Nagy just announced as HC

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Smith isn't thought of as having a strong arm though is he?

No the the split with Mahomes was 60/40. So definitely threw deeper with him but the offense was definitely geared towards the short stuff as Reid is a WCO guy.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yep, he was under qualified never saw the allure.

I saw the allure, but I thought he was being overrated by everyone just for Wentz success. Nobody talked about the qbs who failed under him.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought we were gonna be like the Rams and go to the playoffs right away?

- avoiding another disastrous year of injury luck

- Trubisky taking a positive step up into his second year

- a solid offseason personnel wise

These three things and they are a playoff contender immediately.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Great hire! He was my favorite coaching prospect.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Interested to see what this means for Jordan Howard. He better be on the jugs machine this offseason.

For real. Or if by some miracle Barkley falls to the Bears (of course I dont actually see this happening). Being able to catch is going to be extremely important for Howard.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Our new head coach - The Professional

994LTP_Jean_Reno_018.jpg

classic-retro-antiuv-round-sunglasses-leon_71.jpg

My god is that a great movie, thanks for the daily reminder.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
John DeFillippo as OC for Nagy please!
Not likely if Nagy is to be the playcaller. Also, I would rather they get a guy that may be with Mitch a few years, DeFilippo likely would be a one and done and the Bears would be looking again next year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol wut. His interview was after the game.

Doesnt make sense. If it was a done deal then why would he need to spend so much time prepping for it before the game?

Seems like hyperbole to me.

Bears: hey we definitely are going to hire Nagy but can he take valuable time to prep for an interview that is just a formality instead of preparing for the Titans?

Reid: But of course. I love risking game plan time for an interview that doesnt actually matter.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I was hoping it was Shurmur, but Nagy will do.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Doesnt make sense. If it was a done deal then why would he need to spend so much time prepping for it before the game?

Bears: hey we definitely are going to hire Nagy but can he take valuable time to prep for an interview that is just a formality instead of preparing for the Titans?

Reid: But of course. I love risking game plan time for an interview that doesnt actually matter.
Brings back memories that Rivera said he spent time focused on interviews for HC instead of more prepping vs the Colts in the sb

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Excited to see what Nagy cand do with a guy like Cohen considering how that offense is designed for players that have good YAC ability.

We definitely need to change our approach to WRs though as currently aside from maybe Shaheen and Cohen, we don't have a lot of WRs that fit this kind of offense. I would expect us to target speed and quickness over size.

Maybe Taquan Mizzell will see the field? He has good hands, so the Ravens fans said. Could Bellamy finally be gone? The scrubs the Chiefs kept employed as WRs for years doesn't necessarily foretell of big changes.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

yeah but there is so much behind the scenes stuff going on that if Pace really wanted Nagy and Nagy really wanted the Bears job and both sides know this.. Then as long as he doesn't blow the interview then its a "done deal"

So it was pretty cool that Reid gave him the time to prep for it