Nagy just announced as HC

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
So the 2 big questions for those of you who love the Nagy move are 1) How long for the rebuild now? 2) Are you all certain this is Pace's guy?

Let’s talk after staff has been assembled but priority is that the offense improves out of sight from what we saw in 2017. Pace has gone all in on his QB by hiring a bright offensive mind who is high on him. It’s the right decision from the available candidates I think.

I’d say we need to be close to .500 in 2018 and in the playoffs in 2019.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
If Fillipo doesn’t get a HC gig, being OC for bears would be a promotion. Similar situation happened with Fox/Gase.

He’s being interviewed for HC positions. Bit of a comedown to not even be a playcalling OC. Almost no chance this happens.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
last 5 games, where they scored 31,26,30,29 and 27 points

and I guess he scripted the first 15 plays and Reid called the rest against the Titans (according to 670 again)
Gotta love this shit saying Nagy only called plays when the Chiefs offense did good. Yeah, he scripted the first half of that playoff game in which the Chiefs actually scored but had nothing to do with the playcalling or offense, in general, in the second half. Hahahahahahahahaha

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So let’s say defensive legend fangio says no can do I’m out of here.

Who is everyone’s second choice at dc?

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I do like that he won't be able to bring in a bunch of retreads from his last job like how Fox brought in all of the guys from Denver.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I certainly never said that but I do think the Bears could position themselves to take that course too. But ultimately, I think they're more likely a 8-9 win team Nagy's first year and then should really take that next step in year two. But it's really hard to say without free agency and the draft.

8-9 wins in his first year with a young QB who will have to learn a new system and will more then likely be working with at least 4 new WR's is a lot. Not saying it can't happen but i would expect next year will be a lot of learning going on especially for the first half of the year. Will also depend a lot on who Pace gets in free agency and the draft. Is this the year he goes for it and signs one or two of the big ticket players in free agency or does he sign a lot of players to one year prove it deals again in hopes of getting lucky with a couple of them. Hopefully he does both in signing a couple of legit names and finds some guys to take chances on and hope he hits big on a couple of them.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So the 2 big questions for those of you who love the Nagy move are 1) How long for the rebuild now? 2) Are you all certain this is Pace's guy?

1) 56 weeks to the Super Bowl
2) Absolutely until he shows otherwise

Expecting more of the same failure from the Bears FO is a stretch for you?

So what's keeping you here? The Bears are a dysfunctional organization. They've been that way since the 50's except for a short stint in the '60s and very short in the '80s. If you have no hope for change there are 31 other teams. You don't even have to pay to watch whatever team you want.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it pronounced Ney-gee or Nag-E? I have heard both on 670...

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
really interesting to hear that reid helped pederson's staff in philly

looking forward to how many of nagy/reid's guys are going to fill out the staff. not crazy about the news of ragone and a couple other coaches likeliness to remain...unless they have a past connection and established rapport with nagy.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Chiefs now have an OC problem. Brad Childress looks to be retiring. Their DC Sutton is likely out too. KC becoming a sinking ship?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which games did Nagy call this year?

here is an article that shows how much better the offense got with Nagy....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...oved-since-andy-reid-handed-off-to-matt-nagy/

Heading into December, the Chiefs’ offense was in a tailspin and coach Andy Reid decided to hand play calling to offensive coordinator Matt Nagy. The results have been impressive.
In the four games before Reid gave up play calling, the Chiefs were 1-3 and had averaged 16 points a game and 300 yards a game. In the four games since Reid gave up play calling, the Chiefs are 3-1 and have averaged 29 points a game and 421 yards a game.
Alex Smith has been a major beneficiary of Nagy’s play calling. In the four games before the switch, Smith had a passer rating of 78.7 and there was talk of the Chiefs benching Smith for Patrick Mahomes. Since the switch, Smith has a passer rating of 105.3, and no one is talking about benching him.
And rookie running back Kareem Hunt may have been an even bigger beneficiary of Nagy taking over the offense. After a hot start, Hunt had started to disappear in the middle of the season, with 60 carries for 173 yards, 11 catches for 59 yards, and zero total touchdowns in the four games before Nagy took the reins of the offense. In the four games since Nagy has started calling plays, Hunt has 87 carries for 402 yards and three touchdowns, plus 17 catches for 111 yards and a receiving touchdown.
The Chiefs have now clinched the AFC West and can rest their starters in Week 17 before a home playoff game in the wild card round. They’re in great shape heading into the postseason, thanks in large part to Reid’s wise decision to take a step back.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Great play calls in this game. Love the first play. If we can get at least 50% of this offense plus our top 10 defense if Vic stays, that would be awesome.

https://youtu.be/mxdqRod0Q2U

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk