not, I’m more excited about what he’s going to do with Cohen. But I’m also looking forward to Jordan Howard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe he'll be a good back up, but that's all he'll ever be! Howard is SOOO underrated even more so by Bears fan! damn shame!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So many scared about whether he can be a HC. Any one of us could be the HC of the Bears on any Monday.

It’s Sundays we’re concerned about.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I believe he'll be a good back up, but that's all he'll ever be! Howard is SOOO underrated even more so by Bears fan! damn shame!

I also think he is a good back up. I never said Howard was underrated just so you know. But Cohen has the bigger play making ability. That’s why I said I was more excited to see what happens with him. More excited. Which I’m still excited to see Howard just more on Cohen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk