Nagy just announced as HC

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saw this posted on another site...

I've been listening to the Spiegel and Parkins show ever since it was announced Nagy is the head coach. Parkins used to be a radio host in KC and he has many current connections to the organization. This is what his connections are texting him about Nagy.

One connection, who currently works within the organization and was around for both Pederson and Nagy, says "Nagy is pronounced Nag-Gee and not Nay-Gee, and that he is more competent than Pederson was."

Another says, "Nagy is a self-made guy. Ten years ago he left a high paying job to take a job under Reid where he made next to nothing. He had four kids at the time, but bet on himself. Ten years later and he's an NFL head coach. He's a risk taker and is not afraid of anything."

Also, they have another connection local to Chicago that says the Bears are desperately trying to retain Fangio as the DC and will do as much as possible to make sure he isn't coaching elsewhere.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
If I was Fangio I would take the first flight to Green Bay tomorrow, then come back and tell Sweaty Teddy he is going to give me a raise.

not if he wants a HC shot.. only chance of that is if he builds a great Defense.. He is closer to that with the Bears..

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Pace has his coach and QB. No excuse anymore Fanboys!

New system. It can take 6 years before the players learn it and get the open book.

(No I don't buy that and from the sounds of it that isn't how Nagy works. Work the system to your players not your players to the system.)

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Barring a 1-15 disaster I can't see anything causing heads to roll next year. By design or not.... Pace has bought himself at least a year, more likely 2 or 3.

Sure, sure. They are both safe for at least 2 years, maybe even 3. I don't even know if playoffs are viable next year, but we should be in the hunt. I would think playoffs in Year 2 is more then attainable.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Rich Campbell
‏@Rich_Campbell
42m42 minutes ago
Look for Bears incumbent QB coach Dave Ragone to remain on Matt Nagy’s staff. Not only did Bears respect his work with QB Mitch Trubisky, but also Rags and Nagy share the same agent.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The good thing is that we now have a GM, HC and QB who will succeed or fail together. It's cohesive and gives the team direction. It's good.

If it works with the 3 of them then we're set with 3 young people that are all playing critical parts to the Bears having success.

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy is currently in the air on his way to Chicago. Press conference tomorrow.

“Loves Trubisky. Believes Cohen can be as productive as Tyreke Hill”.

Safe to say the Bears are back

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Saw this posted on another site...

I've been listening to the Spiegel and Parkins show ever since it was announced Nagy is the head coach. Parkins used to be a radio host in KC and he has many current connections to the organization. This is what his connections are texting him about Nagy.

One connection, who currently works within the organization and was around for both Pederson and Nagy, says "Nagy is pronounced Nag-Gee and not Nay-Gee, and that he is more competent than Pederson was."

Another says, "Nagy is a self-made guy. Ten years ago he left a high paying job to take a job under Reid where he made next to nothing. He had four kids at the time, but bet on himself. Ten years later and he's an NFL head coach. He's a risk taker and is not afraid of anything."

Also, they have another connection local to Chicago that says the Bears are desperately trying to retain Fangio as the DC and will do as much as possible to make sure he isn't coaching elsewhere.

I heard that too but I thought they said "confident" not "competent" but since that is literally basically the same thing I am good with it.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Agreed.....they were hard to predict and used every asset they had. Great mix of plays. Also used the running back for all you Howard lovers.....

This guy is the Anti-Loggains

He does kind of look Elfish.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nagy is currently in the air on his way to Chicago. Press conference tomorrow.

“Loves Trubisky. Believes Cohen can be as productive as Tyreke Hill”.

Safe to say the Bears are back

LOL..... uh no it's not. And I'm as excited as anyone here about the hire.

Can't wait to see how he uses Cohen though. Shit's gonna be fun.

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
John DeFillippo as OC for Nagy please!