Nagy just announced as HC

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
Doesn't KC throw a lot of bubble screens & short passes? That might get old quick.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do you think pace is being forced to try and keep Fangio. Isn't the DC/OC hires going to be up to Nagy? And if we do keep Fangio, is that a bad thing? Our defense has been the only bright spot over the last few years.

Cause people gonna hate.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not saying Trubisky is better than Luck because Luck is a great player. I'm talking about Luck's health. If he was healthy, there is no question any coach would pick Luck at this point in their careers.

It wasn't a litmus test between Trubisky and Luck. Luck seemingly doesn't even want to play there anymore. Their team is a mess and it's a smaller job. Nagy sounds like a really intriguing hire and his offense is really exciting, but his decision to come to Chicago shouldn't be taken as him preferring Trubisky over Andrew freaking Luck. It's a bigger job and he was Pace's guy, and was offered the job.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
But what will all you Haters do now?? Hope that he fails so you can keep the hating alive or do you actually get behind the guys that are working to get the Bears back to being a winning organization??

I will continue to support the Bears objectively and not blindly agreeing with their every move. I like the hire. If we don't see results though, heads gotta roll.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
It wasn't a litmus test between Trubisky and Luck. Luck seemingly doesn't even want to play there anymore. Their team is a mess and it's a smaller job. Nagy sounds like a really intriguing hire and his offense is really exciting, but his decision to come to Chicago shouldn't be taken as him preferring Trubisky over Andrew freaking Luck.

Agree with you but it is part of the decision.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I was Fangio I would take the first flight to Green Bay tomorrow, then come back and tell Sweaty Teddy he is going to give me a raise.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
But a new coach may want someone they feel they can mold. Luck is more of a finished product. Even if Luck were completely healthy, I would probably still be inclined to prefer Trubs just form the development standpoint. Especially if as rumored, KC loved Trubs in the draft.

Don’t be stupid... Luck as a finished product is a good thing, not a bad thing. That’s like saying a new coach wouldn’t want Tom Brady.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will continue to support the Bears objectively and not blindly agreeing with their every move. I like the hire. If we don't see results though, heads gotta roll.

The good thing is that we now have a GM, HC and QB who will succeed or fail together. It's cohesive and gives the team direction. It's good.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Agreed.....they were hard to predict and used every asset they had. Great mix of plays. Also used the running back for all you Howard lovers.....

This guy is the Anti-Loggains

But they really love using the running backs to throw to and J.Howard........................i don't think i need to finish this. Howard can catch but he has dropped a lot of big ones.

Can't wait to see how he uses Cohen and Shaheen though.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The good thing is that we now have a GM, HC and QB who will succeed or fail together. It's cohesive and gives the team direction. It's good.

For sure. The 'rebuild' should accelerate quickly now that we aren't saddled with Cutler and his contract and an old coach. I hope Pace can put together a solid FA and draft and this team will look much improved next year.

MontanaBear

Liked Posts:
Come on back Vic! You know you want to!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Barring a 1-15 disaster I can't see anything causing heads to roll next year. By design or not.... Pace has bought himself at least a year, more likely 2 or 3.

AussieBear

yay.. new coach.. wonder who his oc of choice be.....anywayz... no predictions or assumptions bout dis man..

438131590659e6b65931a2c3c65df7fb16804809a9ef178950785b53a707b47d.jpg

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
People overreact to the playoff loss. The KC kicker clanged one off the upright and the Mariota TD to himself was a total fluke. The game of football is flukey as hell and you can't judge a team or a coach on one half of football. The Steelers lost to the Mike Glennon led Bears, ferchrissakes!

I’d put blame one the defense as well. 21-3 with 2 quarters to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk