Nagy just announced as HC

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The fact idiots like yourself like the move, make me more confident it was a bad one.

I viewed this as the worst potential HC hire cause he is the least qualified. The top brass in Halas Hall has failed us again...

Going out on a limb and predicting doom and gloom again? Wow, imagine that.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
So the 2 big questions for those of you who love the Nagy move are 1) How long for the rebuild now? 2) Are you all certain this is Pace's guy?

1. I think the Bears need to be in the playoffs within the next two years, or at least in position to be. They need to win 7-8 games minimum this season, Trubisky needs to show growth and lead a respectable offense at the least. Then the following year, Bears need to be at the very least a 9-10 win team.

2. Yes.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
hiring someone because they believe in an unproven commodity you arw emotionally attached to is a good way to get fired.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Um, if Trubisky isn't good, Pace is fired regardless.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. I think the Bears need to be in the playoffs within the next two years, or at least in position to be. They need to win 7-8 games minimum this season, Trubisky needs to show growth and lead a respectable offense at the least. Then the following year, Bears need to be at the very least a 9-10 win team.

2. Yes.
I thought we were gonna be like the Rams and go to the playoffs right away?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I thought we were gonna be like the Rams and go to the playoffs right away?

I certainly never said that but I do think the Bears could position themselves to take that course too. But ultimately, I think they're more likely a 8-9 win team Nagy's first year and then should really take that next step in year two. But it's really hard to say without free agency and the draft.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Why I am a fan of Matt Nagy

1. Andy Ried just produces NFL Head Coaches and has called Nagy the best coaching prospect he has ever had.

2. Andy Ried can help him build a staff. Gabriel talked about how Ried helped Pederson assemble an incredibly strong staff in Philly. Access to the Ried Rolodex is huge for building a staff.

3. The Chiefs offense is the most creative and unpredictable in the NFL and Nagy has a masters in it.

4. The Chiefs offense got better when he called plays this season.

5. Has played QB, has coached QBs, and knows the position that we need to develop.

Amen to all of that, Windy! Amen, Brother!

And I have been digging the read-options for Alex Smith (who is actually a fine athlete, contrary to popular belief), as well as the designed runs they had for him, too. Trubisky has a great chance to flourish under Nagy and his offense.

And can you imagine the variety of ways he might use Cohen?!

Now, to get Meredith and White healthy, along with a legit FA WR and pass catching TE.

I'm pumped!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Doesn't KC throw a lot of bubble screens & short passes? That might get old quick.

Yes. 68% of Smith's passes were within 10 yards and 25% of those were behind the line of scrimmage.

They had a lot of success because of YAC.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I certainly never said that but I do think the Bears could position themselves to take that course too. But ultimately, I think they're more likely a 8-9 win team Nagy's first year and then should really take that next step in year two. But it's really hard to say without free agency and the draft.
Well, it's nice of you to throw in an extra win for the coming year since your last post. Thanks.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Yes. 68% of Smith's passes were within 10 yards and 25% of those were behind the line of scrimmage.

They had a lot of success because of YAC.

And that got them winning and averaging 28.6 points a game under Nagy. I’ll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I don't have an opinion on this either way. Where are omelet and shoopster to make sense of this?

baredown

Liked Posts:
If I was Fangio I would take the first flight to Green Bay tomorrow, then come back and tell Sweaty Teddy he is going to give me a raise.

Or he can save himself the airfare, as well as the nuisance of visiting Green Bay, and just tell the Bears what's its going to cost them to keep him. Fangio's the one holding all the high cards here. He'd have a selection of jobs to choose from if he decides to leave, while the Bears will find themselves retooling on both sides of the ball if they let him go. Fangio will likely end up being one of the highest paid DCs in the NFL, no matter which way he goes, and the Bears know it. No need to visit anywhere else, just tell them the number needed to keep him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don’t be stupid... Luck as a finished product is a good thing, not a bad thing. That’s like saying a new coach wouldn’t want Tom Brady.

Umm no Luck isn't anywhere near Brady because he has a lot of bad habits and throws a lot of picks. Luck is not Brady or Rodgers in terms of having limited flaws.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Well, it's nice of you to throw in an extra win for the coming year since your last post. Thanks.

Actually, I originally said they "need" to win 7-8 games and then later went on to say but I believe they'll win 8-9. I didn't add anything. Much like your post. C'mon Sparts

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But they really love using the running backs to throw to and J.Howard........................i don't think i need to finish this. Howard can catch but he has dropped a lot of big ones.

Can't wait to see how he uses Cohen and Shaheen though.

Yes will be interesting to see how Howard fits. The fsct they ran Hunt only 11 times when they were upset is odd. I know people say Reid called the game but you would expect Reid, Nagy or someone to notice the lack of running.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Umm no Luck isn't anywhere near Brady because he has a lot of bad habits and throws a lot of picks. Luck is not Brady or Rodgers in terms of having limited flaws.

You really are daft... I never said Luck was Brady. If you can’t put together that the comparison was about having an already developed good QB... then we’ll sorry.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Back in Nov:

fucking-called-it.jpg